SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:37 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
These are mounting holes in the corners with no visible traces outside of them and they are not "plate through" either. As such it is very unlikely that there exist any middle layers with hidden traces that go outside (closer to the corner) these holes. The only person who could tell you for certain is someone who has the pictures of all the layers, but I would bet at 100 to 1 odds against me that there are none.
Thanks! Yep, I guess it's just a double-layer PCB, but I really would like to know for sure. Anybody tried cutting off the corners?

Isn't 45mm pretty much the standard for FCs these days?
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:38 PM
United Kingdom, England, Oxon
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
I have just updated to v1.5 and get the following error

Error: no thro input

This only happens if I turn on the KK board / Quadcopter before the receiver if I turn on the receiver and then the KK board / Quadcopter I do not get this error and it works correctly.

Any Ideas?

Also what does CPPM do?
8B17 is offline Find More Posts by 8B17
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Jul 2012
442 Posts
Thanks theothercliff, I already watched those videos. Since I still have to try the first fly, I just would like to know the best PI settings for a x 450.
Soul Reaver is offline Find More Posts by Soul Reaver
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:00 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
838 Posts
KK2's For Sale

I have a few KK2 boards that I want to sell. I am moving on to Ardupilot so I don't get that "hammer urge" that comes with the KK2's and the MultiWii's. If your interested PM me. I also have a MultiWii Pro w/GPS that I want to sell. $50

I'm thinking $20 for the two fully functional KK2's I have. I have one that the display stopped working (lights up but nobody home) that I want $10 for. I will ship for free within the US.

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:11 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
I have a few KK2 boards that I want to sell. I am moving on to Ardupilot so I don't get that "hammer urge" that comes with the KK2's and the MultiWii's. If your interested PM me. I also have a MultiWii Pro w/GPS that I want to sell. $50

I'm thinking $20 for the two fully functional KK2's I have. I have one that the display stopped working (lights up but nobody home) that I want $10 for. I will ship for free within the US.

Sudsy
We thinks alike :-)

I am replacing my FreeFlight controller with the CRIUS AIOP from rctimer.com, which can run both MuliWii and Megapirate. They also sell their version of the APM 2.5 at a way lower price than 3DRobotics if you want to go with pure Adrupilot code. If the GPS is a Ubox V1, keep it. It's compatible with the CRIUS AIOP.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:27 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35Mhz View Post
Hi,

I have set it up on a switch on channel 5, so it can be on or off, it just I am not sure how to use it?

Do your start with it on or off[, what exactly is its function?

QUOTE=carr52;23640633]Its not a dumb question at all. I've been on other threads or forums and have been told Google is my friend. Nice way of saying look it up yourself. I joined a forum so I could get help and ask questions. Anyways back to your question. On the KK2 you can activate self level by holding the left stick down and full left while then pull the right stick down and full right. Oh yeah there is a place in the menu I think that you have to choose between stick or switch method. If you choose the switch method like I did you need to put a jumper wire from the Rx to the KK2. The 5th channel. In the building tutorial he explains it much better than me. I hope I've been helpful.

Tom
[/QUOTE]
I just flip the switch and leave mine on all the time. It flys so good I figure why change anything. I didn't update firmware, flash anything readjust or mess with settings. I just followed the videos in the build tutorial and I now have a fun easy quad to fly.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:59 PM
Sweden, Halland County, Halmstad
Joined Feb 2009
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8B17 View Post

This only happens if I turn on the KK board / Quadcopter before the receiver if I turn on the receiver and then the KK board / Quadcopter I do not get this error and it works correctly.

Any Ideas?

Also what does CPPM do?
Your error message is correct, if your radio isn't powered/connected you have no throttle signal present at the KK input.

CPPM allows the "raw" PPM stream from your receiver to be inserted at channel 1.
Benefits? Less cables and possibly faster processing if the internal calculations are made from the raw stream.
CPPM often deliver data for channels 1-8, some receivers enable RSSI output on a normal channel connector when CPPM is used.

Do you need it? No, use 4 or 5 simple cables.
petaks01 is offline Find More Posts by petaks01
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by petaks01 View Post
Your error message is correct, if your radio isn't powered/connected you have no throttle signal present at the KK input.
The error is only present when I turn the radio on and the KK does not show the error while it is turned off. Also if there anyway to clear the error other than resetting the KK?
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:

Any Ideas?

Also what does CPPM do?
The KK2.0 controller needs signals from your receiver within a short time or else it will enter 'ERROR' mode. If you see this error when both are powered simultaneously, your receiver is just too slow connecting to your transmitter and is waiting too long before sending any signals to your KK2.0 board.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RC911; Dec 28, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:30 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post

Sudsy
I'll take em all!
Sent you a PM

Harry
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
The KK2.0 controller needs signals from your receiver within a short time or else it will enter 'ERROR' mode. If you see this error when both are powered simultaneously, your receiver is just too slow connecting to your transmitter and is waiting too long before sending any signals to your KK2.0 board.

And there is no way to disable this like in older version whereby I could turn my radio on at any point?
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:49 PM
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Karup
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Im having a problem with several of my kk2.0 boards
sometimes i dont know why, the yaw axis fails, which means that the copter yaws like if i was touching the yaw stick on transmitter. Looked in reciever test and all zeros, Then i unplug power and plug in again and the problem is gone. Until now i have gotten it down without crash.. Running v1.5 what can cause this?
vartaz is offline Find More Posts by vartaz
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
And there is no way to disable this like in older version whereby I could turn my radio on at any point?
The source code is available so someone with programming skills may be able to fix it, but otherwise: nope.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:57 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Radio Tx should always be on first and off last.

That is Standard Radio safety procedure.

If you are powereing your receiver via seperate supply, not from the KK2 ensure you switch it on first, simple.

None of the previous firmwares allowed you to switch on the radio whenever you wanted as far as I know.

Do not even know why you would want to power up model without any control anyway, seems stupid.

If you are switching receiver on before transmitter you are asking for trouble and it will bite you at the worst time.
Only do that while binding a new receiver to a Tx for the first time, even then on its own out of model.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Radio Tx should always be on first and off last.

That is Standard Radio safety procedure.

If you are powereing your receiver via seperate supply, not from the KK2 ensure you switch it on first, simple.

None of the previous firmwares allowed you to switch on the radio whenever you wanted as far as I know.

Do not even know why you would want to power up model without any control anyway, seems stupid.

If you are switching receiver on before transmitter you are asking for trouble and it will bite you at the worst time.
Only do that while binding a new receiver to a Tx for the first time, even then on its own out of model.
I agree. It is good practice to turn on the transmitter first, but other controllers (e.g. MultiWii) will not force you to do so (since 'arming' is required anyway).
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RC911; Dec 29, 2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Spelling error.