HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:53 PM
Joined Dec 2009
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
You do have the gains off of zero, possibly very high off zero?
you mean in gimbal settings i set number from low to hi stile nothing
boss777 is offline Find More Posts by boss777
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:58 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss777 View Post
you mean in gimbal settings i set number from low to hi stile nothing
Here's an example of my settings....

Camera Stab Settings - Roll Gain: +700(Ch7) Roll Offset: 64 Pitch Gain: -600(Ch8) Pitch Offset: 35
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:13 AM
Joined Dec 2009
295 Posts
yeah my is roll gain 800 offset 50
gain 700
offset 50

no sing of life in servos am running bec in ch1 as i have dji esc do i have to have 5v on all 4 channels ? for this maybe
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:25 AM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
338 Posts
Quote:
yeah my is roll gain 800 offset 50
gain 700
offset 50

no sing of life in servos am running bec in ch1 as i have dji esc do i have to have 5v on all 4 channels ? for this maybe
M1 is separate from M2-M8.
M2-M8 are on a separate power bus. One of them needs power to feed the rest.
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:34 AM
Joined Dec 2009
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym View Post
M1 is separate from M2-M8.
M2-M8 are on a separate power bus. One of them needs power to feed the rest.

first one needs power i try all the first lead m1 needs 5v am running bec and Y plug to 1st esc and bec
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:45 AM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans1015
Could someone please take a look at my test flight vid below and possibly tell what is wrong.
The quad will suddenly drop, like the motors are stoppin for a second.

These are the esc's I'm using: http://blueskyrc.com/index.php?main_...products_id=39

I have not flashed anything yet as I dont know how or what to use for
flashing with these escs. Have not programed escs either.

Originally Posted by yufasa
I have the same issue, all four motors cut out for a fraction of a second and cause the quad to drop a bit.
Fresh 3000mah 25C battery.
I changed ESC's too. (30A)
Still looking for a solution.
I read an intersting bit about Spektrum radios the other day. This is exactly what they do when they loose signal (drop the throttle and leave everything else alone) and the single antenna receivers will do this if the battery or other conductive (metal, carbon) object shadows the receiver antenna, especially if the the transmitter antenna is 90 degrees to the receiver antenna.

Honestly not trying to start a war here. It would be interesting to hear how many people that have this problem have single antenna 2.4g radios. I am going to lump the incorrectly antennaed (antennas together, or one that is ineffective because it is against a wire or other metal) 2 antenna receivers into the single antenna group. This may be a common failsafe action.

Can someone who has this problem reorient their receiver antenna so that it is obviously always visible from the transmitter and away from metal on the aircraft, and report back? A better test than that if you can re-create it is to put an okl 72mhz receiver in it with the antenna hanging straight down and see if the problem goes away.

Does anybody out there have data that supports or discredits this theory?
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Last edited by theothercliff; Feb 03, 2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:45 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
first one needs power i try all the first lead m1 needs 5v am running bec and Y plug to 1st esc and bec
Quote:
i took of props and put full power stile nothing no move none of the servos move i plug into port 7 and 8
You must always put power on M1 for KK2 to work.

You must also put power somewhere on M2 through M8 if you have any servo on M2 through M8.

M1 is seperated from M2 to M8.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:47 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
It is, but self level is on, so I'm not trying to flip it, it just starts flipping by itself and down it goes if I move it too fast. Not on the pitch, just aileron. Well, I didn't move it that fast on pitch but it didn't seem to do it. Maybe one of the motors is also acting up. I noticed the winding or the part where the winding is moving a bit from side to side on one motor when I spun it without the prop. I really don't know as you said, this is why I kept the stock settings as they seem alright.
Sounds like you may have a bad motor;

Do you have different gain settings for pitch than for roll? If one acts strange and the other OK, you may want to copy the good one.

One last thing. It really flies much better if you go through the tuning procedure instead of just running stock settings.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:51 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad007 View Post
What does KK2 use for derivative setting?

I'm moving from KK2 to multiwii and I'm wanting to start off with KK2 "feel" before slowly tuning in proper values. multiwii had a very high default setting, 15, for D. When I turned it to 10 it had rapid oscillations as if P was too high. so i'm not sure if I should just lower P, or keep the default D
If you thought that tuning PI on KK2 was fun, wait till you tune PID on something else. KK2 does not use D so effectively D is 0. I suggest you tune according to instructions for Multiwii.

When you use D you can generally use a little more P from what I understand. D has noise (vibration) problems, so many controllers do not bother to implement it.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:56 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Parry View Post
Think my board may be broke. Getting a buzzing sound from it and tri spins rather than take off. Tried recalibrating same thing. Sometimes if I tap the board the buzzing stops, but comes back fairly quickly. Will have to take it out and check for breaks etc, but not sure if it will be ok. Anybody else had a similar problem? was working fine yesterday, and not been crashed or knocked. Also just noticed that one of the ESC's is getting warm.
Buzzing from KK2 would be very strange. KK2 only has a beeper (high pitch sound).

Servos sometimes buzz. Motors can buzz.

Unplug things to find where the buzz is coming from.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:58 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
is there a reason the manual says to set up a TX in airplane mode instead of Heli? I'm planning on using this board on a quad and need to set up my DX7
KK2 only needs simple inputs, not things like throttle curves, separate collective channel, high idle, etc. Using airplane mode avoids confusion.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:03 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
P Limit should be 100.
It is recommended that the limits be left at default values. I would leave mine default unless I had a reason to experiment this far away from default. At least be willing to put it back to default for a test if anything acts strangely in the future.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:06 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehine View Post
I just got my tricopter going. Can you do complete flips with the 1.5 firmware or do you have to use a acro version of firmware?
If your copter has enough power and it is tuned reasonably well it will do flips if self level is off. Self level on basically says stick angle equals bank angle. Self level off basically says stick angle equals roll (flip) rate.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:17 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I noticed that if I'm below the middle stick, then the motors stopped so I needed to make sure I kept that in the middle or higher.

The only problem I had was when I moved the aileron quick from one side to the other, then the quad flipped on me again.
Calibrate your ESC's so that they come on just above idle, then set the min throttle so they always run slowly. It takes time for some ESC's to start when they are completely stopped. This could be a cause of flipping.

Your ESC beep menu startup parameter must be as firm (not soft) as possible.

If your limits are too high and it shuts a motor completely off, it takes too long to start it back up.

I would load factory defaults, start over, and follow the directions instead of poking funny numbers in here and there as may be advised by well meaning members.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:30 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter View Post
Now I Need A Camera ...I dont know What I Should go with...

.....we also dont gain anything in the name of redundancy on a quad because the present standard of ESC's that we use dont have any way of letting the FC know that a motor has stopped spinning or the motor has failed...
An 808 #16 V2 is a cheap alternative to a GoPro. Make sure you get the video out cable and understand the lens you get.

An eBay OSD CCD WDR board camera works well in low light and can be adjusted to still see the ground when the sun is in the image. 3.6mm lens

You need to decide what you want out of the camera. Price? Weight? Adjustable? On board HD recording? Low light? Size? Voltage?

A quad simply can't fly if a motor goes out. It takes a strong hex or octo to fly with a motor out.