HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2013, 01:37 PM
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
No problem, you can check it arms inside you know.

Deyrick
ok but we're busy here in the warm enjoying ourselves so it'll have to be tomorrow
teccer1234 is offline Find More Posts by teccer1234
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2013, 02:18 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Feb 2013
435 Posts
The resistance thing would appear whenever current went up. It's simply Ohm's law: E = I x R. For any resistance in a circuit, the voltage drop across it will be directly proportional to the current with that proportionality constant being the resistance. As you pull more and more current, the voltage that is not available to the actual device - BEC, ESC, etc - gets to be more and more.

If it is randomly happening when the load is just moderate, then that would tend to indicate something else or else when you throttled up I would expect it to dump there for sure.

I just thought I'd mention the resistance thing in case that fit with what you are seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
Apart from the ESC itself, ive soldered everything with leaded tin. :P
And id think, if resistance was the problem, it would only occur when load changes drastically?
It randomly "boops" even when im just hovering around a bit though.
RobertSF is offline Find More Posts by RobertSF
Old Mar 07, 2013, 02:27 PM
5th
Mediocre Pilot Extraordinaire
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2012
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
If you have a good working knowledge of trig and the desire to understand the mixer editor, you can look at the numbers for the tri and the X quad and figure out what it is doing. The strange numbers come from (100 times) the sine of the angle from this axis or cosine of the angle from that axis. Once you understand it, you can make anything fly by measuring motor distances and angles from the CG.
Oooh! Is this detailed in writing anywhere?
5th is online now Find More Posts by 5th
Old Mar 07, 2013, 04:28 PM
Joined Jan 2010
3,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th View Post
+ cos (1). I can do the math but need a roadmap to what the values in the mixer table represent.
kaptondave is offline Find More Posts by kaptondave
Old Mar 07, 2013, 06:06 PM
United States, NC, Tryon
Joined Sep 2005
211 Posts
I'm having trouble for some reason in trying to flash 1.5 to my KK2. I keep getting this message:

1 file(s) copied.

C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\Simons' bs\KK2 Firmware>java -jar kkMulticopterFlashTool
.jar
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\Simons' bs\KK2 Firmware>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I've downlaoded java and checked to see that it's working... The first windows command file only flashes on the screen and doesn't open, this is the second command file. Any ideas?
soarsimon is offline Find More Posts by soarsimon
Old Mar 07, 2013, 06:39 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2006
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarsimon View Post
I'm having trouble for some reason in trying to flash 1.5 to my KK2. I keep getting this message:

1 file(s) copied.

C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\Simons' bs\KK2 Firmware>java -jar kkMulticopterFlashTool
.jar

I've downlaoded java and checked to see that it's working... The first windows command file only flashes on the screen and doesn't open, this is the second command file. Any ideas?
Sounds like you have a 64 bit version of Windows. Go to the Java site and install the 64 bit version. It does not install by default, even if you have a 64 bit system.
JBPiantanida is offline Find More Posts by JBPiantanida
Old Mar 07, 2013, 06:57 PM
United States, NC, Tryon
Joined Sep 2005
211 Posts
Aha, that would make sense as, yes...I do have the 64 bit version. Thanks'
Old Mar 07, 2013, 07:36 PM
Sandy Hook, VA USA
Joined Jul 2010
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarsimon View Post

1 file(s) copied.

.jar

I have had the same problem a few posts back. I have Windows 8 X64 also. Use IE to download Java as it will download the 64 bit version. But that won't completely fix the problem. The site you downloaded the tool from:

software
KKMulticopter Flashtool
http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool

