to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2013, 05:58 AM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
No worries Mike.
Had a little fun earlier today taking Deegan out on the new MM RM-Z450 lol.
http://youtu.be/akw_hy7op6U
Nice ride Chris. I see you're using the Alleven wheelie bar which apparently, hasn't been released yet. I also notice you're not using the tape over the rear body to protect it from wheelies. I believe this is the reason why you were easy on the throttle. Nice body!

I see too you're not using a front brake. Any reason why not?

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Mar 13, 2013, 06:34 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
I put my shock & chassis mods to the test i think they work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_98ktOt13M
Great video TJ!

Are you using the stock triples?

Are you using any upgrade besides the big bore?

Thanks.

David
Last edited by davehour; Mar 13, 2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 06:40 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
TJ runs his with the nylon measuring 230mm I think. I've gone 10mm more with 240mm as I run mostly on slippery dirt. This is how mine look.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
Hi,

I'm using 210mm nylon bars and works well. I'll try longer and bent upward next time.

David.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 06:53 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Nice ride Chris. I see you're using the Alleven wheelie bar which apparently, hasn't been released yet. I also notice you're not using the tape over the rear body to protect it from wheelies. I believe this is the reason why you were easy on the throttle. Nice body!

I see too you're not using a front brake. Any reason why not?

David
Haha David, thanks you have eagle eyes mate. I did some testing of that wheelie bar for Patrick and put it on this bike as its more unobtrusive than mine for video. Hopefully it'll be released sooner rather than later. I wasn't using tape and the body hadn't even been shoe gooed but the reason it looked like I was going easy on the throttle was because I only had a tekin 4800kv 540 motor geared with an 11 and that's as hard as it pulls. It has less low down power than the std motor but comes on later. Very easy to control I've found on the slippery stuff. Another reason i may have gone a bit easy was cause i was sitting in the middle of the track in a unusual position haha. I just haven't fitted a front brake yet to that bike, it's definitely planned.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:40 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Haha David, thanks you have eagle eyes mate. I did some testing of that wheelie bar for Patrick and put it on this bike as its more unobtrusive than mine for video. Hopefully it'll be released sooner rather than later. I wasn't using tape and the body hadn't even been shoe gooed but the reason it looked like I was going easy on the throttle was because I only had a tekin 4800kv 540 motor geared with an 11 and that's as hard as it pulls. It has less low down power than the std motor but comes on later. Very easy to control I've found on the slippery stuff. Another reason i may have gone a bit easy was cause i was sitting in the middle of the track in a unusual position haha. I just haven't fitted a front brake yet to that bike, it's definitely planned.
Oh, I see, he, he. Thansk Chris.

I'm still struggling with the issue of why my bike wobbles doing wheelies. I'm looking for clues. I've found the bike wheelies perfectly if the wheelie bar tire doesn't touch the floor. As soon as the wheelie bar tire touches, the wobbles start. I've also noticed if I apply power and accelerates the bike while it's wheeling with the wheelie bar tire touching the floor, the wobble disappears. I'm now trying to wheelie the bike avoiding the bar tire touch the floor.

I installed a new rear tire and inset to the bike yesterday. The old tire I was using lost all the spikes and was slick. Not to my surprise, it raised the end ratio seen by the motor due to the bigger diameter of the tire. Bike ran well but lost punch especially that I'm using the 13T pinion. I'll take speed readings and depending on what I found, I might switch back to the 12T. When the tire wears outs again, I then can re-install the 13T pinion.

David
Old Mar 13, 2013, 08:58 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,229 Posts
Quote:

I'm still struggling with the issue of why my bike wobbles doing wheelies. I'm looking for clues. I've found the bike wheelies perfectly if the wheelie bar tire doesn't touch the floor. As soon as the wheelie bar tire touches, the wobbles start. I've also noticed if I apply power and accelerates the bike while it's wheeling with the wheelie bar tire touching the floor, the wobble disappears. I'm now trying to wheelie the bike avoiding the bar tire touch the floor.

