Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:08 PM
United States, IL, Fox Lake
Joined Jan 2012
55 Posts
Discussion
Fed up With the Vanquish

My experience with the Vanquish is over. This all started here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1656874

After spending considerable time and $ reinforcing the hull, replacing the stuffing tube and moving it up, fabricating a servo mount, and testing many different times I am done with the Vanquish. It will not plane and dives to the left when it speeds up almost sinking itself. The stuffing tube is approx 1/4" above the bottom of the hull. I removed the trim tabs. I moved the batteries around. I adjusted the stinger angle multiple times in all different positive and negative angles. I have come to the conclusion that the bottom has a hook in it and that is more than I am willing to deal with.

I was wondering if anyone can recomend a similar hull with the hardware installed already that is of better quality and not sold by HobbyKing. I still want a mono in the 40" range and am not looking to break any speed records. I have little time to spend on this hobby these days and I am not wasting anymore of it on the Vanquish.
motorfixer1 is offline Find More Posts by motorfixer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:31 PM
Joined May 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorfixer1 View Post
My experience with the Vanquish is over. This all started here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1656874

After spending considerable time and $ reinforcing the hull, replacing the stuffing tube and moving it up, fabricating a servo mount, and testing many different times I am done with the Vanquish. It will not plane and dives to the left when it speeds up almost sinking itself. The stuffing tube is approx 1/4" above the bottom of the hull. I removed the trim tabs. I moved the batteries around. I adjusted the stinger angle multiple times in all different positive and negative angles. I have come to the conclusion that the bottom has a hook in it and that is more than I am willing to deal with.

I was wondering if anyone can recomend a similar hull with the hardware installed already that is of better quality and not sold by HobbyKing. I still want a mono in the 40" range and am not looking to break any speed records. I have little time to spend on this hobby these days and I am not wasting anymore of it on the Vanquish.
Sorry for making it work for you ....
But that means I get the boat for free right lol ..
Torqueranger is offline Find More Posts by Torqueranger
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined Jan 2012
55 Posts
Reasonable offers will be accepted.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:46 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
"I removed the trim tabs. I moved the batteries around. I adjusted the stinger angle multiple times in all different positive and negative angles. I have come to the conclusion that the bottom has a hook in it and that is more than I am willing to deal with."

You tried putting a big boat anchor in it????????

Here's my 39" Mono that I had up to 60 mph with the old 1717 setup...............got it from ebay for a little over 120 bucks. I had to bolt on all the hardware though. You will have a VERY difficult time finding something with all the hardware installed thats worth a crap.
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Last edited by scorpion1; Jun 20, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Jan 2012
55 Posts
Ok Scorp I am willing to mount my own hardware can you make a suggestion for a hull thats not a POS. I am so burned out right now on all of the choices out there. Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:11 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Check these out. I have a couple boats, and am seriously thinking about one of these, very nice.
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...suit-Mono-kits.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:14 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Here's the basic fiberglass version...........you can get the carbon/kevlar hull for around $125 i think

http://www.ebay.com/itm/39-deep-V-mo...item1e5af09c02
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:25 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,980 Posts
Yup that's about right. I HATED my Vanquish and sold it and bought a 41" Osprey. Much much MUCH better hull!!!! Mines is for sale by the way. Credit card bills suck as much as the vanquish does!
Diesel6401 is online now Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:06 AM
Joined Jan 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
Yup that's about right. I HATED my Vanquish and sold it and bought a 41" Osprey. Much much MUCH better hull!!!! Mines is for sale by the way. Credit card bills suck as much as the vanquish does!
You were right all along. CC bills do suck and the vanquish has soured me on buying anything for now. I am going to fix my genesis transom and run the Leo 4082-1600kv in her for now. I don't have much more $ to spend after the Vanquish eqperience.