HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:56 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,272 Posts
Did you have the smr inserts in as well ?.
Gaz-b is online now Find More Posts by Gaz-b
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:20 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Hey fellas,

I tried the SMR road tyres today and they were crap! The bike just wouldn't turn at all!! With the nobbys I can get a radius of about 3 feet but these things weren't turning in the space of a normal street!! Any ideas?
How long are your skid bars? More lean angle ='s tighter turns. Rather than shortening them up excessively, try bending them up until your bike leans enough. I've found this also keeps the weight of the bike on the tires for better traction which allows the bike to stand back up after a crash.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:06 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
Did you have the smr inserts in as well ?.
Yep, they came with the set when I bought them.
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:18 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Yep, they came with the set when I bought them.
It would be great to see a video did the scratch seem to heavy on the deck. It might be worth trying thinner steering damper oil.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:05 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,784 Posts
Yeah while accelerating to turn the front wheel is just under steering its way to the gutter. I think I'll just put the nobbys back on as the slicks really limit where I can drive it.
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:54 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Yeah while accelerating to turn the front wheel is just under steering its way to the gutter. I think I'll just put the nobbys back on as the slicks really limit where I can drive it.
I think that's some of the trouble Allen as if you are trying to do 3 foot radius turns while accelerating on the bitumen just won't work. You need to slow down a lot more as you can't steer with the rear as much and use more lean angle to turn tight. Also as soon as the bar touches you want to either slow down and or straighten the steering as the bike will go straight ahead as soon as the bars touch on the road.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:31 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
I think that's some of the trouble Allen as if you are trying to do 3 foot radius turns while accelerating on the bitumen just won't work. You need to slow down a lot more as you can't steer with the rear as much and use more lean angle to turn tight. Also as soon as the bar touches you want to either slow down and or straighten the steering as the bike will go straight ahead as soon as the bars touch on the road.
I don't know how much experience you have with bikes but use the steering to control the lean angle the speed will dictate the radius. If the bars are scraping use the steering to take the weight off them if you steer the way you want to turn with the bars touching the road all you do is force the front wheel to point the wrong way .
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:06 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,735 Posts
Almost done painting rider so I thought I would do a quick test run of the bike in backyard to make sure its running ok and apparently its not lol. Front brake wasnt working but against better judgement I kept going. I saw some smoke so that must have fried. Whats worse though is by the end of battery the egyro flywheel was producing a lot of side wobble it didnt have before. I think I'll go back to painting and then check it out at end of week lol.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:01 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Almost done painting rider so I thought I would do a quick test run of the bike in backyard to make sure its running ok and apparently its not lol. Front brake wasnt working but against better judgement I kept going. I saw some smoke so that must have fried. Whats worse though is by the end of battery the egyro flywheel was producing a lot of side wobble it didnt have before. I think I'll go back to painting and then check it out at end of week lol.
That's no good mate, what do you mean by side wobble was it vibrating or moving side to side in the wheel? since doing Chris H's CA trick on the sprocket side bearing it took all the side movement out of my back wheel but i also did it to the bearing on the magnet side of the flywheel as the bearing was such a loose fit i could spin the outer by hand while it was in the flywheel i had to lightly sand it to get the bearing back in after using the glue & my wheel & gyro are solid now with no movement & spins smooth & quiet.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:01 PM
United States, IN, Columbus
Joined Nov 2012
44 Posts
How often should I be cleaning the motor on my bike?
razor_01 is offline Find More Posts by razor_01
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:13 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,289 Posts
Hit it with a pressure washer after every run.
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:49 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
Hit it with a pressure washer after every run.
lol.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:53 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor_01 View Post
How often should I be cleaning the motor on my bike?
No cleaning apart from the bearings very rarely ( like maybe every 40 hours ) will need flushing and re lubing.
I use brake or carby cleaner to flush them until spinning smooth then lube with a tacky chain and bearing lubricant.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:27 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,735 Posts
rv#1 rider finished

Update: Finished rider last night about 2am with the final touch of mirrored lense and tear off strip. Time to finish the bike now.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:22 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Update: Finished rider last night about 2am with the final touch of mirrored lense and tear off strip. Time to finish the bike now.
Wow! That's fantastic!
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe