HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:51 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Race face
, I don't think I'd want to race him Chris haha .
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:59 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,734 Posts
@TopDave, cool you got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Race face
LOL, ummm that dude is scary looking. Something tells me I might get punted off the backside of the berm when he is around haha. Btw, great tactic to psych out the competition!
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:54 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
This is how I've done it with the wiring coming out under the ESC.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:30 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Did a forward facing run for those interested.
Atomik MM450 go pro on board forward facing (1 min 47 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:56 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
A couple of pics.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:57 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:26 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,734 Posts
Those still photos look amazing how it gets all the details. Technology is getting better for the fpv (first person view) video style. Still too shaky for my personal taste, but video quality is sweet. I think with certain video software that video can be smoothed out even more as Ive seen videos with it at least.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:53 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Those still photos look amazing how it gets all the details. Technology is getting better for the fpv (first person view) video style. Still too shaky for my personal taste, but video quality is sweet. I think with certain video software that video can be smoothed out even more as Ive seen videos with it at least.
That's still std def too John. When I see it in HD its pretty dam good even with a few shakes. You have to remember the track is anything but smooth haha. I'll load some up in a week or so and see what you think. In the meantime here's the latest run today.
Atomik MM450 go pro forward on board (3 min 4 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:06 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
One thing about the front facing on board is you can see exactly what's going on with the steering at any time. Might help some people out?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:18 AM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Wonder how much runtime a ~4000 pack gives.

I'm betting you'll get 15 minutes unless you're running in sand. Mine would run 18+ minutes on carpet on my mini track in the basement.

PS Thanks for the bearing receipt John!
I'm impressed you're getting that much run-time. I'm getting about 6 minutes with the stock 3200 batt ending at 3.75V per cell. I bought a 5000 one and I'm getting about 10 minutes. I run on bitumen constantly throttling and braking though.

David
davehour is online now Find More Posts by davehour
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:24 AM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Should be easy to fit the wires JMc. Take the male battery plugs and file / grind the wire soldering cup off the top of the plug leaving the bottom of the cup to solder to. Solder the wires perpendicular to the plug so the wires are parallel with the length of the battery and cut the wires to the required lengths.....Done! The balance tap should work the same altho' I have talked to many experienced racers and they never bother to balance 2 cell packs,...... but follow your own methods for that for peace of mind. You can feel the lower CG with the short packs for sure.
IMHO, I wouldn't recommend charging a lipo in a non balance mode. It takes only one incident to regret they weren't doing it before.

David
davehour is online now Find More Posts by davehour
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:54 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
IMHO, I wouldn't recommend charging a lipo in a non balance mode. It takes only one incident to regret they weren't doing it before.

David
Thanks for your concerns davehour, but I've personally seen no fires at a race since we have gone to LiPo batts, but many fires in the pits when we were still using NIMH batts. That's why I always use the disclaimer "to charge with the way you are comfortable''. I always balance charge my 3,4,and 6 cell Heli and aircraft batteries.
Prolly was a bad idea to offer the "no balance option" of the 2 cell packs,cause some people may misunderstand and not balance any of the multi-cell packs, which could lead to a fire. After thinking about it I will delete that sentence from my post!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:02 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
I'm impressed you're getting that much run-time. I'm getting about 6 minutes with the stock 3200 batt ending at 3.75V per cell. I bought a 5000 one and I'm getting about 10 minutes. I run on bitumen constantly throttling and braking though.

David
That sounds about right David, on my dirt track I get about 8 minutes with the std 3200 battery and maybe 12 minutes with a 5200.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:07 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,271 Posts
why do you think charging a 2 s pack is any different from a multi s pack .Because you have witnessed people getting away with a bad practice does not make it a good one. the odd part is when I used to race with nicd's the lengths people went to to monitor there pack condition. The only difference I can see is a high voltage cell has fewer cells to disguise it but a low cell could easily send another over volt.
Gaz-b is online now Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:31 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,225 Posts
Quote:

David
I think what part of the reason that I'm getting such good runtimes is that I always run on very tight ''closed courses" and am forced to use throttle control to keep the bike pointed in the right direction. I can only pull the throttle wide open occasionally even on the straights and even then I have to ''roll the throttle" on to keep things under control. I forget sometimes, that most guys that own these bikes only use them to jump, roost and wheelie and do high speed runs, which all require a lot of throttle that uses up the battery very quickly. By comparison, my 1/5th scale Thunder Tiger Pro road racer will run 25 minutes + on a closed course track on bitumen at speed, with a 5000 mah battery. The only reason I pull off then is that I'm worried that my ESCs low voltage cutoff isn't working, lol.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave