HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:11 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Does the LED flash and buzzer beep when that happens?
ESCs are beeping, the buzzer isn't and I can't recall about the LED. I have replaced the plug on ESC M1 and I have not had this problem since then. Fingers crossed.

Here's another video of the KK2 flying acro on a small x250 frame. It's simply awesome. Thank you, Sir. I have a third KK2 board on its way. This one I'll be keeping as a spare for now. I've had a few hard crashes and the KK2 seems to be holding up pretty well, though.

Best,
Chris

X250 + KK2 Acrobatics (7 min 29 sec)

PS: Video quality is crappy. Work in progress. Learning how to render decent quality HD videos with a movie editor. So sorry about that.
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:16 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
7,020 Posts
Quote:
I like that sandwich construction. Inexpensive and easy to make.
thanks... the sandwich works well,
but I made some mistakes as it was my first build
1 ...the main center is round.... why is that a mistake... circles waste depron, you don't actually need a circle , and squares are easier to cut, and the need is to make the build all nice and square on a quad
2.. I made the main center much bigger than needed... all you really need is a size big enough to nicely fit the battery, or the protection cover for the board which are the largest parts
3 Carbon fiber arms... wooden are just as good and far cheaper
Likely whatever I use will get broken at some stage, so I might as well keep it cheap..
Being cheap and easy, I can have a spare frame ready for a swap over when that crash happens

I will say a thank you for these boards... Ive got both a kk1 and a kk2... the kk2 is a much better solution for a newbee like myself.. that one I got up and running on my first go, it will need some trimming , and I will need lots of practice , but all is good..
The KKv5.5 is less newbee friendly, but after lots of reading and puzzling out what its doing, I am very slowly getting there..
My biggest problem on both boards has been in calibrating the esc's... they don't appear to beep as and when they are supposed to... but I have only just read on one site, that spectrum RECs can be slow to fire up preventing the esc going into calibration mode... this can be a cause of the calibration not occurring.. so the next trial is to power the rec up before powering up the ESC's, then calibrate..
EDIT... in another video I found yaw pots are shown as being at zero with some turned to the right, some turned to the left, on the KK board my yaw needs reversing, so likely I am not turning the pot in the correct direction to get the esc's into program mode..
Its tough being a newbee...lol, and Its frustrating when they don't do what you are expecting, its only too easy to blame the board when its just a setup problem thats giving you greif... as a newbee I always blame myself, and I am usually right...lol
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Last edited by davereap; Jul 30, 2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:19 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
984 Posts
teopbako is offline Find More Posts by teopbako
Last edited by teopbako; Jul 29, 2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:33 AM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzer View Post
Great Work Happy
looking forward to alternative firmware.
Will you be re-writing the autolevel feature as KK suggested to react more quickly?
What general improvements can we expect?
Just out of interest what coding language are you using?
OpenAero2 is just for Aeroplanes, but has a lot more aeroplane-specfic functions... Assuming I can squeeze them in
I'm writing it all in C with a tiny bit of assembler for the PWM output code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite View Post
Very pretty HS! If only I had 1/100th of the talent I might actually be able to help you and KK. So for now I'll just cheer you on.
Same question as Wazzer... how is AHRS coming along?
Oh I'm not that talented - just ask my wife lol
Well soon I will need some alpha testers who have KK2 boards and are not afraid to reprogram them...
I use a different leveling algorithm to KK but its otherwise similar. Plenty of time to play with it though.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:50 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
Which ESC

Hello,
currently I am flying my Quad with the KK2 board and Hacker XP40pro Controllers and Hacker Motors.
p Gain is set to 55. I Gain is at 20. It flies ok, but it has some slow wobbling.How can I get rid of this? I tried higher And lower gains, but without succes.

Which ESC can be flashed with the simonK Software?

Thanks
Torsten
T. Oertel is offline Find More Posts by T. Oertel
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:50 AM
Joined Nov 2008
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Hello,

P gain about 60, i gain of about 23 for pitch. As for yaw, I can't remember. I'll try to remember to note the exact settings tomorrow and I'll post them for you. Remind me if I forget.

Stick scaling 105 for cyclic and 90 for rudder. Here's a video. This things is tuned to a T. It's awesome.

Best,
Chris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIpWl...ature=youtu.be

Thanks a lot for your help Chris. Can't wait to have a day of tuning and whizzing it around
giek2000 is offline Find More Posts by giek2000
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:59 AM
Sweden
Sweden, Stockholm County, Djurö
Joined Apr 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Oertel View Post
Hello,
currently I am flying my Quad with the KK2 board and Hacker XP40pro Controllers and Hacker Motors.
p Gain is set to 55. I Gain is at 20. It flies ok, but it has some slow wobbling.How can I get rid of this? I tried higher And lower gains, but without succes.

