HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:42 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landor View Post
I'm using an X quad copter (Bumblebee frame) and I have selected from TGY 9X the Heli 4 type.
The swash mix is like this:
PIT 60
AIL 60
ELE 60
I have no idea about the TGY 9X or what Heli 4 type is but my guess is it should be Heli 0 or Heli 1 type...
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:49 AM
Joined Feb 2013
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I have no idea about the TGY 9X or what Heli 4 type is but my guess is it should be Heli 0 or Heli 1 type...
TGY 9X has diffrent modes
Heli:
HELI 1
HELI 2
HELI 3 - for tricopters
HELI 4 - for quadcopters
Acro
Glide

From KK2 board I have selected quadrocopter X mode.
Landor is offline Find More Posts by Landor
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:08 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,713 Posts
Yeah - I just checked the manual - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...26x11510x2.pdf

Section 7.3.0.

Use HELI1 and see if it works better.
All the mixing is done in the KK2 so you don't need it in the TX as well.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:34 AM
Custom Multirotors
Australia, NSW, Shellharbour
Joined Aug 2012
823 Posts
Landor, set it to acro mode, you don't want any mixing in the TX at all.
Senator315 is online now Find More Posts by Senator315
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:38 AM
Joined Feb 2013
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator315 View Post
Landor, set it to acro mode, you don't want any mixing in the TX at all.
Hey! It worked with Heli 1! Tahnk you very much!

I have solved one problem, but now I can see that M1 is spinning diferrently.
I push Throttle 15%, all motors are spinning wiht even rpm. After 5 second, M1 is increasing speed automaticly. After that, I push Thrtottle 40% all motors raises speed, but only M3 has the same rpm with M1. The other M2 and M4 are slower.

It could be another wrog setting?

Thank you!
Landor is offline Find More Posts by Landor
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:54 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,713 Posts
Hehe! Cool!

For M1/M3 issue...
You may need to reverse your Yaw setting. Instead of 100% put -100% and try the same test.
If the behaviour is the same then you might just have to try getting into the air and let the gyros work their stuff out. You'll know pretty quickly if the gyro is reversed because rotation/yaw control will be impossible.
The other things to check are:
do your motors spin the right way as per the motor layout diagram?
do you have any vibrations in your frame?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:02 AM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Quote:

I push Throttle 15%, all motors are spinning wiht even rpm. After 5 second, M1 is increasing speed automaticly. After that, I push Thrtottle 40% all motors raises speed, but only M3 has the same rpm with M1. The other M2 and M4 are slower.

Thank you!
You need to tune and trim your KK2 / copter. What you see is the "I" term winding up.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:19 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2012
279 Posts
What could cause this hickup 20 seconds into the video below?
was flying FPV yesterday and the quad was about 150 yards away.

i have already swapped out the RX (for turnigy 9X). This problem was alot worse before i positioned the RX antenna vertically on the quad.

The transmitter is highest on my suspicion list...could it possibly be the KK2? i have had a pretty bad wreck onto cement before.

20130209 Quad FPV scouting site 2 (0 min 57 sec)
urbansniper is offline Find More Posts by urbansniper
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:28 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,189 Posts
Lay the antenna down on one arm away from other electronics as much as possible. Just tape it on there if you need to keep it away from the props or anything else. That should help. I also tried doing the vertical and I think that also made it a bit worst. Go figure. I did see the change right aways as soon as I did this. That is the same thing that was happening to my quad, I still don't know exactly what is causing that drop, but at least I know the tx/rx are working so far since I did change to a different brand completely. So I know it's something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbansniper View Post

i have already swapped out the RX (for turnigy 9X). This problem was alot worse before i positioned the RX antenna vertically on the quad.

The transmitter is highest on my suspicion list...could it possibly be the KK2? i have had a pretty bad wreck onto cement before.

http://youtu.be/Irbw-herYAc
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:07 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,068 Posts
KK2-1.5 OctoTOWER MAIDEN Flight

...as promised,hope you guys like it.

KK2-1.5V * OctoTOWER MAIDEN 2 * MY VERSION *Senator315-CoCo2010 PROJECT (5 min 8 sec)
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CO2X 4X4 Rev.02
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:21 PM
Joined Jan 2010
3,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
You need to tune and trim your KK2 / copter. What you see is the "I" term winding up.
Could you elaborate on that?

Kapteinkuk says that the "I" term is like a heading (or throttle position?) hold function, but there is no "I" on throttle.

Are you suggesting that the "I" value is too low, or too high? Which one (pitch/roll or yaw) and how do those affect throttle?
kaptondave is online now Find More Posts by kaptondave
Last edited by kaptondave; Feb 10, 2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:47 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Ulverstone
Joined Aug 2004
2,043 Posts
Quote:

Thank you!
This may not be a problem. If you are happy that your esc's are calibrated. Remove your propellers and hold the quad in your hand approximately level (and not in self level mode). Go to around 30 - 40% throttle, now tilt the quad and see if the motors in the low side speed up. Now hold it level again and put in control. Make sure the motors respond how they should eg left roll ... motors on left side should speed up.
Motors running at odd speeds on the ground is not abnormal. Yaw may be the only one that is hard to test with the props off test.

Pick a nice soft surface for initial flight test. (not concrete paving).
Mark
kaz1104 is online now Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:01 PM
Nederland, Noord-Brabant, Hoogerheide
Joined Mar 2007
506 Posts
Is it normal that if I connect al four motors to the fc, that nothing powers up, if I disconnect m2, everything does start up?

I've got all bec wires still hooked up, the manual says that is not a problem....
BadBert is offline Find More Posts by BadBert
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:23 PM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbansniper View Post

http://youtu.be/Irbw-herYAc
You have answered your own question. It got better with a better receiver antenna placement.

Vertically up or vertically down? I would guess that vertically down would be best.

Imagine the copter in the air where it was when you got the glitch. Imagine it also pointed in the same direction it was pointed. Imagine you on the ground with the transmitter. Was there anything on the copter that was between the receiver antenna and the transmitter antenna at that angle? Like a battery or a metal/carbon plate?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:31 PM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Lay the antenna down on one arm away from other electronics as much as possible.
Based on the way antennas work, it would be my guess that if you have only one receiver antenna, that it should be vertical and your transmitter antenna should also be vertical. Reception is greatly reduced when either antenna is lies along the line between transmitter and receiver. If you mount the receiver antenna horizontally, you will have greatly reduced reception whenever it is pointed straight at you. If mounted vertically, it is only pointed straight at you when it is straight overhead or in loops or sharp banked turns.

If you have two receiver antennas, mount them both horizontal, at 90 degrees to each other, and orient your transmitter antenna horizontally.
Last edited by theothercliff; Feb 10, 2013 at 04:52 PM.