HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:19 PM
Central Maryland
Joined Apr 2008
248 Posts
Help!
Full throttle issue with servos acting up!!

I have an F-18c 70mm edf jet with the following:

Cyclone 3300kv motor
Cyclone 85 amp esc.
Spektrum Dx8
AR6200 DSM2 Receiver

I have been flying this model for about 10 months. Then one day after flying my first flight of the day everything went wrong. Changed out my battery for my next flight and as always I give a full throttle test (after the esc has alarmed). To my surprise when I push the throttle forward it throttles up and when I go to pull throttle down it just stayed at full throttle for about 10 seconds while my stick was positioned at zero. Then I decided to test it again and the same thing happened but this time my servos all pushed past 100% throw. That messed up both rudder servos and one elevator servo beyond use. (Need to replace them now!!)

What in the !*>?$# would cause this? Any ideas?

What I have done to try to fix this problem as of today with no success:

1) Tried re-binding and re-setting throttle end points.

2) Tried re-programming the jet into new aircraft slot on memory.

3) Purchased a new receiver DSMX and rebound into new memory position.

4) Replaced the esc and again rebinded, reset esc settings, throttle end points.

5) Set throttle trim all the way down and rest throttle end points.

Nothing seems to be working to fix this issue. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Is it the motor? That is what I will be testing next. Pulling motor out and replacing it to see if it still acts up.
VIDEOPRO is offline Find More Posts by VIDEOPRO
to remove ads between posts