SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:36 AM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brombo View Post
Hello, i read all the 99 pages of posts and apologize if i lost something..
but now i have a problem that i have not seen written, (sorry if i haven't see it)
i just charged the last KK 1.5 firmware in the KK 2.0 LCD and i have a problem with the throttle.
Now isn't possible to push up fast the throttle becouse i have a strange reaction and the Multirotor crash.. like when you want to make a flip, you push fast the throttle up, just to explain in which case i get this problem..
I made again the ESC Calibration with throttle and Receiver one by one and checked many times the travel.
What can i check to try to solve this kind of problem?
Make sure that all ESC's are set to:
LVC disabled or nicad
startup normal
default timing (unless your motor REQUIRES something different)
brake off

What happens when you (carefully) tie it down and then use that much throttle? Maybe battery drops.

Are all motors and ESC's the same?
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:48 AM
Joined Sep 2009
13 Posts
arGH

Guess this one is bad... HK also had marked the ATMEL with a marker. so it does look like it was marked as a dod but still got shipped out.

image upload

online photo storage
Proteuz is offline Find More Posts by Proteuz
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:05 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
It is recommended that the limits be left at default values. I would leave mine default unless I had a reason to experiment this far away from default. At least be willing to put it back to default for a test if anything acts strangely in the future.
Exactly. That was why I suggested to set it back to the default: 100.

Quote:
A better test than that if you can re-create it is to put an okl 72mhz receiver in it with the antenna hanging straight down and see if the problem goes away.
Maybe they are on 35/36/72 MHz already? There was at least one case where this behaviour was caused by glitch an 72MHz.

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:15 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteuz View Post
Guess this one is bad... HK also had marked the ATMEL with a marker. so it does look like it was marked as a dod but still got shipped out.

image upload

online photo storage
Have you used that programmer connector on a kk2 before? It's not simply 180 degrees round the wrong way? Can you test on another board.
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:55 AM
Croatia, Osijek-Baranja County, Valpovo
Joined Jul 2011
391 Posts
Weight test

Stability with 4 x 2200 3s on quad
like KK2 even more

quad with 4 x 2200 3s 1.8 kg (9 min 28 sec)
srepfler is offline Find More Posts by srepfler
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:43 AM
France, Rhône-Alpes, Grenoble
Joined Sep 2009
10 Posts
hi all i don't know if it's the good place to post but i have a problem with my new kk2.0 board.

i put it on a 450 dji clone where I previouly used a KK board 5.5 blackboard. cell was flyinfg well but no self level possibility. I use now the KK2.0 lcd model and follow the string method to set up PI gain. In quad + mode it fly OK and stable, but X mode is completely unstable with sames settings :ELEV p-gain 75 i gain 45, Yaw gain 60 i gain 30 and same KK board position on the cell.

any idea ? is the "-->" important in X mode ? because my --> indicator is not straight forward in X mode but 45° right forward ( cause the board hole are dedicated for + mode ) should i rotate the board to have the --> straigh foraward in X mode ???? to make the KK2 working in X mode ?

thanks for helps
drepou is offline Find More Posts by drepou
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:01 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drepou View Post
is the "-->" important in X mode ? because my --> indicator is not straight forward in X mode but 45° right forward ( cause the board hole are dedicated for + mode ) should i rotate the board to have the --> straigh foraward in X mode ???? to make the KK2 working in X mode ?
Yes, arrow should point forward, so you have to rotate it.

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:02 AM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drepou View Post
hi all i don't know if it's the good place to post but i have a problem with my new kk2.0 board.

i put it on a 450 dji clone where I previouly used a KK board 5.5 blackboard. cell was flyinfg well but no self level possibility. I use now the KK2.0 lcd model and follow the string method to set up PI gain. In quad + mode it fly OK and stable, but X mode is completely unstable with sames settings :ELEV p-gain 75 i gain 45, Yaw gain 60 i gain 30 and same KK board position on the cell.

any idea ? is the "-->" important in X mode ? because my --> indicator is not straight forward in X mode but 45° right forward ( cause the board hole are dedicated for + mode ) should i rotate the board to have the --> straigh foraward in X mode ???? to make the KK2 working in X mode ?

thanks for helps
Yes the orientation of the board is important (in any mode), and the KK2 is 45 degrees different from older ones like your 5.5. In fact, your testing confirms and demonstrates that

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:22 AM
France, Rhône-Alpes, Grenoble
Joined Sep 2009
10 Posts
Ok thanks i was thinking about and it's confirmed !

i juste have to rotate the board so ....

