HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:32 PM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Chris,

What wire do you use to make the crashbars?

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:09 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Chris,

What wire do you use to make the crashbars?

David
Hey David I use piano wire. Not quite sure of the size. I think its the next size down from 1/8 inch. Nylon rod is probably the best stuff to use if running on grass. I think guys use 6mm stuff.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:54 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
What's a micro drive?

Aside from that, I got my fork o-ring spares along with my 13t pinion today! I'll fit that tomorrow and go for a squirt.
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:22 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
What's a micro drive?

Aside from that, I got my fork o-ring spares along with my 13t pinion today! I'll fit that tomorrow and go for a squirt.
Cool Alan, that'll give it some top end on the field. The micro drive is Allevens chain and sprockets. They are more scale size hence the name. Speaking of scale size and sqirts I took the big bike out for a very quick one this arvy, time for a go pro. Trying to keep my hat camera on and trying to see was fun lol. Sorry about the view lol.
Atomik MM250 KTM two stroke (0 min 56 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:45 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
What's a micro drive?

Alan,

As Chris said, the Microdrive chain is smaller and more efficient. It smooth out the drive train thus reducing the mechanical looses.

David
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:47 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Cool Alan, that'll give it some top end on the field. The micro drive is Allevens chain and sprockets. They are more scale size hence the name. Speaking of scale size and sqirts I took the big bike out for a very quick one this arvy, time for a go pro. Trying to keep my hat camera on and trying to see was fun lol. Sorry about the view lol.
http://youtu.be/IJ_n0lrSkjA
Nice short clip Chris. That must feel great!

David
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:25 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
Alan,

As Chris said, the Microdrive chain is smaller and more efficient. It smooth out the drive train thus reducing the mechanical looses.

David
Sweet, anyone know if its available in Australia? If not, can someone let me know where I can order it online pretty please???

@Chris (Aussie Chris) is that a KTM mate? I remember back in about 99' I had a Honda CR125 (I was only 65kg then) and my mate had a KTM 360 and I asked for a squirt on it. It felt like an un-tamed Bronco trying its best to buck me off! Every gear the thing was trying to put the front wheel through my face!!! I didn't ride that bike again after that, and my mate was slightly mental and watching him race against B grade riders on CR500's, he was always flogging them without a doubt, though always being asked and pushed towards racing formally he was never interested. He would have gone pro in a flash but didn't care for the racing, he just liked going hard and fast!!

I've also ridden a KTM superduke 1000 2009 model and man I love that bike, this year when I'm finally off my P's (I only got my license legally 2 years ago, before that I just ride without one very cautiously but didn't actually own a bike till I got my L's) the superduke is high on my list of bikes I'd like to get. At the moment I ride a VTR 250, it's small but fun and due to my bad back and knees, I struggle with bigger bikes so my first choice when off my P's is a Harley Davidson Custom 883c for its lower centre of gravity and upright riding position. Hers a vid with my GoPro of a small ride I recorded when living in Canberra 2 years ago.

Heres the vid, and another of my mate Paul and I on my little Suzuki LT80 that he edited up for a bit of a laugh at ourselves!!! I scored the bike from the previous owner of the house we bought last year as he just didnt have the room to take it with him where they had bought. It needed a couple of hours work and about $300 later it is good to go!

The quadcopter in the second video is mine, and was flown by me on the day.

VTR 250 ride:
Casual ride to work (8 min 25 sec)

And the pisstake video:
Blokes with Quads! (2 min 16 sec)
Last edited by Teamsherman; Jan 21, 2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:30 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Nice short clip Chris. That must feel great!

David
Got the blood pumping lol .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:31 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Sweet, anyone know if its available in Australia? If not, can someone let me know where I can order it online pretty please???
Not as far as I know Alan. Two wheeled hobbies sell them and you can find them on e bay.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:52 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,278 Posts
Micro drive

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Atomik-MM4...item4607cd6f5c
Gaz-b is online now Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:35 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:

@Chris (Aussie Chris) is that a KTM mate? I remember back in about 99' I had a Honda CR125 (I was only 65kg then) and my mate had a KTM 360 and I asked for a squirt on it. It felt like an un-tamed Bronco trying its best to buck me off! Every gear the thing was trying to put the front wheel through my face!!! I didn't ride that bike again after that, and my mate was slightly mental and watching him race against B grade riders on CR500's, he was always flogging them without a doubt, though always being asked and pushed towards racing formally he was never interested. He would have gone pro in a flash but didn't care for the racing, he just liked going hard and fast!!

I've also ridden a KTM superduke 1000 2009 model and man I love that bike, this year when I'm finally off my P's (I only got my license legally 2 years ago, before that I just ride without one very cautiously but didn't actually own a bike till I got my L's) the superduke is high on my list of bikes I'd like to get. At the moment I ride a VTR 250, it's small but fun and due to my bad back and knees, I struggle with bigger bikes so my first choice when off my P's is a Harley Davidson Custom 883c for its lower centre of gravity and upright riding position. Hers a vid with my GoPro of a small ride I recorded when living in Canberra 2 years ago.

Heres the vid, and another of my mate Paul and I on my little Suzuki LT80 that he edited up for a bit of a laugh at ourselves!!! I scored the bike from the previous owner of the house we bought last year as he just didnt have the room to take it with him where they had bought. It needed a couple of hours work and about $300 later it is good to go!

VTR 250 ride:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JDRp8yPVfo

And the pisstake video:
https://vimeo.com/50954071
Lol at the quad video. Yes Alan it's a KTM250SX. I'm old school and just love the sound smell and zing of the 2 stroke. This one has a FMF gnarly pipe which is advertised to give tractor like bottom end and mid range and works a treat. You don't have to rev it hard or clutch it much and it pulls very well. I have another one in bits that I was doing up and it had a Pro Circuit pipe and they couldn't be more different. I only weigh 70kg so it has plenty for me. Tell me about the knees mate I have one that only bends 45 degrees. I've made up another footpeg in front of the shifter I use when seated and shift with the back of my heel. When standing everything is normal. I raced up until mid 09 when I had an injury so bad I couldn't race again really .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:42 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
That's no good about the injury mate, I sold my CR125 after a crash had me nearly paralysed over a big tabletop. I was super lucky that day.

On a nicer note, I can't get my 13t pinion to run freely, I think it might be binding with the frame that is on each side of the motor shaft. Anyone else have that problem and did you just dremel it down to fit??
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:23 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
That's no good about the injury mate, I sold my CR125 after a crash had me nearly paralysed over a big tabletop. I was super lucky that day.

On a nicer note, I can't get my 13t pinion to run freely, I think it might be binding with the frame that is on each side of the motor shaft. Anyone else have that problem and did you just dremel it down to fit??
Yes mate just dremel a bit off each side of the motor plate for a bit of clearance it is probably the grub screw hitting.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:28 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
http://youtu.be/IJ_n0lrSkjA
mate, now that's a real bike gotta love the 2 stroke it is like music to the ears.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:46 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:

VTR 250 ride:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JDRp8yPVfo

And the pisstake video:
https://vimeo.com/50954071
Cool vids mate, i like your quadcopter you will definitely have to come for a bash & bring that & get some footage from the air