HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:11 AM
Joined Apr 2012
513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandamandag View Post
Is there a bug on 1.5?
a while ago i flew my quad and it flips when i turn on the self level, i disarmed it and check the lcd screen, i saw that my roll angle and pitch angle are so high i think it was about 68 and 65 that is supposedly 0 on flat surface, i restart it and flew normal again i dont know why.
Recalibration of the sensors is the issue here ...also when you arm the board make sure it is close to level or else it may flip in your face !!!!
Akcopter is offline Find More Posts by Akcopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:12 AM
airplanes r made from aluminum
United States, SC, Darlington
Joined Jul 2009
652 Posts
i have not had any issues with mine on 1.5 and use the stabilization switch a bunch. i even get it going then flip the switch for a "save my tail " test and if pops back level. do you have your limits turned up to high maybe?
wilem is offline Find More Posts by wilem
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:22 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandamandag View Post
Is there a bug on 1.5?
a while ago i flew my quad and it flips when i turn on the self level, i disarmed it and check the lcd screen, i saw that my roll angle and pitch angle are so high i think it was about 68 and 65 that is supposedly 0 on flat surface, i restart it and flew normal again i dont know why.
Gyro bias probably from a thermal change from arming to when you flipped entering self-level mode. The angle readings are a dead giveaway.

Until you know how the model reacts to changes in weather you should probably fly exclusivly in acro or level without switching too much between them, had you been in level mode the whole time the loss of control would have been ovbious allowing time to land and rearm ( recalibrate ) which, as you know, solves the problem.

I wasn't happy with my latest H build so I stripped it and rebuilt it as my "Super Simple" X style frame and strapped my KK2 to it rather than the MultiiWii. Madien was stable and the thing is a rocket, I have no idea why MultiiWii is so darn sluggish on the throttle compared to KK2. Now I just have to rebuild the video plate for this new, larger bird. Now that I am playing with my KK2 again, maybe I'll finally get around to that firmware rebuild that I've been thinking about. There is just so much darn untapped potential in a basic 6DoF board that goes wasted, especially for stable/level flight.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:29 AM
Fly For Fun
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Apr 2002
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
Thanks! Yep, I guess it's just a double-layer PCB, but I really would like to know for sure. Anybody tried cutting off the corners?

Isn't 45mm pretty much the standard for FCs these days?
I have cut off the corners (to the holes: left them reverse rounded) without any problem.
Mike
funflyrc is offline Find More Posts by funflyrc
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:01 AM
Croatia, Osijek-Baranja County, Valpovo
Joined Jul 2011
386 Posts
Why I love carbon props

Carbon prop cut branches (0 min 24 sec)
srepfler is offline Find More Posts by srepfler
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:02 AM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
This is new for me. My design have 45mm hole spacing. HK did ask me to use 44mm but I said no because it breaks the current standard of 45mm. I know some older designs used 44.something mm, (mikrokopter?) but as far as I know, new designs use 45mm. Also all frames I have seen uses 45mm.

So they changed it without telling me. Not good. I does not know what their obsession with 44mm is.

This partially clears me of the "traces to close to hole" problem, see pictures below.

You can drag the holes outwards a bit to get 45mm, no problem. There is no traces in that direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funflyrc View Post
I have cut off the corners (to the holes: left them reverse rounded) without any problem.
Mike
Thank you! I dragged the mounting holes towards the corner and my KK2.0 fits perfectly on the standoffs now (and it is still working).

BTW: I always use nylon standoffs and nylon screws.
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:43 AM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
This is new for me. My design have 45mm hole spacing. HK did ask me to use 44mm but I said no because it breaks the current standard of 45mm. I know some older designs used 44.something mm, (mikrokopter?) but as far as I know, new designs use 45mm. Also all frames I have seen uses 45mm.

So they changed it without telling me. Not good. I does not know what their obsession with 44mm is.

This partially clears me of the "traces to close to hole" problem, see pictures below.