TO bad that there is no firmware who handle X and + mode with board fixed in the same position to fly in the two modes without any action than "load setup X or + mode" may be in the 1.6 firmware ;-)
drepou is offline Find More Posts by drepou
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:58 AM
United States, PA, Nesquehoning
Joined Sep 2010
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srepfler View Post
Stability with 4 x 2200 3s on quad
like KK2 even more

http://youtu.be/JdMiOj20trA
4x2200 lipo`s and you only got a 9 minute flight?those lipos must be weak. i can get that on 1 -2200 lipo .
helizrnew2me is online now Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:01 AM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:

image upload

online photo storage
What happens if you disconnect the programmer and power up the board from an ESC on M1? Is the old firmware still intact?
The green marking doesn't necessarily indicate that the chip is defective.
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:27 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,734 Posts
Quote:

image upload

online photo storage
What are your fuse settings? Can you post a screen grab? I see the programming failed at the verification stage so the electrical connections to the programmer are OK.
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:18 AM
iMultirotors
Australia, NSW, Shellharbour
Joined Aug 2012
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
4x2200 lipo`s and you only got a 9 minute flight?those lipos must be weak. i can get that on 1 -2200 lipo .
I think you missed the point? Pretty sure he was after stability not flight time!!

The heavier it is, the more stable it is, and this is his point, but flight time will suffer. I bet yours doesn't weigh anywhere near what his one does.

I've tried 1, 2, 3 and 4 2200mAh 3S and the heavier you go, the more stable it becomes and it handles any wind gusts better, but adding another battery does not double your flight time because your increasing the weight, catch 22. You should see a slight increase if you fly the same way under same conditions, otherwise we'd all be running 4 x 2200 and getting 35min, now that would be cool for AP or FPV.
Senator315 is offline Find More Posts by Senator315
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:22 AM
United States, PA, Nesquehoning
Joined Sep 2010
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator315 View Post
I think you missed the point? Pretty sure he was after stability not flight time!!

The heavier it is, the more stable it is, and this is his point, but flight time will suffer. I bet yours doesn't weigh anywhere near what his one does.

I've tried 1, 2, 3 and 4 2200mAh 3S and the heavier you go, the more stable it becomes and it handles any wind gusts better, but adding another battery does not double your flight time because your increasing the weight, catch 22. You should see a slight increase if you fly the same way under same conditions, otherwise we'd all be running 4 x 2200 and getting 35min, now that would be cool for AP or FPV.
yes i can see your point ,especially dealing with wind .but other than that i dont see the need .
helizrnew2me is online now Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:04 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,203 Posts
Yes, that's exactly what I started doing. I did get a nice flight the first time without changing anything so I know at least I can get it hovering. I'll have to wait for the new motors with lower kv to test again as I have tuned the esc's to the recommended settings or what they allow me to change them to and so I think once that's done it's just a matter of making sure the receiver was working correctly. Meaning you have to make sure the antennas are away from any other power sources as I found out. I'm using the other kit with totally different esc's but same size and still was getting the same flipping problem, so it's down to the motors, and board or board settings from what I can tell, well there's nothing left to change. I've use the same props, well now I'm also waiting for some as I bent one, but still the same size.

For the guys getting that second or so cut off, check your esc settings. Make sure start is normal. I found out this helped me a bit as mine were on slow start. Just a thought, well either way you should check all the esc settings anyway.

Quote:
Calibrate your ESC's so that they come on just above idle, then set the min throttle so they always run slowly. It takes time for some ESC's to start when they are completely stopped. This could be a cause of flipping.

Your ESC beep menu startup parameter must be as firm (not soft) as possible.

If your limits are too high and it shuts a motor completely off, it takes too long to start it back up.

I would load factory defaults, start over, and follow the directions instead of poking funny numbers in here and there as may be advised by well meaning members.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?