HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:54 PM
Riverside, California, United States
Joined Feb 2004
1,520 Posts
We made it through practice session and model check in phase.......quite the experience.....

World Cup (German Open) starts tomorrow....rumor has it that we will be flying the
"Turbulator".......

I have taken some photos, not as many as I would have liked.....I don't have a way to post the images to rcgroups.....no laptop just an ipad ! Very rainy over here....cold and wet......oh yeah......we stopped to get gas and it was blowing 50 !

More to come.....

B
Brandon is offline Find More Posts by Brandon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:14 PM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
We made it through practice session and model check in phase.......quite the experience.....

World Cup (German Open) starts tomorrow....rumor has it that we will be flying the
"Turbulator".......

I have taken some photos, not as many as I would have liked.....I don't have a way to post the images to rcgroups.....no laptop just an ipad ! Very rainy over here....cold and wet......oh yeah......we stopped to get gas and it was blowing 50 !

More to come.....

B
Brandon,
Download the WordPress Ap to your Ipad,
I can show you how to upload to the Teamusaf3f.com website.
Gordon
aussief3b is offline Find More Posts by aussief3b
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:27 PM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,463 Posts
B, send you a PM about the Tapatalk app.
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:37 PM
Acacia II Lunar Lander
United States, CA, LADERA RANCH
Joined Feb 2011
640 Posts
+1 on the Tapatalk... Upload lots of photos!
RCRod is offline Find More Posts by RCRod
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:58 AM
Joined Feb 2004
1,520 Posts
Guys,
Thanks for the input.....my problem is the photos are on my DSLR and I have no way to get them onto the iPad to upload......any suggestions?

We just returned from the Turbulator......we arrived to rain....lots of rain.....set up tarps to keep things dry........they finally called a break and said to return at 3pm......we are back at the hotel drying things out.....hopefully we get some rounds in today.....will keep u guys posted as much as I can...

B
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:28 AM
TD- F3K- Slope - What to fly?
Cupertino CA
Joined Aug 2005
1,513 Posts
Quote:
Guys,
Thanks for the input.....my problem is the photos are on my DSLR and I have no way to get them onto the iPad to upload......any suggestions?

B
How about just a couple photos shot using the iPad Camera?
Can't wait to see something!!
Dale Thompson is online now Find More Posts by Dale Thompson
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:01 AM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Jun 2010
1,807 Posts
Quote:
Guys,

We just returned from the Turbulator......we arrived to rain....lots of rain.....set up tarps to keep things dry........they finally called a break and said to return at 3pm......we are back at the hotel drying things out.....hopefully we get some rounds in today.....will keep u guys posted as much as I can...

B
Apple makes a Camera Connection Kit. Goes into dock port, one is for USB cable to camera and other for SD card direct. iPhone plugs in via the USB dongle as well. All load into the photo app.

Off chance someone might have one there, worth asking around?

Good luck!
David Olson is online now Find More Posts by David Olson
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Feb 2004
1,520 Posts
Guys,

Update from today......this morning we were rained on and no flying.....pretty much drenched.....we were able to dry out a bit in the rooms for about 3 hours. We arrived back at the Turbulator at 3pm to cloudy skies and the threat of more rain. Round 1 began and we were able to be through about 20 or so guys and then it started to rain and hail again out of nowhere.....back under the tarps, but too little too late as everything was soaked. After about 20 minutes we started flying again. Kyler was first to fly out of our group and on a sour note ended up on the beach shortly after launch. Several pilots also ended up on the rocks with damage to airframes. For those of you that have not seen the Turbulator, it's about 12 feet high and no lift 8-10 feet off the lip! Kyler was lucky and escaped with minimal and minor damage. I was next in the group and I have to say that flying in front of a huge crowd is a little unnerving to say the least kle threw me out and I headed for the right and did a few small pumps to gain energy for the start. I headed off course with decent energy and started my run. I had a couple small little errors and no cuts and all in all a decent run. Warren was next to go, I threw him out and he proceeded to fly what he calls about an 8 out of 10 run with a good time. Last out was Kyle and he had a good run in semi crossing conditions. He really didn't leave too much of anything on the course. It was getting dark and the CD called it after we completed all 73 pilots for round one.

All in all a very long day in what we call miserable conditions......lots of rain with some hail mixed in and most of our time spent going back and forth under the tarps and to the hotel for a weather break.

More later....

B
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Feb 2004
1,520 Posts
I am working on a cable to get u guys some photos......

B
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:42 PM
clovis, ca
Joined Feb 2004
72 Posts
Rugen weather

Guys,

Rugen is the only place I've ever worn long pants by choice. Lots of wind with a little rain can be miserable. The payoff is that it ALWAYS blows there.

It's a marathon, stay strong.

Go Team USA, and say hello to everyone for me.

Tim
Tim Cone is offline Find More Posts by Tim Cone
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Feb 2004
1,520 Posts
I'm gonna borrow a cable tomorrow to upload photos........stay tuned!

B
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:05 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
3,054 Posts
I am tuned dry and warm lol here in SoCal I hope weather is dry tomorrow. Ian
bluffman is online now Find More Posts by bluffman
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:51 PM
slope'n the Colombian Andes
Colombia, Antioquia, Girardota
Joined Mar 2001
4,695 Posts
The rain band has been moving south overnight in Germany (it's almost 2AM there now). It's forecast to be dryer from now on with very strong wind initially. What's the FAI's upper limit for wind speed?

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
ShredAir is offline Find More Posts by ShredAir
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:29 PM
Southern California
Joined Sep 2003
6,905 Posts
Good luck guys!!! I hope the weather cleans up for you and you have a great time!! GO USA!!
timmig is offline Find More Posts by timmig
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:50 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,527 Posts
Is there an official website posting scores?
djklein21 is online now Find More Posts by djklein21