HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:38 PM
iMultirotors
Australia, NSW, Shellharbour
Joined Aug 2012
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbey View Post
Not sure if my board is faulty, but I'm not getting a signal on the Aux channel.

Switch is programmed and working as I tested it on another KK2 board. Changed the rx lead and also checked the rx.

Any ideas?

I think it maybe a hardware problem or cold solder joint?
Just to make sure your switch on the TX is working and set up correctly and confirm if the AUX is working or not, move the AUX lead on the KK2 to ail on KK2.
Power up the KK2 and go into receiver test, flick the switch and see if ail switches from one max value to the opposite max value. If it does, then it seems as though your aux input is working, but if nothing happens, then the switch on your TX is not working or not set up correctly. Could also be the ch on the RX, try another ch.
Hopefully it's just a simple thing you've overlooked.
Senator315 is offline Find More Posts by Senator315
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:43 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjella View Post
thanks
no it is mutch better

is there a place go get som good pi settings for my tricopter
You really must tune your own copter. Every copter tunes differently.

Learn how to tune once and it is easy.

Turn off self level. Set roll and pitch "I" gains to 0. Set roll and pitch P gains to 20. Tune P up or down till just before oscillation. Tune "I up till just before oscillation. Turn on self level with gain 2. Tune self level gain up or down to suit your taste. Self level does not need large numbers.

Search youtube for "kk2 tuning".
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:04 PM
RC flying addiction
Joined Dec 2012
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym View Post
I've searched, but can't seem to find a supplier for the AX2213.
Who has them for sale?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ess_Motor.html

Look mid way down this page for AX designation: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...s-Parkfly.html
RC_Adik is offline Find More Posts by RC_Adik
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:43 PM
Speed is Good!
Chippenham, Wilts
Joined Oct 2005
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator315 View Post
Just to make sure your switch on the TX is working and set up correctly and confirm if the AUX is working or not, move the AUX lead on the KK2 to ail on KK2.
Power up the KK2 and go into receiver test, flick the switch and see if ail switches from one max value to the opposite max value. If it does, then it seems as though your aux input is working, but if nothing happens, then the switch on your TX is not working or not set up correctly. Could also be the ch on the RX, try another ch.
Hopefully it's just a simple thing you've overlooked.

Tried that and the switch is working fine, Aux input is not. It seems to be faulty. I have also resoldered the 3 pcb connectors and its still not working.

Looks like the board is faulty, strange because everything else works great?
rumbey is offline Find More Posts by rumbey
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:11 PM
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Karup
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
When will ver 1.6 come kaptein?
vartaz is offline Find More Posts by vartaz
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:34 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vartaz View Post
When will ver 1.6 come kaptein?
There are no outstanding bug, nor any large requests for change, why release another version?
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:30 PM
Joined Jan 2010
3,573 Posts
Quote:
Tried that and the switch is working fine, Aux input is not. It seems to be faulty. I have also resoldered the 3 pcb connectors and its still not working.

You are certain that you have SL mode set to 'Switch" rather than "Stick"? I missed that on my first setup.
kaptondave is offline Find More Posts by kaptondave
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:40 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:

Well, a few other people have reported problems with yaw and aux inputs on the KK2.0 controller. Take a look at this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...55&postcount=1
If you post a request over there you may get a custom firmware version where one of the motor outputs is used as aux input. Or you may do it yourself if you understand assembler programming.
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:03 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
Well, a few other people have reported problems with yaw and aux inputs on the KK2.0 controller. Take a look at this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...55&postcount=1
If you post a request over there you may get a custom firmware version where one of the motor outputs is used as aux input. Or you may do it yourself if you understand assembler programming.
I guess I've got another job to do tomorrow
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:20 PM
United States, MD, Ellicott City
Joined Feb 2010
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
You really must tune your own copter. Every copter tunes differently.

Learn how to tune once and it is easy.

