HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:16 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,920 Posts
OK, so I dropped my P gain to 40 and my I gain to 20, and the wobble went away significantly. There is still a little bit present and I can tweak on that. However, when I dropped both numbers, it started acting strangely when descending from a height. When throttling back, it gets unstable, which did not happen before changing the settings. Newbie question: how do I go about getting this tuned right? Changing the P gain helped with the wobble, but now I have a new issue. Do I first set the P then move on to the I.....or, to get it set right, do I need to work on them both at the same time?

Thanks,
Garret
Garret H is offline Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:18 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret H View Post
OK, so I dropped my P gain to 40 and my I gain to 20, and the wobble went away significantly. There is still a little bit present and I can tweak on that. However, when I dropped both numbers, it started acting strangely when descending from a height. When throttling back, it gets unstable, which did not happen before changing the settings. Newbie question: how do I go about getting this tuned right? Changing the P gain helped with the wobble, but now I have a new issue. Do I first set the P then move on to the I.....or, to get it set right, do I need to work on them both at the same time?

Thanks,
Garret
Check first post of this thread
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:35 PM
5th
Mediocre Pilot Extraordinaire
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2012
433 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,
Garret
Any quad with a properly tuned FC will still wobble when descending straight down because it is descending into the turbulent air of its own prop wash. Try descending by diving, or at least with significant forward motion.
5th is online now Find More Posts by 5th
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:06 PM
Joined Jan 2010
3,528 Posts
Quote:
Changing the P gain helped with the wobble, but now I have a new issue. Do I first set the P then move on to the I.....or, to get it set right, do I need to work on them both at the same time?

Thanks,
Garret
I don't have a cut-and-dried answer because I am still learning too.

With I-gain at zero work the P-gain back up until the wobbles come back, then back it off a little and start increasing the I-gain. Try Height Damping to see it it help when reducing throttle.
kaptondave is offline Find More Posts by kaptondave
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:53 PM
I.B.
Joined Oct 2001
563 Posts
Thanks everyone for the tips on trying to emulate NAZA altitude hold, will mess with the heigth dampening first to help hold altitude. And practice flying slow and steady to not PANIC when i get too far away and lose perspective!! Was there any talk of offering GPS, Return to Home, IOC,ect..... as add on features to KK-2.0? We have a fellow who flys with KK board and Fatshark FPV set-up, he dips and rises continully as he flys 200 to 300 yards away, scares me. Once he re-flashes to 1.5 he will like it much better.

Thanks-Bob
IBbob31 is offline Find More Posts by IBbob31
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:00 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
No, add-ons are really out of the question, the hardware just isn't up for that level of customization. For fpv, its just important that the pilot is comfortable with the flight controller, whatever it may be.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:02 AM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Hello,
had a crash with the quad and a button fell. Cannot find it in the grass. Do you know the button reference for the board, to buy and solder?

Thanks!
jvcaetano is offline Find More Posts by jvcaetano
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:03 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
If it is just the plastic push bit i would just use a piece of wood or plastic rod to push contacts together when needed.

If the whole switch came off, replace with a small micro switch.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:53 AM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Feb 2013
435 Posts
You don't say where you live but there is a company called DigiKey in Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA, that certainly sells them. They have a minimum order of $25 I believe, but you could see if they also have the KK2 LCDs and maybe get a spare, connectors, solder, or whatnot. The buttons look to be normally open momentary contact. If you measure the size carefully with a micrometer you can get an exact replacement.

http://www.digikey.com

DigiKey has pretty much everything electronic, I buy from them a fair amount, and have never had any issues with any orders. They also sell programmers for Atmel chip, Atmel chips, LEDs, and on and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcaetano View Post
Hello,
had a crash with the quad and a button fell. Cannot find it in the grass. Do you know the button reference for the board, to buy and solder?

Thanks!
RobertSF is offline Find More Posts by RobertSF
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:16 AM
Joined Jan 2010
3,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcaetano View Post
Hello,

Thanks!
They are called SMD Tactile Switches (SMD = Surface Mount Device)

http://hackaday.com/2008/09/15/tact-...-next-project/
kaptondave is offline Find More Posts by kaptondave
Last edited by kaptondave; Feb 09, 2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:28 AM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Dell-dredd, RobertSF and Kaptondave,

thank you very much for your inputs and solutions. Will search in Digikey EUR or Mouser (as a re-direct from hackaday suggention, from Kaptondave).
Problem solved!

Gentlemen, thank you!
jvcaetano is offline Find More Posts by jvcaetano
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:18 AM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alumina View Post
Ok, so I can't split M1. Does anybody know if there is a way to get another power line from the skywalker quattro ESC?
If I designed it, it would not have any extra, unused components in it.

If you have an extra ESC lying around, use it only for it's BEC.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:23 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,
Garret
I think you will find that to fly better better than a well tuned KK2 you need a well tuned KK2 with flashed ESC's.

You need to tune the KK2 again and calibrate ESC's again after changing to flashed ESC's.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:35 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find some motor shafts? I seem to need some of these now. I got some poictures at the bottom here. And please tell me they don't glue the shaft to the top cover. Mine seems to be. Well this sucks, this shaft seems to be in there pretty tight...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post24086515
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:24 PM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
There is usually a set screw (grub screw) or two.