HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:47 PM
G_T
Joined Apr 2009
5,884 Posts
I do think that is one of the most fun fields to fly. Each wind direction generates different challanges. It takes some pretty good flying to come out on top.

Gerald
G_T is offline Find More Posts by G_T
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:47 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,446 Posts
Thanks, George. Take care of your hand. Hope you start flying again soon!
olgol is offline Find More Posts by olgol
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DLG assembly service
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:15 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,508 Posts
Like George stated, I too really wish I could have made it this year. You are a great bunch of guys to fly with and you have a beautiful field with real grass!
My foot has been in pain since the team select and the doc is calling it arthritis. I'm hoping I will be ok to throw by BSOAZ.

Best of luck to everyone!

Charlie
cptsnoopy is offline Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:49 PM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Dec 2005
2,910 Posts
The work travel schedule has been very cruel to me this year. I kept hoping I could get free to come fly with all my buds, but it ain't gonna happen this year.
Safe travels to all,
Dave
David Forbes is online now Find More Posts by David Forbes
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:28 PM
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,514 Posts
Dave I know the feeling. I was hoping to stop by Friday for the Pro-Am but work demands otherwise. Sunday is looking like a mad rush home with no stopping in Wilson to watch the fly-off's

Good luck everyone,
Sam
samc99us is offline Find More Posts by samc99us
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:50 AM
99 problems but DLG ain't 1
United States, NC, Southern Pines
Joined Aug 2011
512 Posts
Team Whiskey Tango Foxtrot has fallen apart... who would have thunk? T-bird911 has had to bail on the contest and my Dad is having some back issues.
If there's any team looking for an anchor (in the sense that I'll drag you to the bottom), I'll be glad to fill out the ranks.

Jason
Scrib is online now Find More Posts by Scrib
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:03 AM
I added lift to my stable!
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrib View Post
Team Whiskey Tango Foxtrot has fallen apart... who would have thunk? T-bird911 has had to bail on the contest and my Dad is having some back issues.
If there's any team looking for an anchor (in the sense that I'll drag you to the bottom), I'll be glad to fill out the ranks.

Jason
I really can vouch for Scribs . . . . when only the worst will do, anything else is just uncivilized

He's right . . .work and last minute family obligations are keeping me out of the show this year.

I sure will miss it!

Tbird
tbird911 is offline Find More Posts by tbird911
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:07 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,119 Posts
Boy, it sounds like I am in like company. I too was hoping to go this year but my surgery requires a bit more time to heal. I am finally cleared last friday to full activity but with the restriction of limited duration. I can still notice the incision from time to time and it reminds me that I am pushing a bit too far. A doctor friend of mine keeps reminding me that if I push too much, I could end up needing further work under the knife. A small sacrifice this year might get me back flying well next year.

Unfortunately, missing this contest is no small sacrifice.......

Best of luck to everyone and have a great time!!!!

Sincerel,y
Frank N.
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:07 AM
99 problems but DLG ain't 1
United States, NC, Southern Pines
Joined Aug 2011
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird911 View Post
I really can vouch for Scribs . . . . when only the worst will do, anything else is just uncivilized

He's right . . .work and last minute family obligations are keeping me out of the show this year.

I sure will miss it!

Tbird
You know I'll really miss that pimp style back-hand launch technique that you bring to the table.

Chances of a flying radio sighting at the contest just decreased dramatically...

J
Scrib is online now Find More Posts by Scrib
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:53 PM
F3B and F3K
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2009
1,638 Posts
Hi Guys

I will arrive with the dawn patrol on Saturday morning.

Can someone give me a ride to a hotel on Saturday evening and a ride to the field on Sunday morning? Will have no car then...

Which hotel are most staying in?

Thanks,
Reto
RetoF3X is online now Find More Posts by RetoF3X
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: US F3B Teamselects
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:03 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,446 Posts
I would have really appreciated a personal e-mail from those who are not coming.

If you just found out that you cannot come, PLEASE send me an e-mail ASAP. I have not sent out the matrix yet and have not printed the cards. But I was just about to do it. I am glad I checked RCG first.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:10 PM
Hey was that a Thermal ????
Joined Nov 2009
2,448 Posts
Oleg, I am not sure if Ken Lija has sent you any info but he and I will be arriving on Friday. I just spoke with him and his finishing up some stuff so may not have had a chance to get in touch with you.

Scrib, Ken and I could use an anchor to get even deeper into the abyss.

Ken and I are planning to camp but if someone found a good deal on a hotel a bed does sound better than the ground.

Paul
The_Builder is offline Find More Posts by The_Builder
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:16 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,446 Posts
Paul, unless I accidentally deleted a row, and I don't think I did?.. Ken Lija is not on the list. Can you ask him to e-mail me NOW if he thought he was registered for the main event.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:25 PM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,147 Posts
What hotel pimp daddy? I got room for you, just haven't booked a hotel yet.
M Seid is offline Find More Posts by M Seid
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:20 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,119 Posts
Oleg,

never signed up anticipating this outcome. I was hopeful but I waited until I knew I could or not. No need to do anything with me. Never in the roster.

Frank N.
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High