HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:39 PM
AEM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
1,062 Posts
Question
Problem: Using Same ESCs w/ Different Firmware Updates?

Hi All,

I just ordered 3 NIB Turnigy Plush 30A ESCs from an RCGroups member. I am now on the hunt for 3 more NIB Plushs to complete a Y6. However, I was just told that if the 3 news ones that I come across have different firmware versions than the first 3, I might have problems. I was also told that there's no way to know which ESCs have which firmware versions other than just matching up the manufacturing dates.

Please let me know: Are my concerns warranted? If so, what is the easiest way for me at this point to make sure the next 3 ESCs I buy have the same firmware as the 3 I already bought?

Thank you,
AEM
AEMontoya is offline Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:56 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,824 Posts
the easiest would be to buy 6 of these and not worry about it- f-30A

another issue is when did the member buy the plush 30s that you got from them? if it was some time ago, the plush design was changed in the last few months - different uC, etc. you will not be able to see this unless you take them apart.

i have always run escs bought at the same time. as many variables that are in multis, why introduce another?

just my .02
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:43 PM
AEM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
1,062 Posts
Thank you for this advice. I may be able to cancel the order I placed, even though it was such a good deal.

Anyone else have any recommendations or advice? Please chime in as soon as you can!

Will the Hobby Wing blue-colored ESCs from Hobby King work well with a Naza FC and Avroto motors?
Link: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...205&aff=266515

Will having Turnigy Plushs of different versions make a difference if I perform SimonK flashing on all of them?

AEM
AEMontoya is offline Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by AEMontoya; Jun 20, 2012 at 11:44 PM.