HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:24 PM
Wilson, NC
Joined Jun 2006
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High View Post
Did anyone do it?

What were thescores and pairings from the pro-am?
I believe Jim C. won with 3.5'. I am holding $140 to go to the Team from this activity.

Kyle has all the scores. 13 teams flew 4 rounds and had a good time. Kyles explaination of the different events and strategy before we flew provided a wealth of info to everyone.

Dick
DProseus is online now Find More Posts by DProseus
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:16 PM
Jim C
Joined Sep 2009
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DProseus View Post
I believe Jim C. won with 3.5'. I am holding $140 to go to the Team from this activity.

Kyle has all the scores. 13 teams flew 4 rounds and had a good time. Kyles explaination of the different events and strategy before we flew provided a wealth of info to everyone.

Dick
3.5 feet!?!?!?!?!

17 INCHES!!!!! was the winning mark. I gotta take the wins I can get
ShadowFalken is offline Find More Posts by ShadowFalken
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:08 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,277 Posts
Kyle ran a great Pro-Am event and gave a very educational seminar on task strategies. Thanks for doing it, Kyle!
We flew 4 rounds in 2 groups. The weather was nice but tricky at times. Almost no wind, very light drifts. The lift was there, but rarely strong enough to sky out. I did not take any pictures, maybe somebody did. Lets see them then!
Kyle printed out the results at the field, but I did not grab the file from him, maybe he will post the results later today...
The noodle contest was fun, and I missed it again unfortunately. I was fiddling with the Big Clock, trying to get it going. It finally worked, but it seems to be temperamental and I am concerned about getting it going again for real tomorrow we'll see. Adam, and Bruce, thanks for designing, building, and providing the Big Clock!
Tomorrow bright and early on the field. We will try to post scores during the day.

oops, I forgot that I actually did take a couple pics during the seminar...

--
olgol is online now Find More Posts by olgol
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by olgol; Oct 05, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:16 PM
F3B and F3K
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2009
1,582 Posts
Driving through the night sucks, but at least traffic is a bit sane. See you tomorrow at the briefing!
Reto
RetoF3X is offline Find More Posts by RetoF3X
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:36 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,649 Posts
Good fun and luck to you all cheers
rcgeorge is online now Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:19 PM
Kyle Clayton
United States, VA, Dinwiddie
Joined Feb 2008
2,392 Posts
Big air today with some good wind, lots of big lift, big sink, mid-airs, and OB landings. All in contest fun
Wave Glider is offline Find More Posts by Wave Glider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:46 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,649 Posts
Jun, Mike, George and Charlie are all going to donate one of our DLG’s after the 2013 World DLG competition is over to help get the raffle sales rolling. Jun is pretty sure he will be donating a Stoble-V3. Mike is offering whichever Concept X2 or X3 has the least wear and tear in his collection. George and I will both be donating a Concept also. I am not sure if George will be donating an X2 or an X3 but I do know that I will be donating an X2. It is important to point out that all of these DLG’s will be used and they may or may not be in “like new” condition. All of these will have made the trip to Denmark and back and will all (with the possible exception of mine which actually made the trip to Sweden in 2011) very likely have been flown in the competition. The radio's will not be included (the exception here is that Mike will include the Spektrum receiver if the winner is planning to use a Spektrum radio) Mike will also give the model program to the winner of his Concept if the winner is using a Spektrum/JR radio.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support!
www.teamusaf3k.com
Last edited by rcgeorge; Oct 06, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:58 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,649 Posts
Looks like tight race how the weather?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:35 PM
Kyle Clayton
United States, VA, Dinwiddie
Joined Feb 2008
2,392 Posts
Beautiful wx today and tight competition at the top. Lots of maxes in the big lift. The afternoon turned delightfully calm with just enough lift to make a 5 min. on last flight and the 2 min in ladder at the end. Call is for chilly and rain tomorrow, should surely stir up the standings.
Wave Glider is offline Find More Posts by Wave Glider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:48 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,071 Posts
Cool shirt Kyle
Pro-am sounds awesome, I need to go pick up some skills from you guys.

Reto, 1st place after driving through the night? Damn.... Good job James, keep up up tomorrow!
Hope the weather holds up for you guys, last big contest of the year!
ThomasLee is offline Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:38 PM
F3B and F3K
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2009
1,582 Posts
Hi Thomas

It is a great contest, we had some wind and drama, many heros and zeros in Poker. I made my 9:58 with a lot of sweat.

I am getting used to getting overnight to contests, had to do the same at the Bruce and IHLGF.

Reto
RetoF3X is offline Find More Posts by RetoF3X
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:06 PM
Who needs a pilot??
Alexandria, VA
Joined Jul 2002
1,161 Posts
Today was absolutely wonderful. The weather was spot-on gorgeous with just enough wind in the middle of the day to shake things up. The DESS guys put on such a classy contest too. The timing & scoring systems are always spot-on, but the food is the real draw. Good North Carolina BBQ for lunch and grilled brats and ribs for dinner. Just awesome. And the field grass is superb and all the grass plug work has filled in nicely to make a grassy field that would make your neighbor jealous. Thanks old friends!

Toughest round I had today was poker. Called a pair of 1:30's to get warmed up and feel out the air, pointing to nicer conditions brewing. Called a bold 3 minutes (for me) to get back on track for two 2's on the back-end of the task. Pulled off the 3 minutes with relative ease, except the wind started really picking up and it was getting tough to return to the field. Spent 3 more minutes trying to get back only to land 80ft short. Ack.

Super fun flying conditions. There may not be much separation at the top of the chart, but this makes for such a fun contest to have the ability to pull off an occasional 1000 point round.

Looking forward to tomorrow with fingers crossed for the terrible weather to stay away!
Dan
danstrider is offline Find More Posts by danstrider
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:16 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,649 Posts
Scores still look tight Reto what happened in all up?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:57 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Joined Aug 2005
1,259 Posts
Today was a great day. Started out calm, then turned outright brutal in rounds 4 and 5 with strong wind and no lift that I could find. Scored a 267 in poker and a 630 in last 3 x 3 min. The following round also had challenging wind and turbulence, but suddently the lift had reappeared. I had a great round, only loosing turn around time. After 9 rounds I could throw away 4 and 5, and my current placement is the best ever. Awesome Tomorrow looks brutal with 10-15 mph wind and possible showers.
jfrickmann is offline Find More Posts by jfrickmann