Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by lagoonatic, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:12 PM
United States, MI
Joined Oct 2004
22 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Sold
Quarter-Scale Mahogany Barrelback (Chris-Craft) Runabout

I have the boat you are looking for! Unfortunately, it is not ready-to-run. I am in the middle of refinishing it and upgrading the engine. I hate to sell it, but I just don't have the time to complete the project.

It is a quarter-scale barrelback dual cockpit runabout. It is all mahogany skinned (double planked like the Dumas Chris-Craft boats construction). It was a kit produced years ago by S&G Craft. The website is still active at www.sgcraft.com, but they are not longer in business. You can go there to see pictures though.

Note that the deck and hull separate via a latch mechanism in the bow to provide complete access to hull radio box, engine, fuel tank, etc. Alternatively, you can access the engine via the functional hatch doors in the deck. The bow and stern lights work with switch in cockpit. I have the remainder of hardware not pictured (i.e. flags, fittings, etc. removed for refinishing)

I have a new Zenoah engine from Warehouse Hobbies that has been mounted, but not rigged with fuel and radio. It is a 26cc Zenoah water-cooled. I made no additional modifications. Series-1 exhaust manifold for wet-tuned pipe. 4 point rubber isolated mounting system from Warehouse Hobbies. Uses included nose mount with compression fitting on a 3/8" diameter steel shaft tube. Square end flex cable.

New Warehouse Hobbies water pump included. New fuel tank and fuel filter included. Rudder and all hardware included. New, Hitec 1/4 scale rudder servo (HS-705MG) and standard Futaba throttle servo included. New mahogany engine rails and fuel tank mount recently "glassed in" hull.

I have started sanding the bottom of the hull down the bare wood. My intent was to fiberglass cloth it for waterproofing. It will take some time to finish properly and re-assemble, but I believe the time would be worth it. You would have a rare model.

The Runabout is 52" long with a beam of 18".

Asking $1000 with Zenoah, $750 without Zenoah. It is a large hull, so shipping will be very expensive. I will charge you actual cost to pack and ship. Alternatively, local pick-up is available if you are near the Southeast Michigan area.
lagoonatic is offline Find More Posts by lagoonatic
Last edited by lagoonatic; Jun 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: add hull bottom pictures
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:05 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2006
51 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
So if I buy this hull for $750 or a thousand,
I'll still do some sanding and glass the bottom
Then drill and mount the drive unit plus the motor
Mount,radio box,radio and few little items?
I'll offer you $500.00 for the hull.
Racer59 is offline Find More Posts by Racer59
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:29 PM
United States, MI
Joined Oct 2004
22 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
This boat was running well prior to my decision to refinish the hull and upgrade the engine. The hull could be repainted as is, but my plan was to take it down to bare wood and glass it for a waterproof, durable finish. I have drilled and mounted the engine so that it aligns with the installed drive shaft. The engine was recently removed as I was sanding the hull and didn't want the dust in the engine. The fuel tank is included and mounting provisions are in place for it. The radio box is included and was also functional. Just add your radio control system and linkages. Basically, finish the hull as you wish and put everything back together.
lagoonatic is offline Find More Posts by lagoonatic
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:02 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2006
51 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Will you take $600 without the motor?
Racer59 is offline Find More Posts by Racer59
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:15 PM
United States, MI
Joined Oct 2004
22 Posts