SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:01 PM
MCY
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Some guys have had gyro ESC problems when they have had wires rub through around the brake calliper area and sometimes where the wire exits the bearing. I've used my bikes for many hours and never seen an issue yet cross fingers. I do remove excessive side play in the rear rim by using a drop of CA glue in the small bearing housing and letting it run around and dry with the face down. There are the odd faulty ones I guess also but it may pay to check your wiring.
Hi chktm, Thanks for the info..
MCY is offline Find More Posts by MCY
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:02 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
A few pics from the latest on board.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:04 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:10 PM
MCY
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Hook up your main motor ESC to the gyro wires to check if the ESC has taken a dump. You can actually use a spare ESC to power up the gyro plugged into the third channel.
Hi chktm, I try to used a spare esc and plug into 3rd channel, the egyro works fine but the main motor not working..
MCY is offline Find More Posts by MCY
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:16 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCY View Post
Hi chktm, I try to used a spare esc and plug into 3rd channel, the egyro works fine but the main motor not working..
So your motor was working with the ESC before you plugged in the other one into the third channel. Now the e gyro works but the main motor doesn't . Try one at a time using the ESC that works in different channels maybe?
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:18 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
This pic shows the wiring rubbed through from the rim.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:23 PM
MCY
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
So your motor was working with the ESC before you plugged in the other one into the third channel. Now the e gyro works but the main motor doesn't . Try one at a time using the ESC that works in different channels maybe?

Ok, i will try with other esc. thanks for the info..
MCY is offline Find More Posts by MCY
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:58 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Here's a pic from a wet run.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:12 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Had a run this arvy after the rain had stopped. There were a few puddles left on the track, not for long haha. I've done them in HD but it still looks better on my videos, not sure if I need to use a computer?

Atomik MM450 go pro rear view on board (2 min 2 sec)

Atomik MM450 go pro on board (3 min 4 sec)
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:29 AM
flexwing addict
mark675's Avatar
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,678 Posts
those pics are very impressive chktm!
i tried this a few years back with my anderson m5 and old gopro but looking back at them its very unstable lol
love the forward view with the arms in the pic but a shame the handlebars dont move cus that would up the realism loads,
i know its not really practical though due to the way the steering works but would be cool

nice work

radian, TT sb5, anderson m5 test videos (9 min 8 sec)
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:35 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
That pic looks crazy at full size because the way everything has a motion blur except the water so it gives the water an almost 3d effect coming out of the picture lol.

As for uploading with HD, im not sure but when watching the video on youtube website, you can click the little "gear" option in the video window and select different resolutions including HD. Its possible the video program you have on your phone does something when it uploads to youtube though, not sure.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:01 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark675 View Post
those pics are very impressive chktm!
i tried this a few years back with my anderson m5 and old gopro but looking back at them its very unstable lol
love the forward view with the arms in the pic but a shame the handlebars dont move cus that would up the realism loads,
i know its not really practical though due to the way the steering works but would be cool

nice work

http://youtu.be/DGLq6rOXIhI
Thanks Mark, it would look great with the bars moving all right.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:03 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
That pic looks crazy at full size because the way everything has a motion blur except the water so it gives the water an almost 3d effect coming out of the picture lol.

As for uploading with HD, im not sure but when watching the video on youtube website, you can click the little "gear" option in the video window and select different resolutions including HD. Its possible the video program you have on your phone does something when it uploads to youtube though, not sure.
The water splash looked cool so I had to get a shot of it. Thanks John I'll try using my sons computer to do some and see what happens.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:29 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
31 Posts
I can't believe I went through this whole thread in 2 days...I need more to do at work...

I have an mm450 on route and should be to me by the end of the week. i am looking forward to wrenching on this thing and running it to...

I m sure i will be asking a lot of questions once I get going, and thanks for all the info you guys already have out there.
iflybyu is offline Find More Posts by iflybyu
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:12 PM
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflybyu View Post
I can't believe I went through this whole thread in 2 days...I need more to do at work...

I have an mm450 on route and should be to me by the end of the week. i am looking forward to wrenching on this thing and running it to...

I m sure i will be asking a lot of questions once I get going, and thanks for all the info you guys already have out there.
Welcome to the group!

I know you'll love the bike. I bought mine back on December and still enjoying it the same as I did the first day I ran it.

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Nitro ARX with e-gyro conversion first test run Throttlejunkie Motorcycles 55 Aug 16, 2012 12:35 AM
Sold E-flite G210 mems Gyro rodneybarrett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jun 26, 2012 10:04 PM
Sold E-flite G110 gyros rodneybarrett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jun 24, 2012 05:29 PM
For Sale 3-channel Micro IR S107 Metal HoneyBee Helicopter No.ES0107 (with Gyro) mictopwin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 8 May 09, 2011 01:47 PM
Sold Gaui hurricane 550 with metal head, servos, gyro, esc, and batteries. - $350 shipped AllBread Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 6 Apr 19, 2009 09:23 PM