HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:31 AM
Joined Aug 2011
52 Posts
Discussion
Help With Turnigy Setting for Dji Naza GPS

some please help me with the setting for my turnigy 9x original firmware for Dji Naza GPS....???
( with pic or vid please )
including 3 position switch and failsafe setting ( with switch or turn off the transmitter )

tks
r2pardjo is offline Find More Posts by r2pardjo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:44 PM
Future is RTF!!
Pensacola, Florida
Joined Jan 2003
277 Posts
Bump!
PCola-Flyer is offline Find More Posts by PCola-Flyer
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:50 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
755 Posts
Original Turnigy 9X won't have failsafe.
I can check later my old radio (during the week as I don't have it now) and pass you some settings.
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Old Jul 18, 2012, 03:15 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2pardjo View Post
some please help me with the setting for my turnigy 9x original firmware for Dji Naza GPS....???
including 3 position switch and failsafe setting ( with switch or turn off the transmitter )

tks
You must buy frsky to have failsafe.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:09 AM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
755 Posts
Turnigy 9X setup for WKM or NAZA GPS at your own risk!

This setup will put NAV modes (GPS-ATTI-MAN) on 3 position switch and RTH on GEAR switch.

dnrate and uprate may vary from radio to radio but you can change them while conected to assitant software and see the changes to fine adjusts. Make sure you put the arrow exactly in the middle of active area of each nav mode when it turn blue because some Turnigy 9X sometimes can have small channel oscilations and nav modes on assitant software have a very narrow active band.

Here it goes:

Go to AUX CH activate Ch5 for GEAR

At progr. mix:

MIX1
State ACT
Master GYR
Slave FLP
Dnrate -097
sw NOR

MIX2
State ACT
Master GYR
Slave FLP
Dnrate -014
sw ID1

MIX3
State ACT
Master GYR
Slave FLP
Dnrate 069
sw ID2

MIX4
State ACT
Master GYR
Slave FLP
Uprate 053
sw ON

GPS will be on 3pos switch upper position, middle for ATTI and lower for MAN.

At the time I didn't make a setup for IOC modes, so no IOC with this setup.

If you decide to try this setting and get a perfect RTH when using the gear switch, please let me know.

Testing RTH on WKM with this settings I had a fly away worth U$3000 of multirotor/camera/FPV gear. DJI and their puppets never asked to see my setup but they quickly blamed me and my Turnigy 9X for the flyaway (desperate attempt to avoid sales impact ?). Even I ended up believing it was me or my radio fault for a few weeks, but they never answered any of my technical question to help me understand what went wrong with my settings or radio, that had been working flawlessly for almost 2 years in other RC models. Then, 2 months later the South Hemisphere WKM GPS problem surfaced on RCGROUPS. But DJI still insisted I didn't know how to setup my radio disregarding that Brazil is actually at the South Hemisphere and there were several reported cases of RTH problems with DJI products here, including other flyaways even with Futaba and other big brand radios here.

I can not no guarantee 100% the RTH will work as I didn't have the chance to test them again after that, but I'm 99% sure settings are correct and flyaway was only due to WKM GPSv1 SH bug.
During normal flight I never had any problems, except on forced RTH, that also happened when low voltage RTH kicked in, once more pointing to GPS problems.

Make sure you fine adjust mixing values per your radio (if necessary) and test all settings and switches with DJI assitant software before flying.

And remember that if you are using the original Turnigy 9X receiver (9X8CV2) it doesn't have fail safe to start a RTH procedure in case you losse radio range, you will only have forced RTH on gear switch while in radio range. For radio range loss RTH you will need FR-SKY module and receiver.
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Last edited by Velociraptor73; Aug 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined Jun 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2pardjo View Post

tks

I turned to google translate do not know English.

9CH Turnigy 9x 3-position control switch setting, and the Naza + GPS

The first time I changed the pot, three-position switch. but over time researching investigating the Controller Firmware update, Pot - switch replacement, three-position switch on the remote control Channel Mixing without GPS, Atti, manual modes, I found the assignment and share.

Naza + GPS Control modes (Manual Mode, Mode and GPS Atti Mode.) Kumandamızın use 3-position switch.