Turn off self level. Set roll and pitch "I" gains to 0. Set roll and pitch P gains to 20. Tune P up or down till just before oscillation. Tune "I up till just before oscillation. Turn on self level with gain 2. Tune self level gain up or down to suit your taste. Self level does not need large numbers.

Search youtube for "kk2 tuning".
The problem with tunning your PID for any multicopter is that it is dependent on the material of your frame, length of your arms, and weight. So since we are mostly making our own frames, or using different motors, batteries, esc, etc., no two multicopters will be the same unless you use a prepackaged kit like the naza systems. So it is always A must to tune your own multicopter instead of using someone else numbers. Also keep in mind that it is also subjective to the personnel preferences of the pilot doing the tunning. Some people my prefer to damp more then others
MIDNCOCO is offline Find More Posts by MIDNCOCO
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:38 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Apr 2005
38 Posts
issues after flash to 1.5

I have trolled through most of this thread but ......
Here's my set up

525 frame
kk2.0 board
900kv bell motors
mystery esc's 30amp

all worked fine out of the box flew stable as ,
decided to flash to 1.5 for the camera stabilization

settings are now way off and the machine is as touchy as now heres my current settings to get a semi stable machine

ail /elev rud self level
pgain 15 35 13
Limit 100 20 20
Igain 11 0
limit 20 10

stck scale

fly's pretty mushy in self level and quite twitchy in manual

anyone have any ideas? I miss so much how it used to fly

anyone got the original setting for the 1.2 firmware handy ?
might re-flash back

regards rob
Christchurch New Zealand
rsquared is offline Find More Posts by rsquared
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:39 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
I guess I've got another job to do tomorrow
Yep. You da man!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsquared View Post
I have trolled through most of this thread but ......
Here's my set up

525 frame
kk2.0 board
900kv bell motors
mystery esc's 30amp

all worked fine out of the box flew stable as ,
decided to flash to 1.5 for the camera stabilization

settings are now way off and the machine is as touchy as now heres my current settings to get a semi stable machine

ail /elev rud self level
pgain 15 35 13
Limit 100 20 20
Igain 11 0
limit 20 10

stck scale

fly's pretty mushy in self level and quite twitchy in manual

anyone have any ideas? I miss so much how it used to fly

anyone got the original setting for the 1.2 firmware handy ?
might re-flash back

regards rob
Christchurch New Zealand
After flashing firmware version 1.2 you should be back at stock settings for 1.2 also. If not, you can always select "Factory reset" from the KK2.0 menu.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:01 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Apr 2005
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
After flashing firmware version 1.2 you should be back at stock settings for 1.2 also. If not, you can always select "Factory reset" from the KK2.0 menu.
Ok looks like I have found the problem , after 4 frustrating days of intermittent playing with this thing I have re flashed back to 1.2 and guess what it was as unstable as it was in 1.5 hmmmm .... ok time for a rethink go through every program step , ah there it is I hadn't set the motor format to X default was set to +, set correct and ye ha nice stable machine . Ok back to 1.5 load and set all the defaults and set to X sweet as back to a nice stable machine what a difference it is . I'm sure I had set to X format but obviously not !
rsquared is offline Find More Posts by rsquared
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:43 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsquared View Post
Ok looks like I have found the problem , after 4 frustrating days of intermittent playing with this thing I have re flashed back to 1.2 and guess what it was as unstable as it was in 1.5 hmmmm .... ok time for a rethink go through every program step , ah there it is I hadn't set the motor format to X default was set to +, set correct and ye ha nice stable machine . Ok back to 1.5 load and set all the defaults and set to X sweet as back to a nice stable machine what a difference it is . I'm sure I had set to X format but obviously not !
That's it. That's bug #1 in my list. When doing an eeinit it should default to the load motor layour screen and not just load +.

I already have already fixed 1.5 to the point where I can squeeze the debug menu back into action with no functional changes.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide