HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:54 PM
Kyle Clayton
United States, VA, Dinwiddie
Joined Feb 2008
2,425 Posts
Pro-Am is up to 17! Sweet! We could still use a few more experts though, 3 would be perfect
Wave Glider is offline Find More Posts by Wave Glider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:34 AM
Hey was that a Thermal ????
Joined Nov 2009
2,448 Posts
If anyone is coming through Greensboro and would like a traveling buddy for the last 3 hrs let me know. Due to HS band stuff it would be easier on my family if I left the van home.

Paul
The_Builder is offline Find More Posts by The_Builder
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:00 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,375 Posts
Yes, thanks for your Pro-Am registrations! We need a few more experts to make it even. I do plan to show up myself on Friday, but they just scheduled a meeting at work for Friday morning which may continue until midday. So I may be a bit late...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1RuU055NDhEOXc

We are also up to 49 pilots in the main event!!! Need one more pilot to make a good round number.
http://olgol.com/ECHLGF

Shameless plug for myself too. I will have 1 or 2 models for sale. One may be spoken for already, we'll see. I am sure there will be more models for sale at the event. If you are looking to purchase a model, ask me or just in general ask around, there may be good deals available.
olgol is online now Find More Posts by olgol
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DLG assembly service
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:41 PM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,071 Posts
Landed in Charlotte this evening. Excited to be in NC. I scared the TSA by carrying on my SD 10g. I had in it my brief case and when I pulled out my laptop she says, that looks like an unusual electronic device. I looked at her, and then sent my daughter through the x ray machines with her arms above her head in the classic "stick em up style". Guess who got a "random" screening.......me.

So the whole family is sitting there with a stroller, 2 diaper bags and all our carryon crap, with my wife holding our 3 month old while the DMV representative tested me for explosives. Ahh the fun...

UPS handled my models with lots of care, and everything is ready to go, and im a week early. Cant wait to crush it in carolina. But first , a burger from Ashtyns, brownies a la mode for breakfast (request from a 6 year old), pinehurst no. 2 this weekend, and the Ryder Cup, from the Ryder Cup room in the Carolina.....

Maybe a little AULD with Scribner in Souther Pines??? Jason?
M Seid is online now Find More Posts by M Seid
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:58 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,375 Posts
Mike, glad to hear that you arrived in good order. And even maximized your enjoyment of the TSA screening. Good fun. Now enjoy our nice autumn weather and play some golf.

I finally posted the tasks on the web-site: http://olgol.com/ECHLGF/tasks.html
Very few changes from the last year's list (http://olgol.com/ECHLGF-2011/tasks.html).

If anybody has a cell phone that can work as a hot spot, we would really appreciate your help. We can then upload the scores to RCG and maybe also to the live F3K server from the field. And we also need it for ESL scores upload & calculation at the end of the preliminary rounds.
olgol is online now Find More Posts by olgol
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DLG assembly service
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:28 AM
99 problems but DLG ain't 1
United States, NC, Southern Pines
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
I'm in for some AULD. Conditions the past few days have been so good that it might take a while

If you know where the harness tracks are in Pinehurst, that's been a good place to fly. http://goo.gl/maps/QVjn2

If you work your way back to the larger track (sand roads), it is often unused.

Jason
Scrib is offline Find More Posts by Scrib
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:01 AM
Kyle Clayton
Joined Feb 2008
2,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol View Post
If anybody has a cell phone that can work as a hot spot, we would really appreciate your help. We can then upload the scores to RCG and maybe also to the live F3K server from the field. And we also need it for ESL scores upload & calculation at the end of the preliminary rounds.
I think I can handle that. I tether my phone to my computer and I have anywhere internet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:43 AM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined May 2010
390 Posts
Just so the ones that are camping will know I will have my grills sit up on Friday. I will be cooking dinner for me so if anyone has something they would like to cook please bring it. If you are at the Pro-Am bring something and I will cook it for you. The grill will be fired up around 4 you should be able to eat by 5:30 on Friday.
WallsRoofing71 is online now Find More Posts by WallsRoofing71
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:05 AM
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Feb 2007
723 Posts
Possibilty of 20 for the Pro-Am. Come on experts where is the love? We need 3 to make it even. Get warmed up for the main event and set the hook in some sportsman to keep our little addiction growing.

Just perusing the pilot roster and missing some noteable east coast names. Gerald? Tom? Brian P.? Just a week left lets get this over 50!
austinhlg is online now Find More Posts by austinhlg
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:08 AM
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,450 Posts
Won't know my schedule till next week for the Pro-Am, trying to make it but work is crazy.
samc99us is offline Find More Posts by samc99us
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:18 AM
Jeff Carr
Ft. Mill SC / Charlotte NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,701 Posts
Well guys I'm out for this year. I found out yesterday that 2guys are on vacation and a trip to Chattanooga came up that leaves fri. It's a real bummer as I'll be sitting all day on sat and leaving mid day sunday.

This is one of my favorite contests. The Wilson guys are the best. Jealousy is setting in

Anyone in CHA wanna fly with me this next weekend?

Jeff
Goinav8n is offline Find More Posts by Goinav8n
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:06 AM
Hey was that a Thermal ????
Joined Nov 2009
2,448 Posts
That stinks but at least you are still "flying".....
The_Builder is offline Find More Posts by The_Builder
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined May 2012
81 Posts
Really looking forward to the contest-- the practice contest this past weekend gave me a good taste of what to expect and has me more pumped up than ever.

Quick question: How does pairing up of timers work for the main contest? Do people usually decide before hand and stick together through the weekend? Or is there pairing up like we had in our practice contest? Should I be scouting out a knowledgeable timer to help me out? Kelley has offered to time for me (crazy, I know), but I'm worried after this weekend's practice that that would be asking a lot of someone not familiar with the sport at all...

Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Barry
barryplem is offline Find More Posts by barryplem
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:08 AM
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Feb 2007
723 Posts
Many of us already have timers lined up. However there is no team protection in this contest so nobody will be sure until the matrix is given out at which point there will be a mad dash to fill our "Dance cards."

I am assuming this will be one of your first contests. So first Welcome you will have a great time. Second you sould do your best to snag the most experienced pilots you can. (You will know at least 1 expert from the Pro-Am beg them to time during the contest.) There will likely be 5-6 groups so there will be plenty of timers available at all times. Even the big guns on the field are willing to time for most people. The more experienced timer you get the more you learn, and there is a lot to learn. If you don't find an expert to fill all your timing spots do not worry. Leave them blank and before your round walk down the line asking for timers.

Good luck and see you there.
austinhlg is online now Find More Posts by austinhlg
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:25 PM
Kyle Clayton
Joined Feb 2008
2,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryplem View Post
Kelley has offered to time for me (crazy, I know), but I'm worried after this weekend's practice that that would be asking a lot of someone not familiar with the sport at all...

Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Barry
Sounds like she's got a good week to get familiarized! Plus, I'll be putting on the task strategy seminar before the Pro-am, tell her show up for that and she'll be just as informed as the rest of yall In all honesty though, when you get your flight matrix on Saturday morning, go around and try to pair up with some experts. There will be plenty of people glad to help you out.

Bummer you cant make it Jeff, its been nice to hang out under yall's canopy and share a few beers at the last few contests See you in ATL in Nov?
RCG Plus Member