HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:12 PM
Tasmania, Australia
Joined Aug 2004
1,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Is this KK board better than a NAZA?
Depends on what you want to do. Naza is great if your wallet is a little too heavy. ...
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:15 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Depends on what you want to do. Naza is great if your wallet is a little too heavy. ...
So, you are saying the NAZA is no different to this KK board other then price?. Thanks I thought the NAZA might offer some simpler more refined functions then the KK does I guess I was wrong. I will order the KK thanks for your honest review!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:18 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
I don't think anyone have succeeded in making the KK2.0 controller work as a FBL controller in a helicopter (not even the guy that published the video that you linked to). I guess the vibrations will make it unflyable.
Thanks!
karee2 is offline Find More Posts by karee2
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:19 PM
RC flying addiction
Joined Dec 2012
236 Posts
Quote:
So, you are saying the NAZA is no different to this KK board other then price?. Thanks I thought the NAZA might offer some simpler more refined functions then the KK does I guess I was wrong. I will order the KK thanks for your honest review!
Here is a link to a NAZA build thread that like any FC needs PI tuning: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1806682

Great FC, you just have to go home/or connect to a computer to tune it.
RC_Adik is offline Find More Posts by RC_Adik
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:24 PM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
Quote:
i think just for two big reasons, price and simplicity, make it a perfect choice for a first flight controller.

super cheap. could even buy extras at that cost.

has an lcd screen and buttons so you can make PID changes in the field in seconds. with a naza, you have to haul a laptop around, or take your copter inside to make changes. pain in the rear.

i hear for "features", the naza wins. like 'return to home' via gps and stuff if you lose radio link. but for "stunt" flying, the kk handles better from what i've heard.
serrated is offline Find More Posts by serrated
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:24 PM
Tasmania, Australia
Joined Aug 2004
1,915 Posts
Quote:
I did not claim that a tall .. sorry. I'm sure the DJI products are fantastic .. all the advertising hype tells us so.
All systems have their stron and weak points and their bugs and problems. It is just a matter of how you work with them, and what you are trying to achieve.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:28 PM
Tasmania, Australia
Joined Aug 2004
1,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated View Post
i think just for two big reasons, price and simplicity, make it a perfect choice for a first flight controller.

super cheap. could even buy extras at that cost.

has an lcd screen and buttons so you can make PID changes in the field in seconds. with a naza, you have to haul a laptop around, or take your copter inside to make changes. pain in the rear.

i hear for "features", the naza wins. like 'return to home' via gps and stuff if you lose radio link. but for "stunt" flying, the kk handles better from what i've heard.
Full house naza has gps, rth etc etc, and is very impressive. You can lift into a hover, then go away and make a coffee. Come back and it will still be there ... amazing. Could buy a whole carton of KK2.0 for the same money though and actually fly them. Depends on what you want to do.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:59 PM
who put that tree there
Joined Jun 2010
798 Posts
uk buddy code kk2 board

uk buddycode for kk2 board for 11.27 if anyone wants one..
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...0-9FD9AA50DF91
dazza44 is online now Find More Posts by dazza44
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:11 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Sep 2004
703 Posts
I remember reading a while ago that it was taboo to use metal standoffs and bolts through the KK2 board in case it shorted any of the copper traces. Is that still the case, or can you use metal bolts/standoffs, etc. now?
flyboy320 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy320
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:27 PM
Tasmania, Australia
Joined Aug 2004
1,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy320 View Post
I remember reading a while ago that it was taboo to use metal standoffs and bolts through the KK2 board in case it shorted any of the copper traces. Is that still the case, or can you use metal bolts/standoffs, etc. now?
Its not okay with any flight board to use metal fastenings, unless its a full encased job like the naza etc
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:32 PM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
There are some traces near the mounting holes. Best to use nylon standoff's on any board only flight controller, two reasons, non conductivity and in a crash the standoff's are more likely to break before the board. I use 15mm nylon to mount the board and the same on top so I can mount / dismount the board without the use of any tools that may slip and damage the board.

Hope that helps.

Pete.

@ Kaz.... I am too slow.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:21 PM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Full house naza has gps, rth etc etc, and is very impressive. You can lift into a hover, then go away and make a coffee. Come back and it will still be there ... amazing. Could buy a whole carton of KK2.0 for the same money though and actually fly them. Depends on what you want to do.
yeah it's pretty awesome. it's inspired me to start writing some code.

my idea: why code and design a whole new board, when great ones like the kk2.0 exist?

so i figured i could let the kk2.0 handle the stability/motor control/leveling. then put an arduino between the receiver and the kk2.0. with channel 5 on my radio switched off, the arduino just passes channels 1 through 4 straight out my digital pins to the kk2.0. if i turn channel 5 on, the arduino takes over and gives the kk2.0 commands via code. (autopilot, versus controlling it via the transmitter)

i've got the basics coded and working. just need to do some actual flight tests.

i've coded in support for my MTK3339 gps unit. it locks quickly and is very accurate. the only thing i haven't implemented yet is a magnetometer. i can get heading via the gps, but that's only acquired if the craft is moving. i'm sure it'll be fun trying to tune the magnetometer with high current electronics on board, not to mention the magnets in the motors. oh well, should be a fun project.
serrated is offline Find More Posts by serrated
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:56 PM
Joined Jan 2010
3,111 Posts
Quote:
Some of the early KK2s had traces very close to the holes. The newer ones are better but it is still best to use nylon. Better still is to use double-side adhesive foam. That provides some vibration isolation and no possibility of shorts. When I want to stack the KK2 with a power distribution board, etc., I use a 50 mm plywood square as the top layer, with counter-sink holes for the threaded fasteners (metal OK) then stick the KK2 to that.
kaptondave is offline Find More Posts by kaptondave
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:03 PM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
773 Posts
Where does one get these KK2 boards along with a power distribution board ??

New at this stuff [ not with RC though ] thanxx
Tom Eutsler is online now Find More Posts by Tom Eutsler
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:05 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2006
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Eutsler View Post
Where does one get these KK2 boards along with a power distribution board ??

New at this stuff [ not with RC though ] thanxx
KK2.0 board:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rol_Board.html

And if you look under multi-rotor in the left menu you will find all you need to get started.
JBPiantanida is offline Find More Posts by JBPiantanida