JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:01 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
scale that jump up to 1:1 ...My, that Deegan is a brave man!
Thanks guys I was thinking the same Dave, that's big in real life lol.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:47 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,517 Posts
Found another big air shot.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:36 AM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Hi guys,

Well, I'm happy to tell you I got a new bike!

No, it's not that I bought a new one, but after correcting some of the wobble, changing the bearings and balancing the flywheel of the gyro, the bike is behaving so much better and different that it seem it's a completely different bike. It's that much that I need to re-learn to drive the bike, specially making turns. The bike leans so smooth and predictable. And I'm getting used to new sounds I hear from the bike now that the gyro isn't making as much noise and vibrations. The bike is really quite. It's sad to get a bike with this kind of imperfection from factory that f it not were because of you guys, I would still be having it the way it came from factory because there was no way to tell. And the bike is doing wheelies better now too!

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:24 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Hi guys,

Well, I'm happy to tell you I got a new bike!

No, it's not that I bought a new one, but after correcting some of the wobble, changing the bearings and balancing the flywheel of the gyro, the bike is behaving so much better and different that it seem it's a completely different bike. It's that much that I need to re-learn to drive the bike, specially making turns. The bike leans so smooth and predictable. And I'm getting used to new sounds I hear from the bike now that the gyro isn't making as much noise and vibrations. The bike is really quite. It's sad to get a bike with this kind of imperfection from factory that f it not were because of you guys, I would still be having it the way it came from factory because there was no way to tell. And the bike is doing wheelies better now too!

David
David that is great to hear. I'm hearing you when you say it shouldn't come from the factory with those sorts of issues for you to sort. I'm glad you have and can see how much better the bike is and I'm sure it'll make using it that much better again, cool.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:42 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,517 Posts
I bought a prop balancer to balance my bad flywheels. It's amazing how out of balance the bad ones are. It works really well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:53 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Chris,

I have that same balancer. I measured by eye and thiought the centers were too small for the flywheel hub and didn't try, but I now see it works with the bearings, LOL.

I believe the worst of all was the big amount of wobble the flywheel came with. Adding that to the unbalance, made the worst combination...

David
Last edited by davehour; Feb 28, 2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:57 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Next time, I'll work harder to get rid of all the wobble now that I see how much difference that fix does to the bike.

David
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:38 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,721 Posts
@Dave,
Hehe, new bike...you had me there for a second I thought you bought another one. Its amazing when the first time you really can hear how quiet the egyro can hum when its setup proper. I could deal with the bearing noise but when that noise is gone it just sounds well, perfect. The help here is amazing, I wouldnt have a CLUE without all you guys sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
I bought a prop balancer to balance my bad flywheels. It's amazing how out of balance the bad ones are. It works really well.
Nice. What brand is it? Looks way more professional than me using my dx450 bike stand and stator reversed. Team CHKTM orange semi truck rolling in style dang haha. I would like to update my balancing tip on website to include this pic, would that be ok Chris?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:03 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
@Dave,
Hehe, new bike...you had me there for a second I thought you bought another one. Its amazing when the first time you really can hear how quiet the egyro can hum when its setup proper. I could deal with the bearing noise but when that noise is gone it just sounds well, perfect. The help here is amazing, I wouldnt have a CLUE without all you guys sharing.

Nice. What brand is it? Looks way more professional than me using my dx450 bike stand and stator reversed. Team CHKTM orange semi truck rolling in style dang haha. I would like to update my balancing tip on website to include this pic, would that be ok Chris?
Its a Dubro one John. I'm amazed it settles in the same spot to the mm every time. It's very accurate. I'd recommend using this sort of setup to balance as I tried the cleaned out bearings on a drill bit method and couldn't accurately determine the heavy spot on this flywheel. As soon as I put it on the balancer it showed a heavy side. You can use the pic of my messy work area no worries John lol.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:32 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Next time, I'll work harder to get rid of all the wobble now that I see how much difference that fix does to the bike.

David
David, how did you get rid of wobble. None of mine have wobble really but some are definitely out of balance. I'd be hitting Atomik up to send you out a replacement flywheel.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:37 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,721 Posts
Mine produced wobble after bearing failure. Replaced bearings and it went away.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:50 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,721 Posts
Im just going to throw this out there. I did a quick test with a full charged battery of my bike in backyard just to make sure its working. I noticed the bike turns/steers to the left faster than it does going right. Picked it up and I could see what appears to be the servo pulling the servo horn faster than it does pushing the horn. Checked and steering speed on radio is 100% both ways. I think this is a tower hobbies servo I pulled from my dx450 because previous vmx servo failed. My truck servo just started to fail, my vmx brake failed last week. Ugh.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:03 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Im just going to throw this out there. I did a quick test with a full charged battery of my bike in backyard just to make sure its working. I noticed the bike turns/steers to the left faster than it does going right. Picked it up and I could see what appears to be the servo pulling the servo horn faster than it does pushing the horn. Checked and steering speed on radio is 100% both ways. I think this is a tower hobbies servo I pulled from my dx450 because previous vmx servo failed. My truck servo just started to fail, my vmx brake failed last week. Ugh.
John what you want to look at is the EPA adjustment. The way I set my bikes up is as follows. Reduce the amount of travel both left and right to about half travel to the stops, the left adjustment may be different to the right which is pretty normal. Next go out and try the bike and adjust according to the fastest corner taken on the throttle to just get enough steering one way and then turn a corner the other way and adjust as needed. If it needs a bit more dial a bit more in, if it needs less dial some out until the bike turns evenly both ways and the steering isn't too sensitive.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:15 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,721 Posts
Yeah I check it out. I know my epa is different for each just due to servo position I guess. What Im noticing doesnt seem related to epa though, but the speed which servo pushes or pulls on steering so I can enter turn or straighten up out of a turn faster when servo pulls back vs when servo pushes damper foward. I'll check binding tonight. Fun stuff but Id rather be roosting lol.