SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:51 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,804 Posts
Yes there was a post but I cant find it and apparently theres a jumper on the gyro esc where you can replace it with a switch. As for the body, I trimmed a little half circle area so no rubbing so no big deal.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Last edited by JohnnyMc; Feb 21, 2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: To much blah blah in my post.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:52 PM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samicidal View Post
What's up guys, pretty new to posting here, great info. I just picked up a new MM450 and that thing is sick! But does anybody have an issue with the steering arm rubbing the inside edge of the body? Kind of annoying, I hate to trim the edge of it for clearance. Any thoughts? Also, I searched but didn't find anything, has anyone put a switch on the gyro wires so it doesn't spool up when you plug in the battery? I like to throw the battle in and put the body on, and clips and whatnot, then carry it all outside, but it sucks with that thing winding out all through the house, and that's not even with the feet screwed to the pegs. How does everyone else do it? Thanks for the help.
Welcome!

Regarding the steering shock rubbing the body, I used a Dremel rotating tool with a sanding roll to remove body material. It ended looking great. I can post a picture if you want. It seem this doesn't affect the steering as it hasn't been mentioned much nor have seen cutouts made in the pictures you see in this thread.

LOL, for the gyro sound; I know what you mean, LOL. You can install a switch but I believe most of us connect the battery at the time we run the bike. On the bench, you can disconnect one of the bullets connectors that carry power to the gyro ESC.

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:57 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Chris,

The ones I bought measure 25" x 7" x 12. I think they are the small ones you're referring too

Razor makes bigger ones but the problem with them is the shipping. I'll have to find a local skateboard shop to see if they sell them.

David
Yea they are the little ones. They still work but you have to go slow. The big ones you can hit flat out and the bike jumps well. I found a vid of my bike using both ramps.
MM450 Ramp Jumps (1 min 34 sec)
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Feb 21, 2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:15 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflybyu View Post
Thanks for the info. The only spares i don't have on route that you listed is the lower chassis and the steering block.

Do you have a pic of the upper shock mount that TJ came up with?
This is how i make my upper shock mounts, it is 7 x 7mm square alloy cut to size & round the corners so it fits up in there nice & mark the holes & drill them & screw it in with a screw washer & nut through the chassis & the other screw just screws into the chassis using counter sunk heads, you will loose 3 adjusting holes but with the big bore i don't think you will need them, i am still running my broken chassis i fixed with these & have had a couple of good endo's & nothing has broke yet i am going to hit some jumps soon to really put it to the test.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:42 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
This is how i make my upper shock mounts, it is 7 x 7mm square alloy cut to size & round the corners so it fits up in there nice & mark the holes & drill them & screw it in with a screw washer & nut through the chassis & the other screw just screws into the chassis using counter sunk heads, you will loose 3 adjusting holes but with the big bore i don't think you will need them, i am still running my broken chassis i fixed with these & have had a couple of good endo's & nothing has broke yet i am going to hit some jumps soon to really put it to the test.
TJ,

I've ordered a 1mm carbon board to reinforce the area. I'll two plates similar to the flat area the shock holes are, and will glue one plate on each side. I believe this should reinforce the area.

What do you think?

David
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:49 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,847 Posts
Quote:
TJ,

I've ordered a 1mm carbon board to reinforce the area. I'll two plates similar to the flat area the shock holes are, and will glue one plate on each side. I believe this should reinforce the area.

What do you think?

David
Yes mate that might work, i always say there is only one way to find out if something will work & that is to try it, let us know how it goes.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:26 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,764 Posts
Quote:
TJ,

What do you think?

David
David I was thinking the same but I was going to put a bolt through each end as well as the shock bolt so that would spread the load over three holes.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Test video
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:36 AM
Joined Jan 2013
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
David I was thinking the same but I was going to put a bolt through each end as well as the shock bolt so that would spread the load over three holes.
This is what I was picturing, just using Aluminum plate instead of Carbon Fibre.
iflybyu is offline Find More Posts by iflybyu
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:26 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,804 Posts
Looks great TJ, hope it holds up for you out there!
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:39 PM
MM450 Perfectionist
The Woodlands, TX
Joined Dec 2009
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Looks great TJ, hope it holds up for you out there!
Johnny,

I sent you a quick question on your website...
thanks!!!
rpedro is offline Find More Posts by rpedro
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:42 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Yea they are the little ones. They still work but you have to go slow. The big ones you can hit flat out and the bike jumps well. I found a vid of my bike using both ramps.
http://youtu.be/KsraWeVVc0w
Yes, slowly works but no joy running like that. I'm wondering why your bike pitches up. Mine pitches down on the small ramp even applying throttle much like you. Could it be the depth of the parabola or what it's behind the Tx ?

David
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:56 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Yes, slowly works but no joy running like that. I'm wondering why your bike pitches up. Mine pitches down on the small ramp even applying throttle much like you. Could it be the depth of the parabola or what it's behind the Tx ?

David
Could be the bike setup possibly? I've been jumping all my life and on flat landings try and land rear first. I only would just blip the throttle on that little jump I'm sure. Pretty boring though David. That was the only time I've used that small ramp. The big one is spot on.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Test video
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:10 PM
MM450 Perfectionist
The Woodlands, TX
Joined Dec 2009
242 Posts
Ok, finally pulling the trigger on a brand new MM450... I want to pick up everything I need for this right away... I have a deal on the upgrade 5000mah venom battery already... Two batteries should hold me for now... I want to pick up all the alleven and venom alloy parts in one swoop... Also the front disc brake kit... Ktm body, front axle upgrade,what else guys??? what weight oils do I need for both front and back??? I noticed there is an alloy gear support for the vmx, does it even fit on the mm450??? Am I missing anything else??? Thanks all!!!
rpedro is offline Find More Posts by rpedro
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:02 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Great idea Chris.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:02 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Yes mate that might work, i always say there is only one way to find out if something will work & that is to try it, let us know how it goes.
Sure will TJ .