HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:00 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Here some more of Vinnie & Deegan battling it out, Deegan won the takeouts trophy in this one
I did some jumps & on the last jump the shock shaft is pulled out of the plastic shock end & also cracks my lower chassis plate, i blame John because he called me out on the jumps in the background on the last vid so it's your fault John HA HA
Anyway i made a alloy shock end & polished it so it cannot pull out again.

MM 450 Dirt Bikes, Racing, Jumping, & Crashing = Fun (9 min 54 sec)
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:25 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Here some more of Vinnie & Deegan battling it out, Deegan won the takeouts trophy in this one
I did some jumps & on the last jump the shock shaft is pulled out of the plastic shock end & also cracks my lower chassis plate, i blame John because he called me out on the jumps in the background on the last vid so it's your fault John HA HA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuc83XWjo5E
Just watched that again and lmao at Vinnies head banging to the music , he just smacks those bars on the jump landings lol.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:59 AM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Welcome VSG101!

Buy it. You won't regret. It's LOT of fun! You can find it at $350.00 in some stores.
ok. You guys have me interested.. Where can I get it shipped for $350? And what mods does it need right away?
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:07 AM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:

When I had my 1/5 bikes, I replaced the shock ends with metal ones and I found the holes became elongated soon. Let us know how it does in the MM450.
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:18 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:

Nice video, he, he.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:21 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
David that sounds fairly std to me, not too bad. I think its more bearing noise than vibration. The bearings can be noisy, I spray mine clean of the grease with solvent and lube with a adhesive chain and bearing spray called Tac 2. It's really tacky great lube and makes them quieter and last tonnes longer.
Thanks Chris. I'll work the bearing when I maintenance the bike.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:36 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Well that sucks TJ, sorry. The videos of that section looked awesome though, along with all the great clips of your buddy taking you out. You really took a couple for the team that time! I think your mate is more dangerous for your bike then lil ol me though lol. He looked very happy doing it too. On a bright note, you made your bike stronger so now you can hit even BIGGER jumps next time!! With video you can see where you went all junkie on your throttle so next time you can smooth it out.
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:45 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Quote:

You guys are having a riot!! How come those skinny little trees keep jumping out in front of the bikes?!?!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:15 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
ok. You guys have me interested.. Where can I get it shipped for $350? And what mods does it need right away?
No idea where to get one for $350, but the fork mods are the first I believe. Try here for a run down of the mods mentioned in this thread but the link posted goes direct to the fork set up. http://www.rcdirtbikeaction.com/date/2012/08/
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:42 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Look around at sites like 2wheelhobbies, Atomik's website, other online stores. Quick look, found it on Venom/Atomik's ebay store venomgroupusa. Its the ARR version so No rx, no tx, no charger, no battery. Not sure if atomik dropped price of the ARR on its website to match, but thats what I found seaching. So if you have all the cr@p to run 2s lipo rc's and a spare rx for your radio, your good to go. Otherwise, I think the RTR is about $400 everywhere you look.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:39 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
I'm only a joob (a joob is an Aussie Army term for noob, that stems back in time when junior officers would join a new battalion therefore earning the title "joob" meaning junior officer of the battalion but now it's used for newbies in general....little bit of Aussie history there for you all) to this thread but the first mod I did was a wheelie bar with a 1/8 Buggie swing arm and some aircraft landing gear pneumatic wheels, then changed the fork oil to 35w, changed the steering damper to 40w, changed the rear shock oil to some 80w just till I get my hands on the big bore shock which I'm hoping is on its way, upgraded the pinion to a 12t, added chain tensioners, alloy body blocks and finally some nylon side bars. Sounds like alot of work but honestly it took me bugger all time to do each one. I'm now waiting on a 13t pinion and I should be fully modded out then!!! Lol I'll think about a bigger motor down the road but for now the stock running a 12t is great and will be better once the 13 arrives.

There are a few pics about 4-5 pages back of my wheelie bar and the chain tensioners too.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:59 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
With video you can see where you went all junkie on your throttle so next time you can smooth it out. [/QUOTE]

That's funny, i like that one lol

Just kidding, i don't blame you mate, i have been wanting to start hitting some jumps i can hear them calling me every time i am down there, my mate is a lunatic i have to dodge him & try & do laps at the same time but i am amazed at the hit's the bikes take from each other on the track & nothing has broken on either bike, that's the plan to find the weak spots & make them stronger for jumping, see what happens with the alloy shock end but parts are cheap anyway so i am not worried about breaking it the outer chassis set was only $5.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Last edited by Throttlejunkie; Jan 14, 2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:59 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
....... I used a paint called Createx thats designed for airbrushing. I purchased bottles from chain craft store called Michaels. I didnt own an airbrush so I experimented anyways and brushed it on with a new set of brushes for 5$. Each layer requires heat in order to cure via heatgun! My older 2011 vmx replica I painted Vinnie and it held good. Doing it again on a Deegan rider for the 2013 replica.
John, do you have any pics of a rider painted with Createx? If cured properly does it flex? I have a Michaels near me......
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:52 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,780 Posts
I have posted some blogs about it at my website and on this site as well, just click my name and you'll see more. Here's my example, and unfortunately the only example Ive seen. If you heat treat it (I used heatgun) it seems to hold up and strech well. I added stickers over the paint so the monster energy, thor, and a-star stickers are glued on, but for the paint, here is my 2011 replica from 2 years ago. Only way the paint came off for me was when I was ripping off a sticker I had partially glued on with rubber cement and a small chunk of paint came off at that spot, but it never peeled any futher it was that strong. Just got to heat treat it or its worthless.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:16 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,290 Posts
Nice! did you make the Thor and Alpinestar stickers?
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe