SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:30 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
Discussion
Help filling in the blanks on my build, mostly battery and charger related

So I'm about to venture into the land of quads and purchase a Naza 450 kit + GPS. I already have a DX6i that I would like to use. I need to buy a receiver so I'm asking for a recommendation on that. Also, I've decided to go with a 12V42A converted power supply from feathermerchantrc for my power supply but I still haven't decided/figured out what charger and batteries to use. I'd like to be to carry my GoPro on my 450.

Any help would be much appreciated. Links to actual products get bonus points.

So to sum it up (because my post was so long and hard to understand to begin with. ) For my Naza 450 ...
What receiver to pair with my DX6i?
What charger to pair with a 12V42A PS? I'd like to be able to charge multiple batteries at a time.
And what batteries?
dedfish is offline Find More Posts by dedfish
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:01 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
Help? Pretty please with jimmies on top.
dedfish is offline Find More Posts by dedfish
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:15 PM
Quad lover.
Joined Dec 2011
853 Posts
I don't know about the receiver but all you are looking for in a charger is the ability to deliver the current needed for the batteries. You can charge at lower currents but it will take longer with big batteries.
You need to use a calculator to decide on the battery size, then just get a charger that can support high currents, if you are using two 5000mAh batteries then you really want a 10A charger at the minimum. More batteries you add, the more current you need.
chaosdestro0 is offline Find More Posts by chaosdestro0