Which ESC can be flashed with the simonK Software?

Thanks
Torsten
Have a look here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ml&widget=true
tvbcom is offline Find More Posts by tvbcom
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:03 AM
Paulo72
Portugal, Lisboa, Odivelas
Joined Nov 2011
15 Posts
Has anoy one here have a tricopter with the KK2 board and using the Futaba Radio?
Paulo72 is offline Find More Posts by Paulo72
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:36 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2005
1,092 Posts
[QUOTE=HappySundays;22295251]OpenAero2 is just for Aeroplanes, but has a lot more aeroplane-specfic functions... Assuming I can squeeze them in
I'm writing it all in C with a tiny bit of assembler for the PWM output code./QUOTE]

Thanks for that

I didnt realise it was just for planes!!

I was thinking about putting a board in my old Extra300 for some hands free hovering and knife edge!

cheers

ben
wazzer is offline Find More Posts by wazzer
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:52 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
414 Posts
Quote:
This board is faulty.
hi KK, I have the hobbyking V3.0 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21977 and do the same thing, get crazy in the sunny days... HK is not going to replace it... do you know where can be the problem? gyro? CPU?

P.S.
should I use an hammer to fix it? (my last try)
albx is offline Find More Posts by albx
Last edited by albx; Jul 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,128 Posts
Had a crash today. Landed upside down. The board made a sound as if when you plug in the battery, then the buzzer started to buzz rapidly. When I picked up the quad I could see the red LED also blink rapidly. I unplugged it, and when plugging it back in, nothing. Only the LCD backlight goes on. Let me know what you think, please, pretty please, Kaptein, when you have time. No rush. I made a short video to show you what it's doing:

I think my KK2 is Kaput :( (3 min 1 sec)

The board has done this to me before but when I unplugged M1 and plugged it back in it fixed it. This time it's a no go.

Thank you.
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:22 PM
Speed is Good!
Chippenham, Wilts
Joined Oct 2005
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo72 View Post
Has anoy one here have a tricopter with the KK2 board and using the Futaba Radio?
Yes I do but as yet I cant get it to fly. It just wants to turn (on Yaw axis) all the time. Tried changing Yaw settings but nothing. Still scrathing my head as my Quad with KK2 board is flying great?
rumbey is offline Find More Posts by rumbey
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giek2000 View Post
Thanks a lot for your help Chris. Can't wait to have a day of tuning and whizzing it around
Hi Giek,

Lucky for you, it's not the F330 I crashed today so I'm able to post my settings if it can be of help to you. My 250 size quad requires different settings for similar results, anyways. So here it is for the DJI F330:

PI: Pitch and Roll

P gain: 65
P limit: 100
I gain:35
I limit: 20

PI: Yaw

P gain: 100
P limit: 20
I gain:10
I limit: 10

Stick scaling

Roll: 110
Pitch: 110
Yaw: 90
Throttle: 100

Misc. Settings

Minimum throttle: 10
LCD contrast: 36
Height Dampening: 0 (No clue what this is. Didn't touch it)
Height D limit: 30 (No clue, either. Also default setting)
Alarm: 105 (Using 3s batteries)

Self Leveling settings

I did not change these settings. They are default. I do not use self level.

Mixer Editor:

All default values for Xcopter configuration. I did not change anything, here, either.

Here's a video of these settings used on my DJI F330 today. Flies superbly. Very stable, very responsive.

GroPro Raw (6 min 45 sec)

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbey View Post
Yes I do but as yet I cant get it to fly. It just wants to turn (on Yaw axis) all the time. Tried changing Yaw settings but nothing. Still scrathing my head as my Quad with KK2 board is flying great?
I bet the default values must be wrong in mixing editor. I can't recall anyone using this FC on a tri successfully, yet. Something seems amiss.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:28 PM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Djakarta
Joined Apr 2007
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
Just use 1sec CA glue and activator from Jamara. My dji frame arm broke and I have glued it and it is ok. Will not fall apart where it is glued.
Thanks, i tried 1420 CA and it work like charm I noticed that when the nylon arm brakes it does have a lot of sharp ridges just like plywood which is nice it you want to glue it back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx-0 View Post
I am surprised the the glue holds. I may well try it on the next arm I break.
Cyano does not have alot of shear strength in my experience.
Yeah i tried it and it surprises me as well i didn't expect it to last even 1 flight session now i already have 2 flight and it is holding up really well. I did add some glass fiber cloth just for reassurance i wasn't expecting it to hold. Not sure if it is adding more strength
rizky_p is online now Find More Posts by rizky_p