3dflyboy09 is offline Find More Posts by 3dflyboy09
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dflyboy09 View Post
Yes it is only at full throttle new model will try moving weight thanks
If moving weight forward and recalibrating ESCs doesn't help you can always lower your throttle end point. This will give the KK2.0 controller more headroom for adjustments. 95% in receiver test worked fine for me.
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:54 PM
RV1
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
13 Posts
Frozen KK2.0 Board

Hello everyone!
I would be very grateful for a little advice! I think my problem is rather hardware related so I'm posting here, please let me know if I should post in the openaero thread. Looked through this thread but found no solution for my problem:

I flashed my KK2.0 with OpenAero2 v1.0, installed it in a Bixler and set it up following mmerry2's video.

Got it working in bench test, both stability control and auto leveling was working.

As I was adjusting it, the controls stopped functioning, buttons became unresponsive and the display froze. Did the four button reset, Got the reset message but didn't help. Every time I power it up, the screen initially turns on and displays "Press any button for status" and then a relevant message: "No Signal" or "Sensor error"(if being moved).

Tried flashing it again with a pc, all possible firmwares, but I get following error message every time:
Flash the firmware from repository.
Flashing firmware from file.: C:\Users\...\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_0.71 beta1\tmp\OpenAero2_B4_1.hex

C:\Users\...\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_0.71 beta1\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.exe -C C:\Users\...\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_0.71 beta1\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.conf -p m324pa -P usb -c usbasp -B 8 -e -U flash:w:C:\Users\Arvi\Downloads\kkmulticopterflash tool_0.71beta1\tmp\OpenAero2_B4_1.hex:i

avrdude.exe: set SCK frequency to 93750 Hz
avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

Error during writing flash.

Is there anything I can do with this board, or should I take the issue to HK's world famous customer support?

Thank you very much for your help guys and the amazing job you are doing for the hobby in terms of this forum and the Open source projects!

RV
RV1 is offline Find More Posts by RV1
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:17 PM
Joined Dec 2012
46 Posts
KK2 board is amazing! I went from coaxial helis to full size quad without ANY problem.

Many thanks to the creator!

Now..... TIME FOR A CRASH VID!

Check out this video on YouTube:

X450 Loop CRASH. Lacey, WA Regional Athletic Center (3 min 8 sec)
MH60M is offline Find More Posts by MH60M
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:28 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
You should up your stick scaling to get faster flips.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:44 PM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,820 Posts
Easing off the throttle after you've gone past 90' tilt (not all the way off though!) will stop it from rocketing towards the ground, too.

Cool flying location btw. Lots of room!
Freakazoid is offline Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:45 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dflyboy09 View Post
Got the tricopter flying great only issue i have is if i give quick throttle input the front pitch up pretty bad any ideas?
Is this a V tail tri? If so the answers are very different than for a normal tri.

For a normal tri, there are several things that can make this happen:
- tail heavy, move battery forward
- different motors in front than in back
- different props in front than in back
- different ESC's in front than in back
- ESC's not calibrated
- ESC Low Voltage Cutoffs not all set to nicad or disabled
- Stock ESC's not all set to fastest startup

You could reduce the mixing editor front two motor throttle settings from 100% to something a little lower.

I would also carefully check the battery under full throttle load to make sure the voltage isn't dropping too much.

After trying to correct the actual problem from the list above, for a test you could try punching just 80% power. If it flies straight at 80%, you might reduce your max throttle by any of several methods. You need a little head room in the throttle in case the KK2 needs to stabilize a little while you happen to be giving it full stick.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:26 PM
Joined Dec 2012
46 Posts
This one is more brutal! HARD impact from 80 feet up. Check out this video on YouTube:

Q450 X450 Quadcopter Test Flight and Crash onto GRAVEL (1 min 17 sec)

Anyone have any ideas what would cause a motor to suddenly stop running.

Nothing came unplugged.

Bad ESC?... Bad Motor? Neither show any damage..... Motor spins great/feels fine.

Thanks, Matt
MH60M is offline Find More Posts by MH60M
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:03 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MH60M View Post
This one is more brutal! HARD impact from 80 feet up. Check out this video on YouTube:

Even if it feels fine a loose bullet connector can cause a failure. You could have one ( or more ) ESC set with the wrong cutoff. Sometimes crap happens, I spent the first few months doing more building than flying, but it's worth it.

BTW, you got some major vibrations in those motors.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:14 PM
Joined Jan 2010
3,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV1 View Post
I flashed my KK2.0 with OpenAero2 v1.0, installed it in a Bixler and set it up following mmerry2's video.

Is there anything I can do with this board, or should I take the issue to HK's world famous customer support?
You can't expect any help from Hobby King in most cases but especially here because you have modified their product with unsupported (by them) firmware. No manufacturer or vendor would provide support in situation. Your best shot would be to post on the OpenAero forum.
kaptondave is offline Find More Posts by kaptondave
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:52 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV1 View Post
Hello everyone!
I would be very grateful for a little advice! I think my problem is rather hardware related so I'm posting here, please let me know if I should post in the openaero thread. Looked through this thread but found no solution for my problem:

Got it working in bench test, both stability control and auto leveling was working.

As I was adjusting it, the controls stopped functioning, buttons became unresponsive and the display froze. Did the four button reset, Got the reset message but didn't help. Every time I power it up, the screen initially turns on and displays "Press any button for status" and then a relevant message: "No Signal" or "Sensor error"(if being moved).
Hi - I just saw this post more by fluke than anything else.
If your screen still displays anything at all then the board is still running.
Your problem is that you can't reprogram it.

Did you perhaps forget to power the KK2 board while programming it?
Is the programming cable plugged in the right way around?
Either of these will cause the flash failure that you see.

Make sure that you have the board up and running (with text on the screen) so that it is 100% that it is correctly powered up and try again with pin1 of the programming cable farthest from the screen (and closest to the buttons).

KK2 boards are a little unforgiving of power connection screw-ups and mechanical hardware problems (metal mounting screws) but hopefully yours hasn't suffered an electrical failure.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:32 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,576 Posts
Hi RV1,

as David already wrote. You have to be careful with the power supply. When anything is connected to the board, you can run in the problem you described. Try with only board connected to your programmer.

Best Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:29 AM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MH60M View Post

http://youtu.be/rOUtx21zPNM

Nothing came unplugged.

Bad ESC?... Bad Motor? Neither show any damage..... Motor spins great/feels fine.

Thanks, Matt
I recommend replacing the prop spinners with 5mm lock nuts. The prop spinners made for the NTM motors are totally rubbish and will produce lots of vibrations.
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:26 AM
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
766 Posts
crash

well, this is my crash as well, the first thing in the morning,I had a flight in front of the stones that went OK then I went up the mountain behind the stones to fly from a path on the steep mountainside, took of but it was all over the place so I get it back onto the path, while it was flying I saw the rudder flipping from side to side, I put that down to the turbulent air rushing up the hot rock face, when I got back down I tried to fly in front of the stones again, that's when it all went wrong, the vid says that it was an esc fault but it wasn't it was a loose servo extension lead going to the rudder. duhhh!!!

live and learn

all ok now
Bolnuevo rocks (8 min 31 sec)
teccer1234 is offline Find More Posts by teccer1234
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:29 AM
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts
For RV1 LazyZero and HappySundays .Hi I have the same problem with a board, it flys ok but cannot update firmware.
3 other boards I have flash to V1.5 one board stuck on V1.2. I prefer to flash without attachments only the board, I suspect a bad joint some where .
SASKYCAM is offline Find More Posts by SASKYCAM