You can drag the holes outwards a bit to get 45mm, no problem. There is no traces in that direction.
Sounds like maybe they are trying to salvage some screwed up boards. My KK2, ordered when they first came out looks like your "good" one and measures 45mm exactly. If the two I ordered at the Black Friday price ever show up, I'll be able to see what they are.

Given the problems that more people seem to be having with "later" boards whatever they changed wasn't for the best.

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:40 PM
* fly fast - live slow *
Seeboden in Austria
Joined Dec 2008
83 Posts
odd behavior or a fw bug ?

today I started to use the camera gimbal on my Quad

(i think) I set it up by the book but within the first tests I visited a strange behavior:
as soon as I apply a little throttle, the prior set-up and level angle of both (Roll + Pitch) channels change, stays this way during flight and goes back to the once set-up off-set position again after the flight at no throttle input.

See for yourself, here a video with the changing Roll channel only as example, Pitch behaves similar, watch the cam/gimbal in front of the quad closely

See my settings in the attached pics.
Seebodener is offline Find More Posts by Seebodener
Last edited by Seebodener; Dec 29, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:10 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
What does it do if you tilt the copter and then run the motors up a little? It will either change the same amount or it will change a different amount.
theothercliff is online now Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:26 PM
Croatia, Osijek-Baranja County, Valpovo
Joined Jul 2011
386 Posts
KK2 filming

KK2 + 1.5 fw + Self level + SimonK + gopro excellent combo

Friend backyard take 2 (4 min 49 sec)

Its time to build some gimball but good result with simple strap on frame.
srepfler is offline Find More Posts by srepfler
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:00 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,281 Posts
My new build, a mini pvc v-tail with the KK2 @ V1.5 firmware

Maiden Flight of The Mini PVC V-Tail (6 min 22 sec)
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:30 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
My new build, a mini pvc v-tail with the KK2 @ V1.5 firmware

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTj0Z...ature=youtu.be
Very nice! Is it possible to build larger frames without too much flexing?
How did you attach the motors to the open pipe ends?
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:37 PM
low'n'slow is the way to go
United States, MN
Joined Sep 2008
734 Posts
Hey guys, Im hoping to put together my first Hquad with the KK2 board when my HK shipment gets here. Im just wondering what FW version comes on the board from HK nowadays. I searched the thread and someone said it came with v1.2 flashed from HK, but that was back on the 14th so has that changed at all or will I have to reflash to get 1.5? Luckily at the last minute I added the usbasp to my cart before ordering, not even being 100% if I needed it, but it looks like I did the right thing. So are KK2's still shipped with 1.2 or have they updated? Thanks!
DeepEastKilla is offline Find More Posts by DeepEastKilla
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:11 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seebodener View Post
today I started to use the camera gimbal on my Quad

(i think) I set it up by the book but within the first tests I visited a strange behavior:
as soon as I apply a little throttle, the prior set-up and level angle of both (Roll + Pitch) channels change, stays this way during flight and goes back to the once set-up off-set position again after the flight at no throttle input.

See for yourself, here a video with the changing Roll channel only as example, Pitch behaves similar, watch the cam/gimbal in front of the quad closely

See my settings in the attached pics.
All channels are at 0 until armed and throttle leaves idle, only then will the gimbals reflect what the board thinks is level.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:19 PM
airplanes r made from aluminum
United States, SC, Darlington
Joined Jul 2009
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepEastKilla View Post
Hey guys, Im hoping to put together my first Hquad with the KK2 board when my HK shipment gets here. Im just wondering what FW version comes on the board from HK nowadays. I searched the thread and someone said it came with v1.2 flashed from HK, but that was back on the 14th so has that changed at all or will I have to reflash to get 1.5? Luckily at the last minute I added the usbasp to my cart before ordering, not even being 100% if I needed it, but it looks like I did the right thing. So are KK2's still shipped with 1.2 or have they updated? Thanks!
uhhhh, you're gonna be happy you got the USBASP
just got two boards yesterday they were both V1.2
wilem is offline Find More Posts by wilem