HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:50 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post

. When bearings are noisy its because they are very worn out and nearly broken. If you try a CA bushing trick or teflon tape you can tighten up the pocket tolerance temporarily.
Two visits in as many days we must be honoured

Your suggestions you say are ' temporary ' so is a new flywheel the long term fix ?
Some Loctite products will tale care of excess bearing clearances if a bearing has locked up and turned in the housing
I must say Atomik were quick to replace one where one of the magnets was sitting a bit proud of all the others and here bearing fit was a tight push fit so looks like QC is suspect in that area

Come back soon
Cheers Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:34 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Well I've been talking to some nice guys over at RCLargeScale.com and then Ed from FastEddyBearings was like, hey I'll make a bearing kit for the bike. So as Im asking about bearings here, today of all days, I see this pop up...
http://www.fasteddybearings.com/atom...e-bearing-kit/
Ordered some last night Thanks JMc
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:54 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
2nd bike just arrived along with Deegan and a body set for the VMX. so now the job of stripping it and building it to match the first one. The only differences on the loaner will be the std steer wheel radio and std 80A speedo.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:26 PM
FastEddyBearings
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Sep 2010
57 Posts
Great read on the bearings.
We are always looking for ways to make our kits better. Feedback is welcome so we can adjust our bearing specs to meet the needs and be cost effective. Feel free to send feedback from our site.

We have several kits out in the mail to knowledgeable people so hopefully they will use them and get me some good info.
-Ed
Team FastEddy is offline Find More Posts by Team FastEddy
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:32 PM
FastEddyBearings
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Sep 2010
57 Posts
If anyone has an .pdf manuals or exploded parts views for this bike ill post it up so its easy to find.

Use the form on the site to send it.
www.RCDocuments.com

-Ed
Team FastEddy is offline Find More Posts by Team FastEddy
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:19 PM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team FastEddy View Post
Great read on the bearings.
We are always looking for ways to make our kits better. Feedback is welcome so we can adjust our bearing specs to meet the needs and be cost effective. Feel free to send feedback from our site.

We have several kits out in the mail to knowledgeable people so hopefully they will use them and get me some good info.
-Ed
Hi,

Are the kit's bearings rubber or metal shielded?

Thanks,

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:39 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team FastEddy View Post
If anyone has an .pdf manuals or exploded parts views for this bike ill post it up so its easy to find.

Use the form on the site to send it.
www.RCDocuments.com

-Ed
http://www.atomik-rc.com/Brian-Deega...category=76745

The PDF is in the documents tab.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:08 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,798 Posts
Quote:
Well I've been talking to some nice guys over at RCLargeScale.com and then Ed from FastEddyBearings was like, hey I'll make a bearing kit for the bike. So as Im asking about bearings here, today of all days, I see this pop up...
http://www.fasteddybearings.com/atom...e-bearing-kit/
Ducks nuts!!!

Soon as I have some money again I'll get some!!!!
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:51 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
I just bought this to see if it's good for brake outer the coated inner cable I am using measures .7 mm.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1110043183...84.m1439.l2649
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:38 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,740 Posts
So you will be able to test that trick front disk now and compare to stock? Hey, the stock brake cable is 0.5mm it looks. ChrisH said in an email his is 1.2mm pushbike cable with antenna tubing, for your information.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:15 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
Quote:
So you will be able to test that trick front disk now and compare to stock? Hey, the stock brake cable is 0.5mm it looks. ChrisH said in an email his is 1.2mm pushbike cable with antenna tubing, for your information.
As best I can tell on a good old venier my digital ones seem to misplaced the battery. Original cable is .7MM tube od is 1.66MM and it does feel like antenna tube but much smaller than I have ever seen. So is the bench mark of a good front brake getting it to do stoppies.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:27 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
Does anybody know when n why the motor was changed. The original one from My VMX is 4800KV I just fitted it with a 13t pinion and it seems to go well.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:53 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,798 Posts
Quote:
Hmm, where is the trick disk you speak of?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:15 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
Does anybody know when n why the motor was changed. The original one from My VMX is 4800KV I just fitted it with a 13t pinion and it seems to go well.
Gaz the motor was changed for a number of reasons I believe. First up the extra power is not needed to drive the mechanical gyro. Next the run time is better with a smaller kv motor as is the drivability of the bike. The 4800kv motor works well and is great for bashing however on a dirt track the 4200kv may be a better option as it goes just as fast however doesn't break traction as hard therefore is easier to get around consistently.

Just finished painting up a new body for the racing we are getting going this year at the local RC track.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:21 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,798 Posts
Hahaha number 18, just like I've got on mine!!

I managed to take back the motor mount just enough to fit the 13t pinion and its free from binding now. I also re-tuned the forks with some new o-rings and some plumbers tape, they are good to go!!