has questions/answers at the end and it addresses this. It's that Java is not in the path command. To get to it in Version 8 go to:
Control panel > System and Security > System > (on left side) Advanced system settings > Environment Variables... > System Variables and scroll down to Path and select that. Now select Edit. Edit System Variable window will open with Variable value highlighted. This is where you ADD the path to Java. I had to add this:
;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\
To the end of the string. Your path might be different. After you add that to the end hit OK a few times to exit. Now for that to take effect you need to reboot. After the reboot go back and check that what you added is still there. Now try that cmd again. I believe this should help.
Cliff
colsen2715 is offline Find More Posts by colsen2715
Old Mar 07, 2013, 08:23 PM
United States, NC, Tryon
Joined Sep 2005
211 Posts
Got the Flash tool loaded and had to spend some time figuring out how to load the driver (what a pain) but now that it's done and I've got v1.5...WOW is this thing sweet! The self leveling is amazing, it snaps back to level about as fast as "atti" on my naza's. Pretty nice for a $30 board, actually it's pretty nice for a board 2 or 3 times that price. A great big thanks to Kaptain K and all the others that have worked to make this thing so awesome! Now I'm off to order a couple more... and to do some "catch-up" on this thread...
Old Mar 07, 2013, 10:55 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonestockz06 View Post
Hey guys, I just setup a DJI 450 with HobbyKing Multi-Rotor Control Board V2.1 (Atmega168PA). I took most of the day today learning and setting the board up. I finally got it flying but I noticed my it Yaws right on it's own after a little of hovering and throttle is kind of non-linear so to speak, causing it to constantly slam down and jerk back up.

It's like if I go a hair under half throttle, it just falls out of the skies and if I go above, it shoots up so I have to be constantly working the throttle up and down to keep it hovering semi steady. Any clues?

I using Plush esc's. I also have that lazy #4 motor issue, did they ever come out with a fix? Pardon my lack of knowledge on this, I'm very new to quads.
Having gains set too hight can do that.

Also, that is what Height Dampening was made to help with.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Mar 07, 2013, 10:59 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,504 Posts
I was flying my 355 x quad today and noticed that if I punched the throttle 75%+ I would get a little bit of a turn to the left. I'm not 100% certain that it isn't my fingers tracking perfectly with rudders at 0 - but I did try it many times to try and avoid that and I think it might not be me. Is this likely a motor issue?
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:15 PM
United States
Joined Mar 2006
2,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
I was flying my 355 x quad today and noticed that if I punched the throttle 75%+ I would get a little bit of a turn to the left. I'm not 100% certain that it isn't my fingers tracking perfectly with rudders at 0 - but I did try it many times to try and avoid that and I think it might not be me. Is this likely a motor issue?
I had the same problem too, but it was my dumb thumbs (well I am a pincher). Try this, throttle up then let the throttle stick go for a second, you should have your answer in one second
--Oz-- is online now Find More Posts by --Oz--
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:20 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz-- View Post
I had the same problem too, but it was my dumb thumbs (well I am a pincher). Try this, throttle up then let the throttle stick go for a second, you should have your answer in one second
Yeah, you're probably right. I have 2 quads with very similar specs. I'll try it with both tomorrow and see how that goes!
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:42 PM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptondave View Post
+ cos (1). I can do the math but need a roadmap to what the values in the mixer table represent.
Here is a post I made to try to help a guy that wanted to rotate his KK2 45 degrees in his tri.

You want the numbers at the end. In particular, it describes how each value is derived from (100 times) a sine or cosine of the angle of that motor to a particular rotation (pitch or roll) axis.

I haven't looked at the code, I just looked at what values got loaded in the editor by the the quad+ quadx and tri motor configurations and made some educated guesses that matched the numbers. It seems to pass the "does this make sense" test.

I am guessing about how to scale it for unequal length arms. I am guessing that for roll and pitch you decrease the numbers for shorter arms, by the ratio of lengths with longest arm being 1.0. That makes sense if you consider mounting a motor right in the middle on the CG. It would have zero roll or pitch response. For yaw I would guess that you increase the numbers for shorter arms because an infinitely long arm would give you zero yaw and mounting the motor right in the center would give the strongest yaw.

Remember that the physical arm angles and lengths aren't what is important, it is the angle and length from the CG to the motor. That is why an H is actually set up as an X. A symmetric Xquad with a heavy camera on one end can be made to fly a little better by measuring angles and lengths from where the CG really is instead of just assuming it is in the middle.

All this assumes that your motors are displaced only horizontally from the CG, not like that high mounted tail motor on that scorpion tri. It also assumes that you are running the same motor in all positions and the same size prop in all positions and that all motors blow straight down (or close to it like a normal tri tail motor).
Last edited by theothercliff; Mar 07, 2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:52 PM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Sounds like all of your motors and props are not equal.

If your copter is already properly tuned, you could try increasing your yaw limit or reducing your max throttle setting.

If your copter is not tuned as tight as it will go, you could even try increasing your yaw I gain.