Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:59 PM
***** on a stick
United Kingdom, England, Solihull
Joined Sep 2011
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator315 View Post
A bit acro with one of my F330's.

At the start I did a few rolls and thought why is it so slow, then realized I had SL on DOHH!!

Still very much a learner in acro, but near the end I did my first triple back flip and almost ran out of sky. Did a triple roll before I put the cam on. I can tell you I was pretty hesitant to put the cam on in case I crash.
Wow, felt pretty dizzy after watching that! You can see your props bending taking the strain. That makes my Tricopter FPV flight look pretty sedate.
seibernator is offline Find More Posts by seibernator
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:05 PM
It only cost 50 honest!
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Oct 2007
331 Posts
Dont know if my fiddling adjusting it helped or if it just needed a bit more time, but its back to normal now. Thanks for replies, just glad its back working. Have sandpapered the motor shafts and really tightened the spinner just to be sure it doesnt go swimming again.
David Parry is online now Find More Posts by David Parry
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:17 PM
***** on a stick
Joined Sep 2011
64 Posts
I filmed this a couple of days ago. Nice and cold but on the plus side there was no wind and great for FPV.

I have a GoPro on the front with a 808 #16 lens D keychain cam on one of the arms. I also have another 808 #16 stuck to my cap and I am recording the downlink on a Archos 604 so you can see the basic OSD readout.

The video is pretty sedate and chilled out so no crazy aerobatics.

Tricopter with GoPro camera and KK2.0 flight controller (5 min 22 sec)
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:30 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeO82 View Post
So there is a problem and no problem,
Wen i connect the kk2 board to my Spektrum ar8000,can bind it ,reciever get signal, but the board does not arm and gives a error no thro input.
Now wen i connect the spektrum extender to the rx it wil go, no error and arms just fine, this was probably how i was flying this board before.
But should it not work with only the RX connected to the kk2 board?

because with my mcfc board it wil work with only the rx and also with rx and extender.
It should work.

Start by removing all props. Really.

I can think of three possible reasons:

- Spektrum takes too long to "boot up". Try for a test: Start by disconnecting all wires from receiver to KK2. Take all props off or disconnect motors from ESC's (read on, it will become clear). Turn transmitter on. Using the ESC with BEC or other 5V power source, power receiver up by plugging ESC with BEC into unused channel. Now, with the receiver powered up, run a plug from receiver throttle channel to KK2 throttle input (like it would normally be connected). KK2 boots up. If KK2 message goes away or is replaced by some other channel not working, then the problem is that the receiver takes too long to boot up. We have proven that by booting up the receiver first and then the KK2 and the problem went away. The solution would be to run power from receiver to KK2 instead of from KK2 to receiver and to also put a switch in the power between KK2 and receiver. Start with the new switch off. Turn transmitter on. Power up receiver (plug in battery). Switch new switch on so KK2 now has power too. With alittle bit of tinkering, you could make an automatic power switch that switches on 1 second after you plug the battery in. The problem with both a manual or automatic switch is that some ESC firmwares will go into safe mode if they don't see a servo pulse within a short time. Anybody know if that is true of SimonK or BLHeli or WiiESC?

- Throttle channel is not where you think it is on receiver. You have KK2 throttle input connected to battery connection (not throttle connection) on receiver. Or to some unused channel. Use the receiver test in the KK2 to find which connection on the receiver is the throttle channel.

- Throttle channel is backwards or trimmed way off of center. Use the receiver test in the KK2 to check the centering, direction, range of throttle channel.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Last edited by theothercliff; Jan 16, 2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:47 PM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seibernator View Post
I filmed this a couple of days ago. Nice and cold but on the plus side there was no wind and great for FPV.

