HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:40 PM
NORWAY
Joined Jan 2011
161 Posts
hello can anyone help me out her
i have mount my kk2 board to my tricopter and i have done all the setup and everything looks ok
when i start the tricopter it begins to spin around itself!!!!
i have check all motors props and they go the way they shoud

when i hold the tricopter in the air and i turn it the servo is compensating,but is there a way to revers gyro on this board with lcd??
thanks
kjetil
kjella is offline Find More Posts by kjella
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:34 PM
NE Georgia USA
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
Cam Stab question

I have the KK2 V.5 running on a Turnigy HAL with the HAL camera gimbal.
Everything works except the pitch servo will never go negative. In other
words it will move from level to up but will not move from level downward.
Even the offset will not go below level.
It is not the servo as I have swapped pitch and roll connections.
If I manually move the servo in the down direction and then power up it goes back to level so it is not a mechanical bind.
Has anyone else had this problem???
Thanks in advance...
redC5 is offline Find More Posts by redC5
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:10 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2012
1,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjella View Post
i have mount my kk2 board to my tricopter and i have done all the setup and everything looks ok

when i hold the tricopter in the air and i turn it the servo is compensating,but is there a way to revers gyro on this board with lcd??
thanks
kjetil
See this thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1749904

change the mixer on channel 4 to reverse the yaw servo
WendoNZ is offline Find More Posts by WendoNZ
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:16 PM
United States, KS, Buhler
Joined Feb 2011
46 Posts
Hi

Go to Mixer editor channel 4 and change the rudder value to -100 if the value is 100 or vice versa.
have fun
Quote:

thanks
kjetil
juanquy is online now Find More Posts by juanquy
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:04 AM
Newcastle NSW
Joined May 2004
438 Posts
I seem to be having trouble getting the Flash Tool to load up...
Ive updated to the latest Java, tried both Windows and Mac but it comes up with this error on the Mac..

Uncaught exception in main method: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Library/Java/Extensions/librxtxSerial.jnilib: no suitable image found. Did find: /Library/Java/Extensions/librxtxSerial.jnilib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

Any ideas?

Cheers
highace1 is offline Find More Posts by highace1
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:45 AM
NORWAY
Joined Jan 2011
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanquy View Post
Go to Mixer editor channel 4 and change the rudder value to -100 if the value is 100 or vice versa.
have fun
thanks
no it is mutch better

is there a place go get som good pi settings for my tricopter
kjella is offline Find More Posts by kjella
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:58 AM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Sint-Truiden
Joined Jul 2012
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Adik View Post
The AR8000 was not intended to be operated without the Satellite/remote receiver, (extender as you called it). The AR 7600/7610 however was designed to operate with/without the remote receiver. The manual for the 76xx clearly states this, but the 8000 does not. That is clearly your problem/concern and there is nothing wrong with the KK2 or the AR8000.
If you try the 8000 in a traditional installation and remove the remote while powered, it will operate properly until you disconnect power and then replicate communication failure as you have observed with the KK2.
I was using the rx with the sat reciever , but wen i used the ar8000 rx on my MCFC board i have no problems with the RX only.
Yes it will operated with the kk2 til i disconnect, but still strange that it works with my other FC board

Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff
Best guess is that receiver takes longer to boot up when extender is unplugged. It searches for it for a while instead of finding it right away.

To test for this exact problem, you need to start by disconnecting all wires from receiver to KK2. When you leave them plugged in, then the KK2 gets power the instant that the receiver gets power.

Disconnect all wires from receiver to KK2. Switch transmitter on. Plug power (say ESC M4) into receiver UNUSED channel. Receiver now has power but KK2 does not have power. Now plug throttle wire from receiver into KK2. KK2 now has power with receiver already booted up. If this works, or at least has a problem with a different channel than throttle, then we have proven that the problem is that the receiver boots up too slow.

If you want a more complete test, you can carefully remove the red wire pin from one end of each of the 4 cables that goes from receiver to KK2 (use a straight pin or bobby pin to carefully lift the tiny tiny plastic flap a very short distance in the servo connector) and tape them back out of the way. That way the receiver will not give power to the KK2. Now turn transmitter on, then plug M4 ESC into receiver unused channel. Receiver now has power. Wait 5 seconds. Now plug the M1 ESC into KK2 M1. KK2 now has power.
In the second part of the vid you see that i have the bec from esc 4 connected to the rx, and thro connection between rx and kk2.0, no bec connected to the kk2.0 if i power up then it says error NO yaw imput so look like the info you giving my that is boots to slow.

So why the rx works fine with my MCFC board without sat reciever and not
with the KK2.because i want a compact quad using only the rx.
GeO82 is offline Find More Posts by GeO82
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:14 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeO82 View Post
So why the rx works fine with my MCFC board without sat reciever and not
with the KK2.because i want a compact quad using only the rx.
I would not trust the AR8000 without a satellite regardless of your test results. Too much at stake and it is not designed for that as previously stated. If you want to not have a satellite, use a different receiver. Plain and simple.
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:15 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highace1 View Post
I seem to be having trouble getting the Flash Tool to load up...
Ive updated to the latest Java, tried both Windows and Mac but it comes up with this error on the Mac..

Uncaught exception in main method: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Library/Java/Extensions/librxtxSerial.jnilib: no suitable image found. Did find: /Library/Java/Extensions/librxtxSerial.jnilib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

Any ideas?

Cheers
Post this in thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1526042
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:28 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,115 Posts
Quote:

thanks
kjetil
First post in this thread FAQ item 14 answered your query.

People obviously do not read the Thread Title which tells you to Read First Post Info and FAQ (also in first post) before asking questions.

It saves a lot of time.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:19 AM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Sint-Truiden
Joined Jul 2012
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
I would not trust the AR8000 without a satellite regardless of your test results. Too much at stake and it is not designed for that as previously stated. If you want to not have a satellite, use a different receiver. Plain and simple.
Ok so other rx for the fun quad!!! so what rx would be best and boots up fast enouph that wil work with the dx8 tx?
GeO82 is offline Find More Posts by GeO82
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:37 AM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,718 Posts
Ive searched for a while but cant find it. CPPM hooks up to throttle pin, right?
EDIT: Found it, aileron apparently. I feel this should be in the first post.
Freakazoid is offline Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Last edited by Freakazoid; Jan 18, 2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:13 AM
Speed is Good!
Chippenham, Wilts
Joined Oct 2005
560 Posts
Not sure if my board is faulty, but I'm not getting a signal on the Aux channel.

Switch is programmed and working as I tested it on another KK2 board. Changed the rx lead and also checked the rx.

Any ideas?

I think it maybe a hardware problem or cold solder joint?
rumbey is online now Find More Posts by rumbey
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:02 AM
RC flying addiction
Joined Dec 2012
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeO82 View Post
Ok so other rx for the fun quad!!! so what rx would be best and boots up fast enouph that wil work with the dx8 tx?
An AR600X, (7g) works well on my Quad, allowing the antenna's to be easily placed perpendicular for best performance. They can also be purchased reasonably here on RC Groups.

If I already had a AR8000, (13.9g w/remote) the weight & space required to properly use it seems inconsequential to me.
RC_Adik is offline Find More Posts by RC_Adik
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:34 AM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seibernator View Post
I am running on a 3S 3300mah with 10x4.5 props. I get around 15 minutes of flight.
I've searched, but can't seem to find a supplier for the AX2213.
Who has them for sale?
harrym is online now Find More Posts by harrym