Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,596 Posts
Anyone knows where I can find a buzzer for the integrated the low voltage lipo alarm? I lost mine.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:05 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder_lander View Post
Great video which makes it a lot clearer for me, many thanks!

I'm finding it difficult to source the all nylon standoffs in the UK, would these do? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20x-Nylon-...item53ec1bb395
That should work
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:44 PM
United Kingdom, England, Stone
Joined May 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
That should work
Cheers ordered and gone for some metal nuts with nyloc
wonder_lander is offline Find More Posts by wonder_lander
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:13 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Anyone knows where I can find a buzzer for the integrated the low voltage lipo alarm? I lost mine.

Best,
Chris
Buy one of these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=7223
and remove the buzzer and use it.
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:32 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,634 Posts
kapteinkuk I just got my kk2 board and ready to do some testing. Was wondering if I save the eeprom will that put settings back to "factory" if I write it back? Thought I would grab a copy of everything since it is still fresh and noncrashed yet
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:39 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post

Best,
Chris
I didn't mount my buzzer because all it does is beep when I hit buttons. Without a flight pack voltage sensor, I don't know how it could be used as a "time to land" alarm. If you guys already found a way to add a sensor I'd like to know how... in fact I'd love to have an integrated low voltage LED for FPV use.

BTW, I got my kk2 quad up and flying today. It flew well out of the box in X config. I got some video after I reduced P to 135 and scaling to 50:

DJI 450 Flamewheel Frame
KK2 Flight Controller (gyro tape mounted, scaling=50, Pgain=135)
HK SS30A-HW esc's (simonK'd)
AX 2213n Motors (stock)
Turnigy Nanotech 3s2200 45C lipo
TGS 1045sf props
Orange 6 Rx w/ satellite
TGY 5A UBEC (for FPV later on)

DJI 450 Quadcopter w/ KK2 Controller (8 min 30 sec)

The first minute or so was with SL off. The remainder of the flight, after you see me land and flick the switch, was with SL turned on. Scaling obviously has to go up if I want to flip it, but not sure if I should work on that slight wobble first... flies well bot sort of annoying, and for FPV would suck. I haven't spent any time balancing anything yet, so that may help.

What do you all think about that wobble... reduce Pgain more?

...and Thank You Rolf!!!
Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:05 PM
T.ing to put on air 100 models
Switzerland
Joined Feb 2008
646 Posts
Hi,

Q: How to reverse the yaw gyro for a tricopter?
A: Go to the "Mixer Editor" and change the channel (number to the upper right) to 4 where the yaw servo is connected. Then change the "rudder" mix value to -100.

Is this true if I want to use reverse rotating propellers on a quad (CCW, CW, CCW, CW) ?

Ric
chiloschista is online now Find More Posts by chiloschista
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:25 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,111 Posts
Motor one is slower than the other motors. So my quad wants to flip over motor one. So I'm kinda stuck and I don't know. I re calibrated the throttle the old way. Connect the ESC from motor one to the throttle channel (channel three) to my Eurgle receiver. TX (remote) throttle to max and power on the ESC. I hear one beep, two beeps then I move the throttle down to idle. Then a different tone sounds and i disconnect battery. Put everything back and it's the same. I'm I doing something wrong? I've done this with the other motors and they're ok.
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:28 PM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2004
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite View Post
I didn't mount my buzzer because all it does is beep when I hit buttons. Without a flight pack voltage sensor, I don't know how it could be used as a "time to land" alarm. If you guys already found a way to add a sensor I'd like to know how...
You have to solder at least a positive battery lead to the board. How-to video link:

KK2 Voltage Alarm Setup (7 min 21 sec)
pbmax is offline Find More Posts by pbmax
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:28 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiloschista View Post
Hi,

Q: How to reverse the yaw gyro for a tricopter?
A: Go to the "Mixer Editor" and change the channel (number to the upper right) to 4 where the yaw servo is connected. Then change the "rudder" mix value to -100.

Is this true if I want to use reverse rotating propellers on a quad (CCW, CW, CCW, CW) ?

Ric
That question and answer is nothing to do with a Quad which should be using 2 CCW and 2 Cw props.
Check motor layout for correct rotation and placement of each prop.

My KK2 finally turned up today after three and a half weeks.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Apr 2010
1,365 Posts
Quote:
If you guys already found a way to add a sensor I'd like to know how...
This cell tester works perfectly :
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...wt&goodsid=569
Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Mortimer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 5V Power Supply
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:55 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
I have one similiar to that if not the same...what is the suggested setting on that for 3s and 4s?

Mine is set to 3.8 and it seems to go off after like 2 minutes...but there is PLENTY of juice left in the battery...what is the recommended voltage to leave per cell?

Sorry i know its off topic..
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:39 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
877 Posts
For tricopter owners with kk2, I just went from mg analog servo to a $12 digital solar mg D657 servo from hobbypartz . With ch4 servo setting to high, she's not doing the 1/3-1/2 inch tail servo wobble. rock solid.
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Last edited by shelterock; Jul 20, 2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Correction
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:20 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
I just got a 3th kk on the new one under the mix editor the setting were
Thr. 100
Ail 0
Ele 100
Rud 100
Off set 0
On the one I got last week the Ail was. - 71 what would this change

Thanks
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:53 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
I didn't mount my buzzer because all it does is beep when I hit buttons. Without a flight pack voltage sensor, I don't know how it could be used as a "time to land" alarm. If you guys already found a way to add a sensor I'd like to know how... in fact I'd love to have an integrated low voltage LED for FPV use.
A "time to land alarm" is what the beeper is for, not just for beeping when you hit buttons!

Please read the first post in this thread, it contains instructions.

"Q: How does the low voltage alarm work? I can not see any connections for input V?
A: The Battery voltage input is the unpopulated hole to the left of the yellow component. Connect a cable from battery+ to this hole. The ground return is through Output #1's ground wire. Go to "Misc. Settings", "Alarm 1/10 volts:" to set the threshold. It is in 1/10 volts, so 10.5V is entered as "105". The LVC is only active when battery voltage is below the limit. When it goes above, it stops. Also it beeps faster the lower the voltage is below the limit. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
It really depends on the particular mems sensors used.
These sensors are the same as used on KK+ mems addon board and also similar to OP CC board.
I've been flying both these boards using nylon standoffs with no problems at all.

Infact, somone on KK+ thread soft mounted their board and had problems (sorry, can't find the video) because of it!
Quite true, you cant soft mount them. I tried mounting a Crius board with velcro, epic failure, it moved around too much, the double sided foam or gyro foam seem the best.

To the people that say just balance your props and motors, for sure, that's given, but it wont make them silent, if you can hear your quad then so can the sensors.

Just waving a piece of frame material back and forth thought the air is often enough to make it vibrate, let alone at the speeds a quad can move when you are doing aerobatics. With the KK and KK2 it's very hard to tell if you have a resonance, with the MultiWii GUI it's a lot easier as you can see it graphically and apply a LPF if necessary, but it still doesn't tell you if you have one whilst moving through the air.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Last edited by Erknie; Jul 20, 2012 at 08:00 PM.