I installed a new rear tire and inset to the bike yesterday. The old tire I was using lost all the spikes and was slick. Not to my surprise, it raised the end ratio seen by the motor due to the bigger diameter of the tire. Bike ran well but lost punch especially that I'm using the 13T pinion. I'll take speed readings and depending on what I found, I might switch back to the 12T. When the tire wears outs again, I then can re-install the 13T pinion.

David
Wheelie issue could be caused by the bike becoming too vertical in the wheel stand, changing the CoG to directly over or behind the rear axle. Also make sure you have good wheel alignment between the rear wheel of the bike and the wheelie bar wheel. The gyro may be fighting the wheely bar's wheel efforts to (unintentionally) steer the bike.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Mar 13, 2013, 02:53 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Wheelie issue could be caused by the bike becoming too vertical in the wheel stand, changing the CoG to directly over or behind the rear axle. Also make sure you have good wheel alignment between the rear wheel of the bike and the wheelie bar wheel. The gyro may be fighting the wheely bar's wheel efforts to (unintentionally) steer the bike.
Great write up,and analysis.

David
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:54 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:

David
David I've found the wobble during a wheelie can be due to backing off. The bike wheelies well under power but when you cut the throttle it can start a wobble. If you keep on it the wobble generally disappears. You can see in the power wheelie vid the bike stays straight until I back off slightly as the front comes up too high then starts a little wobble. Also in the long wheelie vid it starts to wobble on one wheelie and I get on the throttle and it smooths out.

MM450 slow mo powerwheelie (0 min 8 sec)

MM450 long wheelies (1 min 18 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Mar 13, 2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 05:26 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Great video TJ!

Are you using the stock triples?

Are you using any upgrade besides the big bore?

Thanks.

David
Thanks David, i am using the alloy triples, big bore shock with alloy shock end & upper mount braces the rest is stock.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:17 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
David I've found the wobble during a wheelie can be due to backing off. The bike wheelies well under power but when you cut the throttle it can start a wobble. If you keep on it the wobble generally disappears. You can see in the power wheelie vid the bike stays straight until I back off slightly as the front comes up too high then starts a little wobble. Also in the long wheelie vid it starts to wobble on one wheelie and I get on the throttle and it smooths out.

http://youtu.be/DcjiaK5Nst0
http://youtu.be/XkmynRL1vq4
Chris,

Does that bike have an e-gyro ? So silent...

The wobble I'm suffering are similar to the one shown in the 40 second mark in the second video. In my case, if I keep on the wheelie, the wobble magnitude keep increasing until the bike loose track control and goes all over the place.

David
Old Mar 14, 2013, 02:54 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Chris,

Does that bike have an e-gyro ? So silent...

The wobble I'm suffering are similar to the one shown in the 40 second mark in the second video. In my case, if I keep on the wheelie, the wobble magnitude keep increasing until the bike loose track control and goes all over the place.

David
David it could still be your gyro causing it even though you've got it close. It may pay to check the rear axle and swingarm shaft for straightness to eliminate these. Hopefully with the new flywheel things may be better. I know the bike I had with the noisiest gyro was the worst at wheelies. Balancing it definitely improved it. Smooth throttle works best also to start the wheelie with no wobble.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Old Mar 14, 2013, 05:52 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Chris,

PM sent.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 09:30 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
David it could still be your gyro causing it even though you've got it close. It may pay to check the rear axle and swingarm shaft for straightness to eliminate these. Hopefully with the new flywheel things may be better. I know the bike I had with the noisiest gyro was the worst at wheelies. Balancing it definitely improved it. Smooth throttle works best also to start the wheelie with no wobble.
Gyro and flywheel hasn't shipped yet but hope I'll have them on my hands soon.

David
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:32 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Gyro and flywheel hasn't shipped yet but hope I'll have them on my hands soon.

David
Update: They were shipped yesterday .