HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:45 AM
Joined Jun 2008
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstoys View Post
Supply and demand. Unless you live near a large Amish community, clotheslines seem to be going the way of the rotary phone.
None in my neighborhood anymore......!!!
N3SHXX is offline Find More Posts by N3SHXX
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:57 AM
Joined Jun 2008
372 Posts
Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
The true solution is to go beyond recycling RC parts from other hobbies and actually start developing better control protocols that PWM. The FC should be able to speak a reliable protocol with the ESC's, possibly even bidirectional so the ESCs could signal a stalled or runaway motor.
I agree, as long as they could keep the price down, $29.95 is a real bargain for the KK2.0 board......!!!
N3SHXX is offline Find More Posts by N3SHXX
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:31 AM
RC flying addiction
Joined Dec 2012
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3SHXX View Post
I Normally I do not respond to childish questions on forums or in real life , but I will make an exception since you seem to be obsessed with "my(yours) solution is the best"...!!! I choose to type my way since so many nowadays use smart phones with tiny screens and it makes it easier to read and respond. Alot of the time I also use a small "netbook" for the web and the tiny print can sometimes be a challenge. But the main reason is simply I like to reply that way, to each his own, can`t imagine why it bothers you. My point of posting the thread on the switch I built was just for info for others with open minds, its what this forum is all about, sharing ideas and info to make the hobby more fun and interesting, and not implying that my way is the best solution. I have read back thru some of your posts and you seem to put posters on defense, and your way is the best way. I suggest if you don`t like the way I post then you can use the "Block Feature" on this forum....!!!!
I wish I could agree with your logic for using large blue text.

To me it represents a childish expression to draw attention to your posts.
Mission accomplished!
RC_Adik is offline Find More Posts by RC_Adik
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:38 AM
Joined Jan 2010
3,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Adik View Post

Mission accomplished!
Ditto RC_Addict, and problem solved.
kaptondave is offline Find More Posts by kaptondave
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:47 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,261 Posts
I guess I must have special capabilities, since I'm able to push the two buttons with two fingers, holding a connector with two of the three remaining ones while inserting the other connector with the free hand.
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:52 AM
5th
Mediocre Pilot Extraordinaire
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2012
430 Posts
I just plug in my battery and press the buttons. The startup delay is long enough for me. :shrug:
5th is offline Find More Posts by 5th
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:21 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Adik View Post

Mission accomplished!
Agreed... it is not your responsibility to make sure our phones are working right. Please just use the normal type and let us worry about our devices and how legible they are. On my phone I can read all normal text just fine but your posts are a huge speed bump, interrupting the flow of the page and ruining the user experience. So please, stop doing that, I'm asking you nicely.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:04 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,554 Posts
A simple way to calibrate the kk2 escs

Here is the mechanical switch version to power the kk2

Calibrate ESC's using the KK2 Board (0 min 50 sec)

Which is actually on the first page of this thread.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: KK2.1 V1.17S1 Updated Firmware
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:51 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
I sure hope people won't be using this method! It's the best way to hurt yourself out in the field like I did on a dark evening without any tools. I was new and tried this because the board resets itself when the power is cut from here, I ended up cutting two of my fingers with a prop that broke on them. It has been mentioned before, but i'll mention it again, if the props are on and you happen to not get both buttons or one comes back up, the props will go full speed ahead! I have also found that using a throttle cut switch like in a heli does the exact same thing. I tried it and the board esc's need to get re-calibrated every time I cut the throttle this way too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
Here is the mechanical switch version to power the kk2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAaO6lyN0HI

Which is actually on the first page of this thread.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:04 PM
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2012
879 Posts
Quote:
I Normally I do not respond to childish questions on forums or in real life , but I will make an exception since you seem to be obsessed with "my(yours) solution is the best"...!!! I choose to type my way since so many nowadays use smart phones with tiny screens and it makes it easier to read and respond. Alot of the time I also use a small "netbook" for the web and the tiny print can sometimes be a challenge. But the main reason is simply I like to reply that way, to each his own, can`t imagine why it bothers you. My point of posting the thread on the switch I built was just for info for others with open minds, its what this forum is all about, sharing ideas and info to make the hobby more fun and interesting, and not implying that my way is the best solution. I have read back thru some of your posts and you seem to put posters on defense, and your way is the best way. I suggest if you don`t like the way I post then you can use the "Block Feature" on this forum....!!!!
I agree, I am legally blind and I need large text to be able to read. The forum is so challenging, it takes me 10 minutes to read a post if it doesn't have oversized text
quad007 is online now Find More Posts by quad007
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:11 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
I'm sure large text would be fine now that you mentioned that, but if you could keep it black, that would help the rest of us who can see. As you can see the change in text size and color tends to jump out at those who's sight is fine. I think they'll be fine with larger text, just try to keep it black to make the flow the same and we all can help each other. Next time you may want to clear that out at the beginning of any forums you use, it would save you some grief since we can't tell if someone is legally blind or has other needs. I'm sure people will be more understanding once they know that.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Feb 14, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:30 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I sure hope people won't be using this method! It's the best way to hurt yourself out in the field like I did on a dark evening without any tools. I was new and tried this because the board resets itself when the power is cut from here, I ended up cutting two of my fingers with a prop that broke on them. It has been mentioned before, but i'll mention it again, if the props are on and you happen to not get both buttons or one comes back up, the props will go full speed ahead! I have also found that using a throttle cut switch like in a heli does the exact same thing. I tried it and the board esc's need to get re-calibrated every time I cut the throttle this way too.
That's why there are no props on the motors.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: KK2.1 V1.17S1 Updated Firmware
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:43 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstoys View Post
No need to modify the clothespins - just reverse the wooden pieces. Applies just the right amount of pressure to the push button.
Here is the perhaps standard way of making a long reach clip from a clothespin.

Use the notch for the straight end piece for the middle spring and the notch for the spring for the straight end pieces.

By the way, standard clothespins have gotten really cheaply made. They still make them like they used to, but you have to look for "craft or hobby grade" clothespins in the crafts section.

The longer lever gives reduced tension.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:59 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Normally I do not respond to childish questions on forums or in real life , but I will make an exception since you seem to be obsessed with "my(yours) solution is the best"...!!! I choose to type my way since so many nowadays use smart phones with tiny screens and it makes it easier to read and respond.
So rather that adjust the text size of your device, you post with a huge font. That is called shouting for a good reason.

You choose to make everyone else conform to your mis configured device.

Quote:
I suggest if you don`t like the way I post then you can use the "Block Feature" on this forum....!!!!
Thank you for the suggestion. PLONK.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:19 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
Sure, but that still doesn't take away that the board still gets reset from pulling off that pin. I forgot who mentioned it earlier, but it had something to do with the board needing to be fed power before going into the settings or something to that effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
That's why there are no props on the motors.
RCG Plus Member