HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:31 AM
F3B and F3K
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2009
1,538 Posts
@George:
I landed out in first AULD, but looked like I could get the plane for next flight. Felt into a trench and had troubles getting out, thereby missing my next slot. Throw out is throw out.
Maybe I used up all my luck in Poker, was scratching the threes for half of the time. Oleg's plane went into the threes, so it was a really rough round ( never saw that happen to Oleg).

Yes, I can echo that it is a great contest, good food, nice folks, good weather. Today it weather is supposed to be bad, so it might shake things up. Some great flying could be seen, Oleg making some miracle saves, an entire group fighting in tight space for three lift, Mike scratching some weak lift with his Polaris at slowest speed, etc. Surely tight at the top.

This is my first contest in the US where I showed up without a Steig. I am missing a bit its legs once in a while...

Reto
RetoF3X is offline Find More Posts by RetoF3X
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RetoF3X; Oct 07, 2012 at 05:36 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:25 AM
Joined May 2010
389 Posts
As an viewer from the sidelines Saturday was a great day of flying for all. A by stander asked me on Saturday how much money in DLGS were in the air at one time so if you take the average of 800-1000 just for the DLGS there was over 12000.00 in the air at any one time. LOL If you looked at the group photo well over 30000.00 in DLGS here. Man and his toys, as my father once said the one who dies with the most toys wins.

With this said I would like to thank all of the DLG guys for making the trip to Wilson NC and the DESS field for a great weekend of flying. Great food for lunch and dinner turned out to be great as well. I ran out of Ribs fast and the Brats and wings made a mad dash out of the pans as well. Next year I will increase the Ribs so make sure if you did not make it this years please come on out for this event for the 2013 DESS event.
Thanks to all
Larry P Walls
WallsRoofing71 is offline Find More Posts by WallsRoofing71
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:30 AM
Kyle Clayton
United States, VA, Dinwiddie
Joined Feb 2008
2,315 Posts
Complete 180 in conditions today. Cloudy, calm, and cold, 58F right now. The lift however is actually pretty good at times. First task for today was 3x200's, and Frank D. was the first to max it dropping a mere 12 seconds, unreal in these conditions. Seid of Mike said it must be the Angry Birds beanie he was wearing today.
Wave Glider is offline Find More Posts by Wave Glider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:09 AM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetoF3X View Post
@George:
I landed out in first AULD, but looked like I could get the plane for next flight. Felt into a trench and had troubles getting out, thereby missing my next slot. Throw out is throw out.
Maybe I used up all my luck in Poker, was scratching the threes for half of the time. Oleg's plane went into the threes, so it was a really rough round ( never saw that happen to Oleg).

Yes, I can echo that it is a great contest, good food, nice folks, good weather. Today it weather is supposed to be bad, so it might shake things up. Some great flying could be seen, Oleg making some miracle saves, an entire group fighting in tight space for three lift, Mike scratching some weak lift with his Polaris at slowest speed, etc. Surely tight at the top.

This is my first contest in the US where I showed up without a Steig. I am missing a bit its legs once in a while...

Reto
Well keep up the great flying Reto and all the rest of the pilots. Frank how cool you have your little ones cheers to all
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:19 AM
Kyle Clayton
Joined Feb 2008
2,315 Posts
Clouds got really dark really fast, heavy rain and t-storms moving in at 45mph from the west. We may be on pause in the next 30 minutes. Frank D. is still killing it in the crap air, he got a 4 and 3:01 in last 2. Hat theory is confirmed.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:20 AM
yes my thermal gogles are on
Ocala,Fla
Joined Jan 2009
335 Posts
i laughed at the picture with my dads fed ex truck in the back ground
Roy!! is offline Find More Posts by Roy!!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:29 AM
Kyle Clayton
Joined Feb 2008
2,315 Posts
A ha! We all got excited when he arrived, we thought it was a delivery truck full of toy airplanes.... We lucked out, the rain broke up before it hit us and we got a 1 minute sprinkle. The sun is starting to break through here and there, but still windy and mostly heavy cloud cover and finicky thermals that put you down wind in a hurry.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:35 PM
Kyle Clayton
Joined Feb 2008
2,315 Posts
Final scores, Big Daddy Dumas takes the cake! Some mild rioting has taken hold on the field, a group of well flying pilots who had no team affiliation decided to form a team in the very last round and ended up taking the team trophy. Carolina Crushers are not happy, they had no team name so Bruce named them "Team Bull S**t". Fly offs starting shortly.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:46 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,608 Posts
Thanks for posting the scores good luck in the fly offs
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:15 PM
Kyle Clayton
Joined Feb 2008
2,315 Posts
Fly offs are done. Weather was tough, cloudy and breezy. Oleg took it, Seid was a close 2nd. Phil went big in poker, and landed 2 minutes short. Heartbreak of the day was Frank D. He had a strong showing in the first round of fly-offs but had to leave due an asthma issue that he had been fighting with all day. Frank, please confirm you made it home safely.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:05 PM
what's the motor for?
United States, NC, Durham
Joined Dec 2005
151 Posts
Congrats to Oleg, Mike, Jeff, and all the flyoff pilots.

Didnt know i got the G in AULD! Hated to leave but I couldn't take anymore.
Asthma is a beast, every step and every breath was work.
At doctors now getting steroid treatments, should be fine soon.

Will post more about contest later. Had a Great time as always!

fd3
Falco peregrinus is offline Find More Posts by Falco peregrinus
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:09 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,314 Posts
Congratulations Oleg, Mike and Jeff! Congratulations to Frank for flying so well all weekend! Sorry you had to withdraw Frank... I hope you feel better soon. Sounds like it was awesome there as usual!

Charlie
cptsnoopy is offline Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:14 PM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Aug 2012
17 Posts
FEDEX had fun good food and look forward to next time thanks everyone
autoking is offline Find More Posts by autoking
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:21 PM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Aug 2012
17 Posts