SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:27 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
There is a force trying to accelerate the FC at 9.8M/sec ^2 in the Z axis all the time. It's called gravity. An accelerometer, once calibrated, is far more accurate at figuring what is level than a magnetometer, which can swing wildly with just a change in motor current! A magnetometer is really just used as a compass when you want the copter facing one way all the time for AP or something similar. Not much use for general flying.
Ahh... Okay I get it now. Thanks for the explanation!
fallingdown is offline Find More Posts by fallingdown
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:42 PM
Norway Haugesund
Joined Jun 2010
329 Posts
I hope hobbyking will make a box for this kk2 board. I don`t like that the board is exposed like this.
culexus is offline Find More Posts by culexus
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Apr 2012
535 Posts
So am i suppose to put up with this 3 month wait or make it myself,i hope kk opensources the hardware quick.....
Akcopter is offline Find More Posts by Akcopter
Last edited by Akcopter; Jun 26, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 02:03 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
880 Posts
Free enterprise. They underpriced it. Sold out in less than 12 hours. That means it was too cheap. They don't need a buddy code to move these. $9 thrown away by hk in my opinion. I'm grateful but that's not what I would have done. As far as wait time, hk has little influence over their ability to get a commitment at such a low price. You want it cheap, you will wait until it becomes a priority for the manufacturer. Stop the nonsense. Go and fly and take the edge off.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Old Jun 23, 2012, 02:47 PM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
Low Battery Voltage Alarm

Given KK's statement, how exactly would the low battery voltage alarm be implemented?

"The Battery voltage input is the unpopulated hole to the left of the yellow component..."

Thanks,
-mike-
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
Old Jun 23, 2012, 07:57 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko View Post
Given KK's statement, how exactly would the low battery voltage alarm be implemented?
"The Battery voltage input is the unpopulated hole to the left of the yellow component..."
Thanks,
-mike-
Oh, you just make a connection between the LiPo supply and that hole ( and ground of course). The battery voltage will be divided down on-board so it will be safe. KK Plus did the same thing.
Personally I make up a parallel cable from the ESC's battery connector.
It would have been easier if there had been a more obvious ground connection to pair up with that hole but if you connect from underneath there is a ground point not far away.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:31 AM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
Thank you godfather of quads!
I think you are confusing me with this gentleman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVentas View Post
Good work ! Very nice!
What about accelerometer? Is it ADXL335 or something better?

IDG650 gyros are no longer in production, but I hope HK has plenty of them .

Ordered one board. I will try to make a custom CopterControl board with these gyros .
It is ADXL335. The engineer at hobbyking told me they had bought plenty of the gyros.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Oh, you just make a connection between the LiPo supply and that hole ( and ground of course). The battery voltage will be divided down on-board so it will be safe. KK Plus did the same thing.
Personally I make up a parallel cable from the ESC's battery connector.
It would have been easier if there had been a more obvious ground connection to pair up with that hole but if you connect from underneath there is a ground point not far away.
Only need to connect a cable from battery+ to this hole. The ground return is through ESC#1's ground wire.
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:07 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Only need to connect a cable from battery+ to this hole. The ground return is through ESC#1's ground wire.
Do you smooth the voltage from the battery? I have seen many battery alarms give false reading when the copter is under full throttle, due to voltage drop on the often too skinny cables. I thought a simple RC filter to the battery sensing pin could fix that.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jun 24, 2012, 03:10 PM
Basel, Switzerland
Joined Mar 2008
93 Posts
Quote:
Do you smooth the voltage from the battery? I have seen many battery alarms give false reading when the copter is under full throttle, due to voltage drop on the often too skinny cables. I thought a simple RC filter to the battery sensing pin could fix that.
battery voltage always drops under load. there is no current (microamps at most) going through this battery-voltage-measuring wire, so there wont be any drop in this wire.
quix-fz is offline Find More Posts by quix-fz
Old Jun 24, 2012, 03:12 PM
Emress
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by culexus View Post
I hope hobbyking will make a box for this kk2 board. I don`t like that the board is exposed like this.
there was a post somewhere by someone who made a case for it. ill see if i can find it

Quote:
id rather my batteries not drop down to 3.3v per cell that the alarm is triggered, so if the voltage drops on load and the alarms goes off, when i land the voltage will stabilize to about 3.5-.6 or so.
sirbow2 is offline Find More Posts by sirbow2
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:21 PM
Joined May 2010
335 Posts
do we have 4.7 ver for hexa configuration or y6 config?
bigbro3760 is offline Find More Posts by bigbro3760
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:25 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quix-fz View Post
battery voltage always drops under load. there is no current (microamps at most) going through this battery-voltage-measuring wire, so there wont be any drop in this wire.
Voltage drop on the battery-voltage-measuring wire is not the issue, spikes below the alarm threshold are, resulting in false alarms, forcing people to artificially lower the alarm voltage setting, when all it needs is smoothing. You can do it in software, just set it so the alarm doesn't sound unless the voltage has been below the threshold for say several seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbro3760 View Post
do we have 4.7 ver for hexa configuration or y6 config?
This board uses version 1.0 firmware. Perhaps you are in the wrong thread?
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Last edited by Erknie; Jun 25, 2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:08 AM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,063 Posts
Quote:
Voltage drop on the battery-voltage-measuring wire is not the issue, spikes below the alarm threshold are, resulting in false alarms, forcing people to artificially lower the alarm voltage setting, when all it needs is smoothing. You can do it in software, just set it so the alarm doesn't sound unless the voltage has been below the threshold for say several seconds.
This board uses version 1.0 firmware. Perhaps you are in the wrong thread?
The board has hardware smoothing on the Vbat line and if there is also a bit of hysteresis in the software then there will be no problems with false alarms.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:00 AM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
945 Posts
The LVC is only active when battery voltage is below the limit. When it goes above, it stops.
Also it beeps faster the lower the voltage is below the limit.
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:45 AM
Went to mow a meadow
Joined Feb 2007
1,461 Posts
My order has gone from backorder to reserved

Frank
frank48 is offline Find More Posts by frank48