Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:12 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Djakarta
Joined Apr 2007
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzer View Post
FPV!!

Never and issue with orientation!

Come to think of it, how easy/hard is it to do FPV on KK2? how do you recognize small correction to maintain hovers since any drifts or tilts are small when looking at the FPV monitor?

I think i'll try FPV after finishing my DJI Hex.

Thanks.
rizky_p is online now Find More Posts by rizky_p
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:37 AM
Romania, Europe
Joined Aug 2009
282 Posts
Hi there,
I would appreciate any help possible but prefered from KapteinKuk himself.......
I want to use KK2 FC to a flying wing.
Yesterday I tried to make it work but I encountered some problem.
I have connected AIL and ELE inputs of the kk to the receiver ch1 and ch2.
I connected receiver ch3 with the motor ESC as usual.
I connected tho the M8 output a 5v line picked up from the receiver ch8.
The board came alive but the LCD and Red LED(armed sign) went flickering twice a second and I had no control whatsoever.....
Than I disconected the M8 output from the 5v receiver feed and the KK board went alive and well. I managed to go through the entire KK menu, settings, etc. I checked the receiver feed and it seems ok on the LCD. I checked the sensor test and all 6 were OK and moving accordind to the movement of the board. I previously selected mixer for flying wing.
What seems to be the problem ???
Thanks.
serjuro is offline Find More Posts by serjuro
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:27 AM
Joined Apr 2012
68 Posts
Power for the KK2 Board itself is supplied on M1. If you have a servo plugged in there then you will have no power to the board - at least thats the way I understand it.

Swapped back to the original KK board today and it is flying so much better for me. I was having a lot of troubles with the KK2. I will put it back on and try it when new firmware comes out. This is on a Tri so has the servo jitter problem.
pjman is offline Find More Posts by pjman
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:19 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Djakarta
Joined Apr 2007
487 Posts
I was doing a fast forward flight back and forth nothing acro, managed to crashed the quad from 15 meter height again because orientation lost. Anyone knows how to glue the "HK DJI clone" arm, i'll be using it as temporary solution while a replacement is shipping. If any glue is tough enough that is.

thanks.
rizky_p is online now Find More Posts by rizky_p
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:21 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjman View Post
Power for the KK2 Board itself is supplied on M1. If you have a servo plugged in there then you will have no power to the board - at least thats the way I understand it.

Swapped back to the original KK board today and it is flying so much better for me. I was having a lot of troubles with the KK2. I will put it back on and try it when new firmware comes out. This is on a Tri so has the servo jitter problem.
The main thing the original KK board might differ a bit on, is the slow peizo gyros on the KK will tend to ignore vibrations that the faster MEMS gyros on the KK2 might pick up. I don't think firmware is really going to fix that.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:29 AM
Romania, Europe
Joined Aug 2009
282 Posts
[QUOTE=pjman;22277588]Power for the KK2 Board itself is supplied on M1. If you have a servo plugged in there then you will have no power to the board - at least thats the way I understand it.

Hi there, The servo's are in M2 and M3 outputs. KK say I have to leave M1 not connected....and I have to give power for the servos with a BEC on M8....

These are the KK instructions :
Airplane use:

1: setup the TX as described in the manual.
2: Connect the motor ESC to the RX as ordinary.
3: Connect a BEC to output#8, to supply the servos. Leave output#1 unused.
4: Using the mixer editor, find and connect the servos to the other outputs.
5: If you need to reverse a function (aileron, elevator, rudder), negate all mixing values for that function on all servos that are used by that function.
6: If you need to reverse a servo, negate the mixing value for that function on the servo in question.
7: adjust the stick scaling to get the required response.
8: adjust the mixing values to change the throw
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:18 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizky_p View Post
I was doing a fast forward flight back and forth nothing acro, managed to crashed the quad from 15 meter height again because orientation lost. Anyone knows how to glue the "HK DJI clone" arm, i'll be using it as temporary solution while a replacement is shipping. If any glue is tough enough that is.

thanks.
Just use 1sec CA glue and activator from Jamara. My dji frame arm broke and I have glued it and it is ok. Will not fall apart where it is glued.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:09 AM
Romania, Europe
Joined Aug 2009
282 Posts
Again I Buzz you......
I supplied the KK board with 5v via an UBEC and separate 3s lipo and now, the servos are ,moving.....The right servo is responding just a bit to my stick commands but the left servo is always blocked in full Up position.......and it is stalled......buzzing.......
I tried to edit the travels in Mixer Editor, tried some more moves but nothing good......
I even tried to feed the KK board input via Elevon Mixer on my TX but nothing.....
Anyone, HELP ???

