HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:30 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbey View Post
Tried that and the switch is working fine, Aux input is not. It seems to be faulty. I have also resoldered the 3 pcb connectors and its still not working.

Looks like the board is faulty, strange because everything else works great?
Don't know how familiar you are with KK2 setup. Don't take offense if I mention something that is obvious to you.

So you can hook a servo directly to that channel on the receiver, and it moves when you flip the switch?

You didn't absolutely say, but I assume that the KK2 receiver test fails for aux?

If the receiver test passes, one last thing. Whatever you want the aux channel to change (like turning self level on-off) needs to set to "aux" in the KK2 setup.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:10 AM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
You really must tune your own copter. Every copter tunes differently.

Learn how to tune once and it is easy.

Turn off self level. Set roll and pitch "I" gains to 0. Set roll and pitch P gains to 20. Tune P up or down till just before oscillation. Tune "I up till just before oscillation. Turn on self level with gain 2. Tune self level gain up or down to suit your taste. Self level does not need large numbers.

Search youtube for "kk2 tuning".
Tuning is definatly an individual affiar however setting "I" gain to 0 is not a good idea. The magic number for "I" gain in a PID loop is 42% of the "P" gain, of course that is just the theory.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:22 AM
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsquared View Post
Ok looks like I have found the problem , after 4 frustrating days of intermittent playing with this thing I have re flashed back to 1.2 and guess what it was as unstable as it was in 1.5 hmmmm .... ok time for a rethink go through every program step , ah there it is I hadn't set the motor format to X default was set to +, set correct and ye ha nice stable machine . Ok back to 1.5 load and set all the defaults and set to X sweet as back to a nice stable machine what a difference it is . I'm sure I had set to X format but obviously not !
Sweet ez bro. Glad to see you got it sorted, I was not looking forward to the hole 1.2 Vs 1.4 all over again.

P.S. love the south Island, It might not be god's country but you can see it from there.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:14 AM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Tuning is definatly an individual affiar however setting "I" gain to 0 is not a good idea. The magic number for "I" gain in a PID loop is 42% of the "P" gain, of course that is just the theory.
"I" gains are not set to 0 permanently. They are just zeroed while tuning the P gain.

P gain by iteslf then I gain added to P then self level added to P and I. At least that is the way the tuning guides I have studied say to do it.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:16 AM
Italy, Lombardy, Ranica
Joined Nov 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
When can we see some video of it flying close by?
Finally this is the video, I hope you can undestand how my exacopter flies...
Have a nice day, here in Italy it is very cold!

http://www.dropbox.com/s/ekr6bwzhi8l...0exacopter.m4v
Zuluhawk is offline Find More Posts by Zuluhawk
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:03 AM
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
"I" gains are not set to 0 permanently. They are just zeroed while tuning the P gain.

P gain by iteslf then I gain added to P then self level added to P and I. At least that is the way the tuning guides I have studied say to do it.
Negitive. what ever you set your P gain at, set the I gain at 42% of that and that is the starting point. go outside now with your P at, say, 30 and your I at zero and see how it flies... good luck.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:03 AM
Speed is Good!
Chippenham, Wilts
Joined Oct 2005
569 Posts
Quote:
Don't know how familiar you are with KK2 setup. Don't take offense if I mention something that is obvious to you.

So you can hook a servo directly to that channel on the receiver, and it moves when you flip the switch?

You didn't absolutely say, but I assume that the KK2 receiver test fails for aux?

If the receiver test passes, one last thing. Whatever you want the aux channel to change (like turning self level on-off) needs to set to "aux" in the KK2 setup.

Yes the reciever and the channel and switch have checked out correctly. I have swapped it for another KK2 board and its working now. I still cannot see what the problem is, although a dry solder joint must be the culprit I guess or?
rumbey is offline Find More Posts by rumbey
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:49 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,649 Posts
Quote:
Yes the reciever and the channel and switch have checked out correctly. I have swapped it for another KK2 board and its working now. I still cannot see what the problem is, although a dry solder joint must be the culprit I guess or?
I have complied KK2 V1.4 where the Motor8 output can now be used for the Aux input. Let me know how you get on.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post23551055
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:52 AM
NORWAY
Joined Jan 2011
162 Posts
hello again i am lost in pi on the kk2 board
i have it on a tricopter and i hope someone here can put me on a better way
now my tricopter is tipping backwards when i give throttle
i need setting for all pitch, roll, yaw:-)

is there anyone that have some good setting for a tricopter,then i will be happy

thanks
kjella is offline Find More Posts by kjella
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:07 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjella View Post
hello again i am lost in pi on the kk2 board
i have it on a tricopter and i hope someone here can put me on a better way
now my tricopter is tipping backwards when i give throttle
i need setting for all pitch, roll, yaw:-)

is there anyone that have some good setting for a tricopter,then i will be happy

thanks
Check the CG, and your esc calibration. Either can make your tricopter do odd things with power input.
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:12 AM
Speed is Good!
Chippenham, Wilts
Joined Oct 2005
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
I have complied KK2 V1.4 where the Motor8 output can now be used for the Aux input. Let me know how you get on.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post23551055
Thanks

I have uploaded the M8 for aux and it still isn't working?

On receiver test ch5 showing no signal when plugged into m8 ?

Is there something I need to change for this mod to work?
rumbey is offline Find More Posts by rumbey
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:05 AM
NORWAY
Joined Jan 2011
162 Posts
cg and esc is nice
kjella is offline Find More Posts by kjella
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:42 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,649 Posts
Quote:
Thanks

I have uploaded the M8 for aux and it still isn't working?

On receiver test ch5 showing no signal when plugged into m8 ?

Is there something I need to change for this mod to work?
No need to do anything. Are you sure the aux cable is not at fault? I tested the update before releasing and it worked OK. Plug the aux lead into yaw and see if the yaw input on receiver test changes. Likewise, plug the yaw lead into aux and check.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:43 AM
Joined Jan 2010
3,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Disagree. Setting I-Gain to zero for initial tuning is recommended by many including the firmware developer. It is so stated in the manual.

Where did you get the 42% number? I never heard that one. A Google search found only one reference to it and that was yours.
kaptondave is online now Find More Posts by kaptondave
Last edited by kaptondave; Jan 19, 2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:49 AM
Joined Jul 2012
8 Posts
My gains have to be set very low in order for my quad to fly - I have a SM450 v2 from rctimer supposedly with simonK firmware.

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...6&productname=

The P gains has to be around 28, I around 15, and yaw at 30. Flight is not that smooth, however it works. My understanding is that with simonk typically gains are very high. Should I be concerned or any suggestions?
nickmig is online now Find More Posts by nickmig