HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:48 AM
Joined Jul 2012
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator315 View Post
Is it true that naza can't do acro like that?
I've never used one, so I can't comment.

But I do agree, love the Kk2.

http://youtu.be/qCmLv-dvf6k
Well my buddy with 2 NAZA's can't. He can do large flips and rolls, but not tight like those. And I've been doing a corner flip, the NAZA freaks out when he tried it.
Creepin22 is offline Find More Posts by Creepin22
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:00 AM
iMultirotors
Australia, NSW, Shellharbour
Joined Aug 2012
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepin22 View Post
Well my buddy with 2 NAZA's can't. He can do large flips and rolls, but not tight like those. And I've been doing a corner flip, the NAZA freaks out when he tried it.
Maybe it's something to do with his settings, or is the naza geared more towards stability and not really designed for acro?

I think I did a corner flip in my vid. The KK2 handles any maneuver I can do.
Senator315 is offline Find More Posts by Senator315
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:52 AM
iMultirotors
Australia, NSW, Shellharbour
Joined Aug 2012
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
at around 5.5 lbs you should have a great flying machine. My octo is no 550 quad but flys very nicely although it is a bit slower in response because of the weight.
Just finished it and the AUW with 2 x 2200mAh 4S is 1990 grams or 4.3872lb.

I'm very happy with weight, I expected it to weigh more, so this is great. Still, I'm only expecting around 3min flight time in this config

Once I tune the KK2 I'll put it through it's paces and see what batteries I'll need to get at least 7-8min.

Took the pic on the car so you can see the size of it.
Senator315 is offline Find More Posts by Senator315
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:10 AM
nr Flitwick Beds UK
Joined Feb 2005
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
Thought id let you all know that i got the flash tool to work...didnt have the .JAR extension listed in the textpath in th system variables...

So thanks to everyone who gave me ideas and tried to help me out
It seems I'm have the same issue as you..... I'm getting the following message (using Win 7 64bit ---- Java 7 ----- Firefox)

Have the USBasp drivers installed OK ...... but really struggling with the KKflashtool ...... tried both v0.70 & v0.53 without success.

and a little bit

Thanks in anticipation.....
nixy is offline Find More Posts by nixy
Last edited by nixy; Feb 14, 2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:14 AM
Croatia, Osijek-Baranja County, Valpovo
Joined Jul 2011
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixy View Post
It seems I'm have the same issue as you..... I'm getting the following message (using Win 7 64bit ---- Java 7 ----- Firefox)

Have the USBasp drivers installed OK ...... but really struggling with the KKflashtool ...... tried both v0.70 & v0.53 with success.

and a little bit

Thanks in anticipation.....
You need 64 bit Java for x64 bit windows kkflashtool
srepfler is offline Find More Posts by srepfler
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:11 AM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,882 Posts
i recall having to use the latest internet explorer to download the 64 bit java as well .firefox isnt 64 bit if i recall correctly .i know for sure i had to use the latest ie explorer to download it .
helizrnew2me is online now Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:29 AM
nr Flitwick Beds UK
Joined Feb 2005
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srepfler View Post
You need 64 bit Java for x64 bit windows kkflashtool
Yes, I read that. Pretty sure Java 7 U13 is 64 bit.

Anyway, I reinstalled it.
Then..... realised I should have extracted all files first !!!!......D'oh!!
Then double click the file called kkMulticopterFlashTool_SERIAL.cmd
Than doubleclick run.

IT WORKED!!

next thing .....which programmer?? I have the USBasp AVR from HobbyKing......there are about 30 to chose from in the drop down box .
nixy is offline Find More Posts by nixy
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:21 AM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2006
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixy View Post
Yes, I read that. Pretty sure Java 7 U13 is 64 bit.

Anyway, I reinstalled it.
Then..... realised I should have extracted all files first !!!!......D'oh!!
Then double click the file called kkMulticopterFlashTool_SERIAL.cmd
Than doubleclick run.

IT WORKED!!

next thing .....which programmer?? I have the USBasp AVR from HobbyKing......there are about 30 to chose from in the drop down box .
I have the same and use "Any usbasp clone with correct vid/pid (usbasp-clone)"
JBPiantanida is offline Find More Posts by JBPiantanida
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:27 AM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator315 View Post
Just finished it and the AUW with 2 x 2200mAh 4S is 1990 grams or 4.3872lb.

