HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by TVNweather.com, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Jun 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
For Sale
LIKE NEW BTE super hauler *Discovery Channel's Storm Chasers*

http://www.palcycle.com/item/view/14...BhZ2U9NA%3D%3D

RC storm plane (9 min 44 sec)

Discovery Storm Chasers - Reed Timmer's RC Plane!

Norman, OK

My research keeps evolving so it's time to sell my RC plane used for tornado intercepts. This is a Super Hauler and is capable of carrying a payload of 30 pounds. It's fully functioning and comes with everything for you to fly, including the customized truck bed enclosure for transporting this plane. Here are the specs:

-- Built by Bruce Tharpe (http://www.btemodels.com)
-- Hand cut and hand built wood construction with MonoKote covering
-- 12' wingspan
-- Desert Air DA100 100cc Engine with Custom Mufflers by JTEC
-- 2 50oz. Fuel Tanks for ~1 hr of flight time
-- Vess Prop 27A
-- Futaba 10c Radio 2.4 Ghz Plane ; Futaba 14c Camera with Futaba R6014FS Recievers
-- Futaba S9152 Digital Servos for Control Surfaces and a S3001 Analog servo for throttle
-- Electrodynamics EDR-111 Power Bus Pro and EDR107P Fiber Optic Kill Switch
-- NiCad Battery System
-- Plane Mounted GPS and Weather Probe with zigbee wireless. The same hardware used in the tornado parachute probes.
-- 8 tube custom built sequential probe drop mechanism using Futaba servo
-- Forward Camera Sony CX12 HD Handycam
-- Rear Camera ContourHD Helmet Cam mounted on vertical stabilizer
-- Plane does NOT have Autopilot or stabilization and is flown strictly by standard RC means.

I spent nearly $30,000 on the plane, including all of the add-on components! Check out the video from our Storm Chase episode a couple of seasons ago where we used this plane. Here is a link to our TVN site with more information:

http://www.tornadovideos.net/projects

Thanks for looking and NEVER STOP CHASING!

PRICE: $14,000
TVNweather.com is offline Find More Posts by TVNweather.com
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:37 PM
BME 102 For Sale, PM me!
USA, NJ, Milford
Joined Jul 2006
438 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
why don't you sell it to the one guy with the fancy truck and all the radars that couldn't never find a tornado? Sean's original partner, forgot his name.

barchiola is offline Find More Posts by barchiola