SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:46 AM
Tobias (aka glider hangaround)
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined Apr 2008
551 Posts
Discussion
How old is this M

This boat as come up for sale localy but not much info about it, so have to ask if anyone can give some info about which era it is from and if its a barge or something to buy to test as a "big" boat on the cheap.

Thanks in advance.

Tobias
Fluffracka is offline Find More Posts by Fluffracka
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:30 AM
Fleetwood, UK
Joined Dec 2010
219 Posts
Re: How old is this M

I dont know what the design of the boat is, but an educational guess is its from the mid 80's era.
Its a long way from the types of Marbleheads we sail today. Good luck if your going to purchase it.

JT
www.taylormadeyachts.com
john m taylor is offline Find More Posts by john m taylor
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:25 AM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Apr 2010
219 Posts
There have been a few posts about old Marbleheads lately, including mine! Check my posts for the info I got. Bottom line, it is hard to find out what they are if there are no hull markings, and if your like the boat, buy it. Seems to be growing interest in old 50/800's.
Brad-
nikram58 is offline Find More Posts by nikram58
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:43 AM
United States, MA, Wenham
Joined Jan 2007
1,526 Posts
The Hull design looks to be very late 70s, or early 80s.

But, The mast appears to be carbon.
It's hard to say if the mast is original to the boat. If it is, I'd say your boat is from, roughly 1982. Chances are it's not though.

If the mast is not original, and was installed after-the-fact, I'd push your hull back to about 1979.

Either way,It's a M.
Date & design are allways irrelevant if it sails well.
If you can find a group of Ms from roughly 1970 to 1985 (where the Bulk of the M class was built & registered) You'll have a blast with it. Find a group of sort-of-round-about "Classic" Ms and off you go
breakwater is online now Find More Posts by breakwater
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:12 AM
toyboatskipper
Germany, BW, Stuttgart
Joined Mar 2012
48 Posts
Moonraker from Sweden?

Hi,

this boat looks like a Moonraker from Sweden, about end of 70ties:

Compare with the last pic of this report:

http://www.radiosailing.de/technik/b...ad-klasse.html

A nice sailing boat with good optical look which was very good in fresh winds but not in light airs (as many others in that times) due to weight and shape of hull.

A former club member in Berlin build one in 1:10 just for display (incl. the rc gear inside...) - unfortunately I have no pic of that model of the model.

Regards
Thomas
Thomas MM GER15 is offline Find More Posts by Thomas MM GER15