SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by richardc951, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:28 PM
United States, CT
Joined Jun 2004
10 Posts
Trader Rating: 307
For Sale
Custom Thermal Duration Sailplane Project. *PRICE REDUCED*

Still available is a NIB and untouched custom sailplane project from Viking Models, and Elf Engineering, of Wylie, TX. The kit has a 120" span, wire-cut foam, triple taper wing, pre-sheeted with Obechi plywood by the factory. The fuselage is fiberglass, 45" long, with a removeable nose cone and a shoulder wing mounting platform. The builder will have to provide a horizontal stabilizer and rudder. This is a full house, thermal duration ship that has sat untouched for far too long and I need to fund other projects. The kit is contained within two very large boxes, so I would prefer a local pickup. I will drive a reasonable distance from CT to meet the buyer. $225.00 or best reasonable offer. I will ship at the buyer's expense.
richardc951 is offline Find More Posts by richardc951
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 03:29 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It !!
United States, MA, Pittsfield
Joined Sep 2011
245 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Few Questions?

Hi Richard,

I live fairly close to you in Pittsfield, MA. and could pick-up or meet you half way. I just had a few questions for you.

1) What is the recommended wing joining method at the center section? Does the kit come with the joiners? Is it's rods, (pockets or tubes already installed inside the wing roots?) or is the joining method left up to the builder?

2) What instructions/build sheet comes with the kit? I'm sure there are no prints, and that's okay, but how detailed are the instructions? Does it come with instructions for the tow hook set-up?

3) How are the control surfaces on the main wing attached? If it is Full-House, I can't see the joint between the flap and aileron. How much is flap vs aileron on the back side of the wing?

4) Any idea on weight? Or what the finished weight is projected to be?

Any information you can give would be great.

Thanks,

Paul Murphy, Murph
Paulbilbo91z9f is offline Find More Posts by Paulbilbo91z9f
Old Jun 20, 2012, 04:02 PM
United States, CT
Joined Jun 2004
10 Posts
Trader Rating: 307
Sailplane

PM sent. RTC
richardc951 is offline Find More Posts by richardc951
Closed Thread