HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 16, 2012, 07:13 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,307 Posts
Well the debate will rage on what is better and this or that. The truth is, my opinion, that the VMX was never the best it could have been as a mechanical gyro system but when tuned correctly for what it is and driven hard I saw no other bike that could match it. We tested them all and we drove the VMX as hard as you like on terrain only big RC trucks would attempt and it did it all very well. The proof is in the videos we posted...period the end. Nobody posted any videos or replies to my challenge for the sickest RC bike video for a non-VMX bike so enough said there as well.
It is not a bike to put around and Sunday drive, thats what it boils down to I guess...but is a real 450MX bike a Sunday cruiser anyway? LOL NO!

So fast forward to the MM450 it is everything you guys have posted, Jimmy and Litto, and more because even they have not fully tapped the bikes potential...yet. As Jimmy said the bike was box stock and in this form it is very soft and easy to drive for anyone to try it. From there your left to tune it as you see fit.

As soon as more bikes get out there and they are raced and further developed by you guys we will see the next phase of the natural evolution of the MM450. We did the hard part and provided a solid platform.

Lets all work together to make it the best bike in the world.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 07:41 PM
gravity tester
MRFASTPHIL's Avatar
LaPine,OR Quarztsite AZ
Joined Nov 2008
705 Posts
Fantastic!!!

....FANTASTIC, i think the new MM450 is everything and more than i was hoping!...i have been running an old Ricky bike for over ten years, so i can drive a bike, and from the first moment i took off with the new MM450, i realized it was everything i was trying to make my old Ricky into....the new bike stays up easily while running on my gravel driveway, it was able to corner wide or sharply very smoothly, and even on such a gravelly surface, almost every time i came out of the corners, i could see the front wheel come up a little, and several times the new MM450 pulled wheelies out of the hole!....this bike is so easy and fun to drive, and it is fast!....the owners manual shows how tunable it is, and it can take several sizes of lipos. It looks be be a very quality RC bike, and i am happy with it!
MRFASTPHIL is offline Find More Posts by MRFASTPHIL
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:16 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
IM JEALOUS!!!! I WANT MY E-GYRO!! LOL i guess i will just have to sit back and enjoy the show till they are available lol
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:36 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
IM JEALOUS!!!! I WANT MY E-GYRO!! LOL i guess i will just have to sit back and enjoy the show till they are available lol
The e-gryos are on the truck to 2 Wheel Hobbies as we speak. Should arrive later this week.

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:59 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb View Post
The e-gryos are on the truck to 2 Wheel Hobbies as we speak. Should arrive later this week.

Bruce
Good news!
tntpower1 is offline Find More Posts by tntpower1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:13 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
whats there price?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:17 AM
Registered User
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
mine has shipped yay
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:25 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Well the debate will rage on what is better and this or that. The truth is, my opinion, that the VMX was never the best it could have been as a mechanical gyro system but when tuned correctly for what it is and driven hard I saw no other bike that could match it. We tested them all and we drove the VMX as hard as you like on terrain only big RC trucks would attempt and it did it all very well. The proof is in the videos we posted...period the end. Nobody posted any videos or replies to my challenge for the sickest RC bike video for a non-VMX bike so enough said there as well.
It is not a bike to put around and Sunday drive, thats what it boils down to I guess...but is a real 450MX bike a Sunday cruiser anyway? LOL NO!

So fast forward to the MM450 it is everything you guys have posted, Jimmy and Litto, and more because even they have not fully tapped the bikes potential...yet. As Jimmy said the bike was box stock and in this form it is very soft and easy to drive for anyone to try it. From there your left to tune it as you see fit.

As soon as more bikes get out there and they are raced and further developed by you guys we will see the next phase of the natural evolution of the MM450. We did the hard part and provided a solid platform.

Lets all work together to make it the best bike in the world.
Here here well said Chris I think you have certainly made the best platform to develop the most awesome bike available period. Can't wait for mine have you tried a big bore shock in any of your bikes Chris?
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:30 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
I agree 100% I think this bike is by far the best Rc product on the market!!!

I have drove boats, cars, trucks, crawlers, nitro, gas, electric, flew helicopters, and even with the mechanical Gyro I still can't get enough of this bike, I can't wait to see how this bike performs with the new E-gyro
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:47 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
mine has shipped yay
Yay I get my forks soon and chris will the e-gyro be available to buy in the uk?
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 02:07 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,721 Posts
Hmmm...egyro upgrade is now saying out of stock.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:08 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,307 Posts
The set will be for sale everywhere the bike is as far as I know, so yes it should be.

The E-Gyro kit is undergoing its update now that the bike has had the plug update so we are a little bit behind. This way the newest specification is the first one you will see and use.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:10 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRFASTPHIL View Post
....FANTASTIC, i think the new MM450 is everything and more than i was hoping!...i have been running an old Ricky bike for over ten years, so i can drive a bike, and from the first moment i took off with the new MM450, i realized it was everything i was trying to make my old Ricky into....the new bike stays up easily while running on my gravel driveway, it was able to corner wide or sharply very smoothly, and even on such a gravelly surface, almost every time i came out of the corners, i could see the front wheel come up a little, and several times the new MM450 pulled wheelies out of the hole!....this bike is so easy and fun to drive, and it is fast!....the owners manual shows how tunable it is, and it can take several sizes of lipos. It looks be be a very quality RC bike, and i am happy with it!
Thats great to hear! Enjoy and post photos and vids if you can!
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:20 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Here here well said Chris I think you have certainly made the best platform to develop the most awesome bike available period. Can't wait for mine have you tried a big bore shock in any of your bikes Chris?
I have tried a variety of shocks and then we made an alloy emulsion option shock because its so durable. It has less chance of being damaged during heavy use because the cap and body are screwed together rather than having a bladder in between to blow out. Its different to tune but very strong built.

A true big bore like 15mm in diameter or similar would be cool to reduce internal pressures but you can over dampen the rear end and then the bike bounces too much. Better to have a real active fast response rear end than one with too much pack. If you work with the RTR rear shock you will see there is a lot to work with already there.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:47 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Akura2's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRFASTPHIL View Post
....FANTASTIC, i think the new MM450 is everything and more than i was hoping!...i have been running an old Ricky bike for over ten years, so i can drive a bike, and from the first moment i took off with the new MM450, i realized it was everything i was trying to make my old Ricky into....the new bike stays up easily while running on my gravel driveway, it was able to corner wide or sharply very smoothly, and even on such a gravelly surface, almost every time i came out of the corners, i could see the front wheel come up a little, and several times the new MM450 pulled wheelies out of the hole!....this bike is so easy and fun to drive, and it is fast!....the owners manual shows how tunable it is, and it can take several sizes of lipos. It looks be be a very quality RC bike, and i am happy with it!

I'm glad to hear such a glowing review from an actual consumer... I can't wait until these are in everyone's hands.... Even if you already own a different bike... VMX, ARX, DX... Whatever.... We need footage of these bikes running together no matter what the brand, so people can see that RC dirt bikes, an RC bikes in general, don't have to be the lonely step sister of RC and can be really cool...
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Nitro ARX with e-gyro conversion first test run Throttlejunkie Motorcycles 55 Aug 16, 2012 12:35 AM
Sold E-flite G210 mems Gyro rodneybarrett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jun 26, 2012 10:04 PM
Sold E-flite G110 gyros rodneybarrett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jun 24, 2012 05:29 PM
For Sale 3-channel Micro IR S107 Metal HoneyBee Helicopter No.ES0107 (with Gyro) mictopwin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 8 May 09, 2011 01:47 PM
Sold Gaui hurricane 550 with metal head, servos, gyro, esc, and batteries. - $350 shipped AllBread Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 6 Apr 19, 2009 09:23 PM