Turnigy 9x 3-position switch that controls directly or assigned to a channel.

The physical cable connections:

RX Naza
CH1 -> A
CH2 -> E
CH3 -> T
CH4 -> R
CH5 idle
CH6 -> U
CH7 -> X1
CH8 -> X2

After making the cable connections going to the system settings kumandamızın

SEAT MODE: up to you
MOD NAME: up to you
SEAT TYPE: Heli - HELİ1
MODEUAT: PPM
STICK SET: MODE 2

After setting the FUNC SETTING dokunmuyoruz others write only to set them up.
REVERSE: THR and PIT REV, Others NOR

The most important point
PIT / CV, three-position switch settings, ie, GPS, A, M settings are doing here.

PIT / CV: Three key N in the normal position when the GPS
L 005.5%
1 005.5%
2 005.5%
3 005.5%
H 005.5%

We took a triple in normal position switch 1
L 045.5%
1 045.5%
2 045.5%
3 045.5%
H 045.5%

Triple switch 2 in position MANUAL normal
L 085.5%
1 085.5%
2 085.5%
3 085.5%
H 085.5%

As upfront (by the Naza suspends assistant, you will fine-tune their own.)

AUX-CH Setting:
CH5 HOV PIT
CH6 NULL
CH7 PIT TRIM
CH8 HOV THRO
CH9 NULL

That's it.
raayd is offline Find More Posts by raayd
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:53 PM
Joined Mar 2012
4 Posts
Dear Velociraptor73, I came accross this great post and advice you gave... "And remember that if you are using the original Turnigy 9X receiver (9X8CV2) it doesn't have fail safe to start a RTH procedure in case you losse radio range, you will only have forced RTH on gear switch while in radio range. For radio range loss RTH you will need FR-SKY module and receiver"

I have DJI f450 with Turnigy 9x with ER9X and have a 3 switch with Manual, Atti & GPS which works great I also have a failsafe for RTH which works... however I am frightened about loosing range and would like to try and make the quad RTH upon loss of signal how do I do this?
garybrown28 is offline Find More Posts by garybrown28
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:21 AM
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Aug 2012
235 Posts
Quote:
I also have a failsafe for RTH which works
Not sure if I understand correctly - you have it set but you're afraid it won't work when you loose radio signal?
Or you have the stock 9x receiver with the TX switch set to RTH? Failsafe (at least RTH on radio signal loss) won't work with it.

To make sure what happens, just turn everything on while connected to NAZA assistant and then turn off the transmitter. If the mode in the assistant jumps to failsafe - it works and will work when you loose the signal.

I'm using FRSKY TX/RX combo with telemetry and checked failsafe/rth in on the ground and in flight. Works great - definitely worth the extra $.
jamac is online now Find More Posts by jamac
Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:04 AM
United States, CA, Escondido
Joined Mar 2013
219 Posts
Hello,

I'm wondering what is the purpose of the "FailSafe" option in the stock Turnigy 9x firmware if it doesn't work on loss of signal? I have a new 9x with the latest firmware. Was this something that was added or does FailSafe mean something else?

It allows you to set values for any of the channels in failsafe mode. Following the instructions above, I set failsafe for flaps to 73%, same as having Gear in "on". Unfortunately turning off the tx didn't activate it, unless there is something else I need to do.

I have FrSky for another quad and have ordered a second receiver but was still curious what the FailSafe was in the 9x menu.
gspence is offline Find More Posts by gspence
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 13, 2013, 01:39 AM
Joined Mar 2012
4 Posts
Failsafe

Gspence... It's not the radio that works the loss of signal return to home procedure that is left to the reciever....you can get your transmitter to do everything you need but make sure you invest in a reciever which is able to offer a bind to known settings. Then in software set to GPS, throttle at 48%, and failsafe switch on then remind reciever with those last settings.. You will need to read manual for your reciever to do this. I upgraded from your setup to aurora 9 and optima 9 receiver to have the peice of mind of the loss of signal capability.. Good luck and most of fall come back safely.
garybrown28 is offline Find More Posts by garybrown28