I have a GoPro on the front with a 808 #16 lens D keychain cam on one of the arms. I also have another 808 #16 stuck to my cap and I am recording the downlink on a Archos 604 so you can see the basic OSD readout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntkA-YlqWMs
I got a bunch of 750KV motors for a good price. Are you running those 800's on 4S? What size prop are you using?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:54 PM
***** on a stick
Joined Sep 2011
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
I got a bunch of 750KV motors for a good price. Are you running those 800's on 4S? What size prop are you using?
I am running on a 3S 3300mah with 10x4.5 props. I get around 15 minutes of flight.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:42 PM
crashology student
Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2008
116 Posts
NO TEXT ON LCD: HK PDB, F-30 ESC#1 to M1 (just signal wires to other M2-M4) ... bind the RX. Turn on TX, then power up KK2.0, start looking at menus etc ... hearing infrequent tiny beeps? ... went to set low voltage value and ... screen has only a backlight now!
Tried KaptK jumper instead of 220R ... nothing. Tried to reflash KK2 ... no go. Tried to reorder another KK2 ... backordered. ... not having a good last 2 days ... ???
rshep is offline Find More Posts by rshep
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntkA-YlqWMs
Nice flying and editing, but I noticed that your RX antennas are hanging loose. You risk breakage unless you attach them to the frame. I recommend using antenna tubes.
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:47 PM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshep View Post
NO TEXT ON LCD: HK PDB, F-30 ESC#1 to M1 (just signal wires to other M2-M4) ... bind the RX. Turn on TX, then power up KK2.0, start looking at menus etc ... hearing infrequent tiny beeps? ... went to set low voltage value and ... screen has only a backlight now!
Tried KaptK jumper instead of 220R ... nothing. Tried to reflash KK2 ... no go. Tried to reorder another KK2 ... backordered. ... not having a good last 2 days ... ???
You don't have metal screws or standoffs for mounting the KK2 do you? Did you ever? Carbon fiber is a no-no also.

Does the LCD light up with text if you disconnect everything and power it from the programmer through the 6 pin programming connector?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:40 PM
I don't really eat bugs
United States, UT, North Ogden
Joined Dec 2012
28 Posts
KK2 Throttle glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzydog View Post
I have flown 7 or 8 flawless flights on my quad using the KK2 board. Then I took it apart to reconfigure it and add my FPV gear. Ever since then I had an intermittent throttle glitch that would either kill the throttle for a split second or go to full throttle for a split second - spontaneously.
Tonight I found a loose signal wire on the jumper going from channel 4 of the rx to the KK2. I believe this is the rudder channel. Can any of you folks who are more knowledgeable than me in how the KK2 works give any insight as to whether or not this might cause the problem I am having?
When the throttle glitched, it was all motors because it either went straight up or straight down (although I did have self level on all the time, if that matters) - would a flaky rudder signal cause all the motors to glitch?

Thanks in advance for any insight

Did you get any resolution for your throttle glitch problem? I am having the same issue but I haven't attached any fpv equipment yet.

Thanks
Bary
Eatnbugs is offline Find More Posts by Eatnbugs
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:45 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,337 Posts
need some clarification:

So i was able to get the S/L function working pretty well...I went back and made sure that all surfaces were level and adjusted as necessary...then re-calibrated the ACC...then i went and messed with the P settings in the SL menu:

I have ended up with 62 as it is...here is my question...i still have some oscilations...they arent bad but enough to bug..they seem like they are the fast ones not slow which if i remember right is tied to the I gain and fast is P gain....
Should i bring the P down a bit more and see what happens? I didnt take it out of SL mode to see if the oscillations stop...but i dont know that it flies really well when not in SL mode so i think i just need to keep bringing the P down some more in the SL menu...

Thoughts??
SDSURFnGLIDE is online now Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:13 PM
Joined Apr 2012
23 Posts
y4

hello ,how turn the motors for TRI Y4 with kk2?thanks
rob222 is offline Find More Posts by rob222
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:46 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
334 Posts
Quote:
I filmed this a couple of days ago. Nice and cold but on the plus side there was no wind and great for FPV.....
What motors & props are you using?
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:17 PM
RC flying addiction
Joined Dec 2012
262 Posts
I think the video tells what motors & props.
AX2213N 800Kv & 10x4.5. on 3S 3300mAH.
RC_Adik is offline Find More Posts by RC_Adik
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:47 PM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatnbugs View Post
Did you get any resolution for your throttle glitch problem? I am having the same issue but I haven't attached any fpv equipment yet.

Thanks
Bary
Are you guys running Multistar esc's? I have heard they do this on a number of different FC's, My MWC included. Some of the guys have flashed them to Simon K and solved the problem. I'm still not sure if I can flash my 20a MS so I just put up with it.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001