PS a strange behaviour is that when I move the board, the servos are tremmoring.......not compensation nice and quiet the movement.....
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:29 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398 View Post
Just so new people don't try to reset their board using Q&A #12 it is only for setting lcd contrast back to level 36. It does not reset anything the "master reset" wording is a little misleading.
Misleading, indeed. I see this LCD screen adjustment as a bug that needs to be fixed on the KK board. The programming should not allow you to change brightness on the screen beyond the ability to read the screen. That's just silly. Imagine changing brightness on your cell phone and suddenly the screen goes blank?

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined Apr 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serjuro View Post
Again I Buzz you......
I supplied the KK board with 5v via an UBEC and separate 3s lipo and now, the servos are ,moving.....The right servo is responding just a bit to my stick commands but the left servo is always blocked in full Up position.......and it is stalled......buzzing.......
I tried to edit the travels in Mixer Editor, tried some more moves but nothing good......
I even tried to feed the KK board input via Elevon Mixer on my TX but nothing.....
Anyone, HELP ???

PS a strange behaviour is that when I move the board, the servos are tremmoring.......not compensation nice and quiet the movement.....
Probably need 5v to one of m2-m8 as well to power the servos. Should have mentioned that.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:22 AM
Joined Apr 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
The main thing the original KK board might differ a bit on, is the slow peizo gyros on the KK will tend to ignore vibrations that the faster MEMS gyros on the KK2 might pick up. I don't think firmware is really going to fix that.
It flies ok but the servo on the Tri jitters. I have turned the P gain right down and still can't get rid of it. I like the KK2 otherwise - its very stable - I have never really been able to hover on the KK like I can with the KK2.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:23 AM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddcopter View Post
I am not one to spam posts that I make on my blog. But, I put a lot of work into this one and thought y'all might get a kick out of it. Mainly, I was having fun with a new slideshow plugin I installed, and yeah, I went a little crazy with the slideshows. Anyway, it provides a close up look at the LCD menus.

http://oddcopter.com/2012/07/24/sett...-quadcopter-x/

Thanks again to Rolf Bakke for designing such a great board!
Just read through your blog post oddcopter, thanks for a nice clear overview.

I'm in the process of collecting (now mostly waiting for the slow boat from China to get here) parts to build my first multi-copter. The KK2 board is here, but I haven't powered it up yet.I was thinking of a tri, but lately am leaning slightly towards a quad.

I have been following and reading this topic to benefit from everyone's experience. As I was reading through your blog, I subsequently went and re-read post 1 and the manual.

It seems that a number of people are having motor calibration challenges and I wonder whether there's a potential race condition happening. If the power to the KK2 board (through M1) also powers the RX then maybe some RX's are starting slower than the board during the calibration when the power is plugged in from the ESC. Also I guess that ESC has to start from scratch, while the other's are already booted.

Does this make sense or am I missing something fundamental here? If it is, then perhaps a motor calibration button sequence would be the say hold down two buttons, and then push a third to do the FC reset in FW?

[I am just re-reading this before I post, I guess if there's a sufficient delay, and wait for things to stabilize, in the calibration sequence ... which I now think there must be ... then this shouldn't be a problem. I'll post it anyway since for completeness I'm interested in where the RX is powered from.]

The other thing that occurred to me is that the user manual tuning is based on a Quad (I think), and it now seems that the settings are quite different for a tri, or other layout. Perhaps worth mentioning.

All in all, I can't wait to try flying this thing. I had just ordered a V3 board when the KK2 came out. I managed to miss the cheap price code opportunity, but ordered one anyway as soon as the good flight, and easier setup reports started coming in.

cheers, Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:15 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,843 Posts
Here's another video, this time using the KK2 on a X250 frame. Flies beautifully.

It's a short video, it was starting to rain.

Best,
Chris

Props savers on 1510 motors mod- KK2 and X250 (2 min 8 sec)
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:16 PM
Paulo72
Portugal, Lisboa, Odivelas
Joined Nov 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
I just posted this to another user, might as well post it here in the public forum as well. Stock, bought early directly from HobbyKing.

CH1
Throttle: 100
Aileron: -71
Elevator: 71
Rudder: 100
Offset: 0
Type: ESC
Rate: High

CH2
Aileron: 71
Elevator: 71
Rudder: -100

CH3
Aileron: 71
Elevator: -71

CH4
Aileron: -71
Elevator: -71

Hi, will the ch 1, ch2 and ch3 do for a tricopter or would it be another setup for mixer?

Regards
Paulo
Paulo72 is offline Find More Posts by Paulo72
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:02 PM
U.S.A., Sufflok county , NY
Joined Nov 2007
243 Posts
kk2

hey can anyone tell me my kk now flys great, when i punch it strate up quad wants to go off to side and foward, not uncontrolable but not sure why?
steveiewonder is offline Find More Posts by steveiewonder