Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:10 PM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Update: Finished rider last night about 2am with the final touch of mirrored lense and tear off strip. Time to finish the bike now.
Impressive work John!
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:48 AM
United States, IN, Columbus
Joined Nov 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
No cleaning apart from the bearings very rarely ( like maybe every 40 hours ) will need flushing and re lubing.
I use brake or carby cleaner to flush them until spinning smooth then lube with a tacky chain and bearing lubricant.
Thanks for the info
razor_01 is offline Find More Posts by razor_01
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:10 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor_01 View Post
Thanks for the info
No worries.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:11 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Hi guys,

I found the chain guide of the swing arm broken. The breakage is at the first brace holding the base. Have any of you had this happened? Is someone running the bike without the chain guide?

Thanks,

David
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:36 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Hi guys,

I found the chain guide of the swing arm broken. The breakage is at the first brace holding the base. Have any of you had this happened? Is someone running the bike without the chain guide?

Thanks,

David
That's no dramas David. It's really there just for looks not functionality.
I don't think any of my bikes have one left.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:49 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,786 Posts
Hey folks,

Anyone here have a spare brushed car/bike ESC with reverse laying around doing nothing? I have a vintage project here I want to complete and all I'm needing is the ESC. I have a brushed one here I can even swap, it's a Novak GTX so its not a cheapie but it just doesn't have the reverse function I need.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:39 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
That's no dramas David. It's really there just for looks not functionality.
I don't think any of my bikes have one left.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
Thanks Chris. You saved me $11.00 .

David
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:02 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
hey guys not been on the forum much lately due to commitments in the real world , thankfully i can give my hobby the time it used to have once again ,

so whats been going on im sure i have missed loads of good post,s from you guys i will try and sift through the last posts to find the best blogs and vids , and cant wait to start adding myself as soon as the snow / sludge has gone i will be out thrashing my vmx and mm450
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:18 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Thanks Chris. You saved me $11.00 .

David
Good stuff David .
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:34 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
hey guys not been on the forum much lately due to commitments in the real world , thankfully i can give my hobby the time it used to have once again ,

so whats been going on im sure i have missed loads of good post,s from you guys i will try and sift through the last posts to find the best blogs and vids , and cant wait to start adding myself as soon as the snow / sludge has gone i will be out thrashing my vmx and mm450
Funny about a week ago I was thinking, dang what happened to Deen? Nice that your back. I can relate as last year was a waist for me personally in terms of enjoying the hobby. I just got some finishing touches then its just a matter of squeezing some free time on weekends to get out there. CHKTM started a mm450 tips discussion if your looking for things to tinker with on you bikes, if its not on the main page its probably a page back. Discussions have been about bearings, balancing the egyro flywheel, rear shock, and wheelie bars.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:55 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Update: Finished rider last night about 2am with the final touch of mirrored lense and tear off strip. Time to finish the bike now.
Awesome John he looks great, Check out my new Deegan in his fluoro yellow hi vis gear i think he will just about glow in the dark lol
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:16 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,786 Posts
Check it out fellas!! Exactly seven days from purchase to my door is pretty damn good! The kit looks great, I'll let you all know how they go when my current ones clap out.

Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:21 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Awesome John he looks great, Check out my new Deegan in his fluoro yellow hi vis gear i think he will just about glow in the dark lol
WOW that came out brighter than the red before it! You must have had a nice white base coat. Did you remember to heat set the paint after each time painting? It will make your black body really stand out. Cant wait to see how it looks in video next time.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:57 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,533 Posts
I got a go pro today and had a bit of fun this afternoon with it. Sorry its only std def and no editing. It looks great in HD. I'll do some in the next few weeks possibly and start to compile footage and try and learn how to edit.
Atomik MM450 go pro on board (1 min 8 sec)

Atomik MM450 go pro on board (1 min 27 sec)

Atomik MM450 go pro on board (1 min 25 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:28 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,533 Posts
Last one which was actually the first test run with the camera to check the angle.
Atomik MM450 go pro on board (1 min 34 sec)

Good fun .
RCG Plus Member