HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:31 AM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
One would think... Lol
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2013, 05:58 AM
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
No worries Mike.
Had a little fun earlier today taking Deegan out on the new MM RM-Z450 lol.
http://youtu.be/akw_hy7op6U
Nice ride Chris. I see you're using the Alleven wheelie bar which apparently, hasn't been released yet. I also notice you're not using the tape over the rear body to protect it from wheelies. I believe this is the reason why you were easy on the throttle. Nice body!

I see too you're not using a front brake. Any reason why not?

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 06:34 AM
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
I put my shock & chassis mods to the test i think they work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_98ktOt13M
Great video TJ!

Are you using the stock triples?

Are you using any upgrade besides the big bore?

Thanks.

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Last edited by davehour; Mar 13, 2013 at 06:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 06:40 AM
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
TJ runs his with the nylon measuring 230mm I think. I've gone 10mm more with 240mm as I run mostly on slippery dirt. This is how mine look.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
Hi,

I'm using 210mm nylon bars and works well. I'll try longer and bent upward next time.

David.
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 06:53 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Nice ride Chris. I see you're using the Alleven wheelie bar which apparently, hasn't been released yet. I also notice you're not using the tape over the rear body to protect it from wheelies. I believe this is the reason why you were easy on the throttle. Nice body!

I see too you're not using a front brake. Any reason why not?

David
Haha David, thanks you have eagle eyes mate. I did some testing of that wheelie bar for Patrick and put it on this bike as its more unobtrusive than mine for video. Hopefully it'll be released sooner rather than later. I wasn't using tape and the body hadn't even been shoe gooed but the reason it looked like I was going easy on the throttle was because I only had a tekin 4800kv 540 motor geared with an 11 and that's as hard as it pulls. It has less low down power than the std motor but comes on later. Very easy to control I've found on the slippery stuff. Another reason i may have gone a bit easy was cause i was sitting in the middle of the track in a unusual position haha. I just haven't fitted a front brake yet to that bike, it's definitely planned.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:40 AM
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Haha David, thanks you have eagle eyes mate. I did some testing of that wheelie bar for Patrick and put it on this bike as its more unobtrusive than mine for video. Hopefully it'll be released sooner rather than later. I wasn't using tape and the body hadn't even been shoe gooed but the reason it looked like I was going easy on the throttle was because I only had a tekin 4800kv 540 motor geared with an 11 and that's as hard as it pulls. It has less low down power than the std motor but comes on later. Very easy to control I've found on the slippery stuff. Another reason i may have gone a bit easy was cause i was sitting in the middle of the track in a unusual position haha. I just haven't fitted a front brake yet to that bike, it's definitely planned.
Oh, I see, he, he. Thansk Chris.

I'm still struggling with the issue of why my bike wobbles doing wheelies. I'm looking for clues. I've found the bike wheelies perfectly if the wheelie bar tire doesn't touch the floor. As soon as the wheelie bar tire touches, the wobbles start. I've also noticed if I apply power and accelerates the bike while it's wheeling with the wheelie bar tire touching the floor, the wobble disappears. I'm now trying to wheelie the bike avoiding the bar tire touch the floor.

I installed a new rear tire and inset to the bike yesterday. The old tire I was using lost all the spikes and was slick. Not to my surprise, it raised the end ratio seen by the motor due to the bigger diameter of the tire. Bike ran well but lost punch especially that I'm using the 13T pinion. I'll take speed readings and depending on what I found, I might switch back to the 12T. When the tire wears outs again, I then can re-install the 13T pinion.

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 08:58 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Oh, I see, he, he. Thansk Chris.

I'm still struggling with the issue of why my bike wobbles doing wheelies. I'm looking for clues. I've found the bike wheelies perfectly if the wheelie bar tire doesn't touch the floor. As soon as the wheelie bar tire touches, the wobbles start. I've also noticed if I apply power and accelerates the bike while it's wheeling with the wheelie bar tire touching the floor, the wobble disappears. I'm now trying to wheelie the bike avoiding the bar tire touch the floor.

I installed a new rear tire and inset to the bike yesterday. The old tire I was using lost all the spikes and was slick. Not to my surprise, it raised the end ratio seen by the motor due to the bigger diameter of the tire. Bike ran well but lost punch especially that I'm using the 13T pinion. I'll take speed readings and depending on what I found, I might switch back to the 12T. When the tire wears outs again, I then can re-install the 13T pinion.

David
Wheelie issue could be caused by the bike becoming too vertical in the wheel stand, changing the CoG to directly over or behind the rear axle. Also make sure you have good wheel alignment between the rear wheel of the bike and the wheelie bar wheel. The gyro may be fighting the wheely bar's wheel efforts to (unintentionally) steer the bike.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 02:53 PM
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Wheelie issue could be caused by the bike becoming too vertical in the wheel stand, changing the CoG to directly over or behind the rear axle. Also make sure you have good wheel alignment between the rear wheel of the bike and the wheelie bar wheel. The gyro may be fighting the wheely bar's wheel efforts to (unintentionally) steer the bike.
Great write up,and analysis.

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:54 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Oh, I see, he, he. Thansk Chris.

I'm still struggling with the issue of why my bike wobbles doing wheelies. I'm looking for clues. I've found the bike wheelies perfectly if the wheelie bar tire doesn't touch the floor. As soon as the wheelie bar tire touches, the wobbles start. I've also noticed if I apply power and accelerates the bike while it's wheeling with the wheelie bar tire touching the floor, the wobble disappears. I'm now trying to wheelie the bike avoiding the bar tire touch the floor.

I installed a new rear tire and inset to the bike yesterday. The old tire I was using lost all the spikes and was slick. Not to my surprise, it raised the end ratio seen by the motor due to the bigger diameter of the tire. Bike ran well but lost punch especially that I'm using the 13T pinion. I'll take speed readings and depending on what I found, I might switch back to the 12T. When the tire wears outs again, I then can re-install the 13T pinion.

David
David I've found the wobble during a wheelie can be due to backing off. The bike wheelies well under power but when you cut the throttle it can start a wobble. If you keep on it the wobble generally disappears. You can see in the power wheelie vid the bike stays straight until I back off slightly as the front comes up too high then starts a little wobble. Also in the long wheelie vid it starts to wobble on one wheelie and I get on the throttle and it smooths out.

MM450 slow mo powerwheelie (0 min 8 sec)

MM450 long wheelies (1 min 18 sec)
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Mar 13, 2013 at 04:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 05:26 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Great video TJ!

Are you using the stock triples?

Are you using any upgrade besides the big bore?

Thanks.

David
Thanks David, i am using the alloy triples, big bore shock with alloy shock end & upper mount braces the rest is stock.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:17 PM
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
David I've found the wobble during a wheelie can be due to backing off. The bike wheelies well under power but when you cut the throttle it can start a wobble. If you keep on it the wobble generally disappears. You can see in the power wheelie vid the bike stays straight until I back off slightly as the front comes up too high then starts a little wobble. Also in the long wheelie vid it starts to wobble on one wheelie and I get on the throttle and it smooths out.

http://youtu.be/DcjiaK5Nst0
http://youtu.be/XkmynRL1vq4
Chris,

Does that bike have an e-gyro ? So silent...

The wobble I'm suffering are similar to the one shown in the 40 second mark in the second video. In my case, if I keep on the wheelie, the wobble magnitude keep increasing until the bike loose track control and goes all over the place.

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 02:54 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Chris,

Does that bike have an e-gyro ? So silent...

The wobble I'm suffering are similar to the one shown in the 40 second mark in the second video. In my case, if I keep on the wheelie, the wobble magnitude keep increasing until the bike loose track control and goes all over the place.

David
David it could still be your gyro causing it even though you've got it close. It may pay to check the rear axle and swingarm shaft for straightness to eliminate these. Hopefully with the new flywheel things may be better. I know the bike I had with the noisiest gyro was the worst at wheelies. Balancing it definitely improved it. Smooth throttle works best also to start the wheelie with no wobble.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 05:52 AM
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Chris,

PM sent.
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 09:30 PM
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
David it could still be your gyro causing it even though you've got it close. It may pay to check the rear axle and swingarm shaft for straightness to eliminate these. Hopefully with the new flywheel things may be better. I know the bike I had with the noisiest gyro was the worst at wheelies. Balancing it definitely improved it. Smooth throttle works best also to start the wheelie with no wobble.
Gyro and flywheel hasn't shipped yet but hope I'll have them on my hands soon.

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:32 AM
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Gyro and flywheel hasn't shipped yet but hope I'll have them on my hands soon.

David
Update: They were shipped yesterday .
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Nitro ARX with e-gyro conversion first test run Throttlejunkie Motorcycles 55 Aug 16, 2012 12:35 AM
Sold E-flite G210 mems Gyro rodneybarrett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jun 26, 2012 10:04 PM
Sold E-flite G110 gyros rodneybarrett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jun 24, 2012 05:29 PM
For Sale 3-channel Micro IR S107 Metal HoneyBee Helicopter No.ES0107 (with Gyro) mictopwin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 8 May 09, 2011 01:47 PM
Sold Gaui hurricane 550 with metal head, servos, gyro, esc, and batteries. - $350 shipped AllBread Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 6 Apr 19, 2009 09:23 PM