SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:39 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,774 Posts
He made all the decals, it is still the best vmx mm paint job i have seen to date
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:05 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,758 Posts
Ah thanks TJ. Yeah I did up the rider stickers same times as I did the bike body ones back then. That alone took about a month, but part was learning curve for software. That bike body is an almost full skin over a stock green vmx body, well except front fender is just crap paint on outside. I slapped some paint and clear coats and the sicker sheets I made. That was all because clear bodies were not out on release and I wanted something a bit different lol. Maybe I'll post a pic of body/rider before after I get this new version up.

Details will hopefully come out about the same for the 2013, but brighter colors and a true under the body paint job. Still doing stickers on top but not big sheets. 2011 didnt have real front brake or chain adjusters while 2013 has that stuff, so it will be like the faux replica vs a proper under body replica job. I just saw online that there are now blue paint pens where back in 2011 only silver and gold were available. Need yellow for tire side wall righting too, so I may get my blue hubs after all. Got to check local stores this week.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:34 PM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
I have posted some blogs about it at my website and on this site as well, just click my name and you'll see more. Here's my example, and unfortunately the only example Ive seen. If you heat treat it (I used heatgun) it seems to hold up and strech well. I added stickers over the paint so the monster energy, thor, and a-star stickers are glued on, but for the paint, here is my 2011 replica from 2 years ago. Only way the paint came off for me was when I was ripping off a sticker I had partially glued on with rubber cement and a small chunk of paint came off at that spot, but it never peeled any futher it was that strong. Just got to heat treat it or its worthless.
John:

I see this bike has the rear crash bar in a different location as compared to the MM450. Did you change it?

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:07 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,758 Posts
That might be some metal bar material I got from hardware store as it was a little bit thicker so I made it, but to answer question I just bent them down so when they hit the dirt the flex had some room before it bent the fender.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:00 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,624 Posts
Finally some rain overnight made the track prime today. Some more rain made it a little slippery in spots but great in others. Nothing flash just some of my fun.
Atomik MM450 slippery when wet? (3 min 57 sec)

Atomik MM450 moist track fun diff angle (1 min 10 sec)

Atomik MM450 more moist track fun (2 min 27 sec)

Atomik MM450 moist track fun (2 min 55 sec)
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:38 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Here some more of Vinnie & Deegan battling it out, Deegan won the takeouts trophy in this one
I did some jumps & on the last jump the shock shaft is pulled out of the plastic shock end & also cracks my lower chassis plate, i blame John because he called me out on the jumps in the background on the last vid so it's your fault John HA HA
Anyway i made a alloy shock end & polished it so it cannot pull out again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuc83XWjo5E
Hey TJ, your profile says Sydney, where abouts are you guys riding? I'd be keen to come and get a 3rd bike on that dirt!!!!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:41 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Finally some rain overnight made the track prime today. Some more rain made it a little slippery in spots but great in others. Nothing flash just some of my fun.
Nice vids mate!!

Is that your backyard or property mate? id love to have that bush surrounding my place!!!!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:05 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Hey TJ, your profile says Sydney, where abouts are you guys riding? I'd be keen to come and get a 3rd bike on that dirt!!!!
Hi mate, we are riding in a place called Whalan Reserve it is in the western suburbs of Sydney, you would be more than welcome to come ride with us more the merrier, but it might be a bit of trip for you to get here though, i think you are pretty far south of here.
Last edited by Throttlejunkie; Jan 15, 2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:06 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Nice vids mate!!

Is that your backyard or property mate? id love to have that bush surrounding my place!!!!
That's his back yard the lucky bugger.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:09 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,774 Posts
Quote:
http://youtu.be/MX_Xph2kLdA
http://youtu.be/Ta5-2SEk0_k
http://youtu.be/HR19n-PljAI
http://youtu.be/LX2LmxDC7Js
Cool mate, you look like you are enjoying a bit of a change from the dust, your silver rims look good.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:41 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
That might be some metal bar material I got from hardware store as it was a little bit thicker so I made it, but to answer question I just bent them down so when they hit the dirt the flex had some room before it bent the fender.
John, they look as they're made from nylon.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:48 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Hey Chris,

Do you use a head cam to record the videos?

David
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:51 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Guys,

I have a couple of questions about the hard case batteries. I've used mostly non cased Lipo batteries for 600 size helis.

Do you run the batteries down to cutoff, or stop at the 20% mark which is about 3.75V per cell?

Are the batteries with connectors fine for offroad use? I mean the ones that have their wires connected to the case by means of connectors.

I'm buying a 5000mAh battery. Is the Venom 5000 20C ok, or should I go with the 25C?

David
Last edited by davehour; Jan 15, 2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:51 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
Wow do they really still make cells under 40c.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:16 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
Wow do they really still make cells under 40c.
LOL, yes they do. Actually, I use Gens Ace 25C 6S 3300mAh batteries in my 12S T-rex 600EFL Pro heli. And if you read reviews, pilots can't tell the difference between them and the Thunder's and the other high priced packs.

Now, lets talk about real life ratings. It's hard for me to think of those 65C. 5000mAh batteries delivering 325A continuous; yeah right. Use it that way. Won't last a dime.

From my experience with Lipos, using more C's than actually needed is no good. You have a battery with more weight, and this weight will fight back your gain in punch and duration, if any.

The real key in Lipo longevity is to not over discharge it, not over charge it, and store it at the proper potential and temperature. Remember, there is a self degrading chemical reaction in Lipos, even when they are sitting. Storing them at the wrong temp and potential just advances the inevitable deterioration.

David