SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by 7rider, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:41 AM
USA, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2007
933 Posts
Discussion
Waddell Beach slope gliding disappointing on 6/17/2012

I was excited to try slope gliding my Alula and Merlin at the slope site at Waddell Beach last Sunday, but the wind was blowing from the south. The slope site is a cliff facing northwest so the wind was blowing from the opposite direction for optimal lift. I noticed some seagulls hanging off the lift from cliffs that were facing south, but I didnít want to stray too far from the designated slope site that sits on private property. I tried flying my Alula down at the shore, but I just couldnít get it working. Now Iím itching for some real slope flying, and I hope Coyote Hills has some good lift this weekend.
7rider is offline Find More Posts by 7rider
to remove ads between posts