SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:22 AM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teccer1234 View Post
well, this is my crash as well, the first thing in the morning,I had a flight in front of the stones that went OK then I went up the mountain behind the stones to fly from a path on the steep mountainside, took of but it was all over the place so I get it back onto the path, while it was flying I saw the rudder flipping from side to side, I put that down to the turbulent air rushing up the hot rock face, when I got back down I tried to fly in front of the stones again, that's when it all went wrong, the vid says that it was an esc fault but it wasn't it was a loose servo extension lead going to the rudder. duhhh!!!

live and learn

all ok now
http://youtu.be/hyQARTrFf2E
Interesting balanced rock formations. Here in the USA they would have a fence around the whole area with armed HomeLand Security guards (slight exaggeration).

The big one in front looks like it would break toward the back and then slide to the front. Is that a warning sign in front of it?
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:28 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASKYCAM View Post
For RV1 LazyZero and HappySundays .Hi I have the same problem with a board, it flys ok but cannot update firmware.
3 other boards I have flash to V1.5 one board stuck on V1.2. I prefer to flash without attachments only the board, I suspect a bad joint some where .
This could also be caused by incorrect CPU fuse settings. Setting the "reset disable" CPU fuse makes in unflashable with our standard USB programmers. I would compare fuse settings between one that works and one that does not work.

A month or so ago there was a post here that gave command line instructions to change the fuses back to what they need to be. I understand that LazyZero's beta front end now has this capability too. Copy down your settings from this KK2 board, run the LazyZero beta version, verify your fuse settings, and reset them if needed.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:49 AM
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
717 Posts
The big one in front looks like it would break toward the back and then slide to the front. Is that a warning sign in front of it?[/QUOTE]

nope, no warning signs in fact yesterday I saw a spanish driven car drive up the ramp and parked right under the big rock ?????? I expect you can imagine what I was thinking might happen but it didn't, the problem out here is hardly anybody has any respect for anything or any property

ray
teccer1234 is offline Find More Posts by teccer1234
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:42 PM
Littleton, CO
Joined Jun 2009
280 Posts
Sorry for the post just had to re-subscribe
jedoug is offline Find More Posts by jedoug
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:16 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym View Post
A weird phenomenon happened to my quad today.....
I took it out and flew yesterday. Everything was working as it did before.
Roll, Pitch & Yaw all worked fine.Still can't figure out the cause of the problem.

Early on I did have one problem with #1 & #3 oscillating up and down a lot in AL.
This turned out to be pilot error in forgetting to reset the "PI Editor - Rudder".
I had left them at 45, 100, 25, 20 instead of 45, 20, 30, 10. After I reset these
It flew just like it did before.
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:21 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MH60M View Post
.....Anyone have any ideas what would cause a motor to suddenly stop running.
If you are running Turnigy motors be aware that the wires from the motors is poor.
When you solder the bullets on, the solder wicks up the wire, and where the solder
ends it creates a weak point. Any flexing at this point and the wire just breaks.
I've had this happen several times.
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:30 PM
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
This could also be caused by incorrect CPU fuse settings. Setting the "reset disable" CPU fuse makes in unflashable with our standard USB programmers. I would compare fuse settings between one that works and one that does not work.

A month or so ago there was a post here that gave command line instructions to change the fuses back to what they need to be. I understand that LazyZero's beta front end now has this capability too. Copy down your settings from this KK2 board, run the LazyZero beta version, verify your fuse settings, and reset them if needed.
Thanks will give that a try. The bad unit was new from HK , first thing I did was to flash to 1.5 with no response .Will let You know what happens .
Thank You
SASKYCAM is offline Find More Posts by SASKYCAM
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:52 PM
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts
Ok tried fuse restore with LazyZero ,same error message . Target doesn't answer.1
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:26 AM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
My cam stab. Works great on v1.5. But is there a way to adjust my cam angle on my tx free channel, or is it only possible by offset settings on kk2.0 board? Thanx
verk68 is offline Find More Posts by verk68
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:33 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASKYCAM View Post
Ok tried fuse restore with LazyZero ,same error message . Target doesn't answer.1
Not sure if this has been mentioned: have you unplugged all your (ESC and receiver) connectors while flashing and are you sure you have the 6 pin programming plug plugged in the right way?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:36 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by verk68 View Post
My cam stab. Works great on v1.5. But is there a way to adjust my cam angle on my tx free channel, or is it only possible by offset settings on kk2.0 board? Thanx
Only way I know of is by using a separate V tail mixer.

If an unused M1-M8 output could be programmed as an input, this would seem to be a nice future enhancement.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:07 AM
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned: have you unplugged all your (ESC and receiver) connectors while flashing and are you sure you have the 6 pin programming plug plugged in the right way?
Yes all unplugged and yes to the 6 pin plug .I have 3 other KK2 boards they all work when flashing . this is some other problem on the board
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:29 PM
Falling with style
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2010
1,329 Posts
I need help!!

Anyone know what would cause that my KK2 board (1.5) does not power up completely when powering it on the ESC or RX 5v rail?

The only thing it does is power up the backlight and sits there...

Its not completely dead as it works when powering via the ISP header!!??

Maybe a resistor or something is broken, couldn't find anything with visual inspection.

Please help!
metalfred is offline Find More Posts by metalfred
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:42 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
check back a few ( dozen? ) pages and there was talk of a specific resistor on te board that might fix the problem.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:03 PM
Falling with style
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2010
1,329 Posts
Thanks I ll search for that.

I have soldered a jumper wire between ISP VCC and M1 +V and it now works like normal, not sure if this is safe.
metalfred is offline Find More Posts by metalfred