I'm very happy with weight, I expected it to weigh more, so this is great. Still, I'm only expecting around 3min flight time in this config

Once I tune the KK2 I'll put it through it's paces and see what batteries I'll need to get at least 7-8min.

Took the pic on the car so you can see the size of it.
wow! 4.38 lbs with 4200ma available should easy go 7 minutes. Waiting for the vid
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:40 AM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Friend of mine borrow me 360 servo and when connected on KK2
it spins, not like normal servo.

How to setup 360 servo on KK2 gimball?
Do you mean that it spins in the opposite direction or do you mean that it spins around and around and around and ...

For opposite direction, change servo reversing in transmitter. For opposite direction of camera stabilization, you go negative instead of positive in the "gains" in Camera Stabilization.

For spinning around and around, you must understand that that direction of the servo travel has gone too far. You must keep it from going that far in that direction. Exactly how depends on what you are using the servo for. If for camera, go to Camera Stab Settings in KK2 and you can reduce the gain (reduces travel in both directions) or change the offset (reduces travel in one direction and increases it in the other direction).
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Last edited by theothercliff; Feb 13, 2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:53 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Friend of mine borrow me 360 servo and when connected on KK2
it spins, not like normal servo.

How to setup 360 servo on KK2 gimball?
If you mean it runs more like a motor than a servo, you can't use it for camstab ( at least not with a KK2 ). Plug it into a servo channel and take it off 0 ( centered ), does it spin and not stop, then it's not going to work.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:05 PM
Joined Apr 2009
93 Posts
I have been all the way through this thread. and haven't seen my problem addressed so here goes. I have a KK2 board is flashed with 1.4 and is installed on a tricopter. I have three new ECSs pre-flashed with Simonk that I have been able to calibrate through the throttle channel and then one by one through the board. The board arms and the motors respond but will only go to about half throttle. There is almost enough thrust to get the craft off the ground but not quite. I have hooked the motors and ESCs directly to the receiver and they have plenty of power. I have re-calibrated the ESCs till I am blue in the face. The receiver, ECSs and motors all work fine when not connected to the board. When I try them through the board I get half throttle. I have placed the values on stick scaling to zero with no improvement. Any ideas? Thanks
Bhamflyer is offline Find More Posts by Bhamflyer
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:26 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhamflyer View Post
I have been all the way through this thread. and haven't seen my problem addressed so here goes. I have a KK2 board is flashed with 1.4 and is installed on a tricopter. I have three new ECSs pre-flashed with Simonk that I have been able to calibrate through the throttle channel and then one by one through the board. The board arms and the motors respond but will only go to about half throttle. There is almost enough thrust to get the craft off the ground but not quite. I have hooked the motors and ESCs directly to the receiver and they have plenty of power. I have re-calibrated the ESCs till I am blue in the face. The receiver, ECSs and motors all work fine when not connected to the board. When I try them through the board I get half throttle. I have placed the values on stick scaling to zero with no improvement. Any ideas? Thanks
In the receiver test screen, does the throttle response appear clean and mostly linear?
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:24 PM
Joined Apr 2009
93 Posts
Originally Posted by Bhamflyer View Post
In the receiver test screen, does the throttle response appear clean and mostly linear?

Yes. It starts at zero and advances to "Full" or above depending on the value of the throttle range in my transmitter. (I tried 100% max as well as 125% and 150%)
Bhamflyer is offline Find More Posts by Bhamflyer
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:42 PM
Joined Jun 2008
404 Posts
Esc. Switch

We all know it can be frustrating at times calibrating ESC`s and listening for the proper confirmation Beeps, only to find out we accidentally released one or both of the buttons on the KK2.0 board and had to start the sequence all over again. I made up an inline switch to make life alot easier when calibrating.....!!! Less than 1/2 hour to make for a permanent solution to the sometimes headache proceedure. I am surprised that HK or someone else doesn`t sell one, could be a good seller and inexpensive to make....!!!
N3SHXX is online now Find More Posts by N3SHXX