HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:05 PM
Bayou Boy
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Nov 2012
458 Posts
Is there sort of secret code to post a video here ? I posted on you tube and tried to link to forum but no luck I'm sure everybody would live to see me clip a power line??? Hang it in a tree, chase myself across the lawn , and a few other awesome crashes ???
Diazapamjam is offline Find More Posts by Diazapamjam
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:31 PM
iMultirotors
Australia, NSW, Shellharbour
Joined Aug 2012
853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diazapamjam View Post
Is there sort of secret code to post a video here ? I posted on you tube and tried to link to forum but no luck I'm sure everybody would live to see me clip a power line??? Hang it in a tree, chase myself across the lawn , and a few other awesome crashes ???
When posting, click the insert link (blue one) and paste your YT link. That's it.
Senator315 is online now Find More Posts by Senator315
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:04 PM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,795 Posts
I bought a couple a few minutes ago, but I was wondering, can you mess with board orientation?
My mini tricopter demands the board to be mounted in with a corner up front as is KKuk tradition,
there are no holes to mount the flat side front as this KK2.0 board suggests (its hollow where they would be).
Trouble?
Freakazoid is offline Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:15 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
I bought a couple a few minutes ago, but I was wondering, can you mess with board orientation?
My mini tricopter demands the board to be mounted in with a corner up front as is KKuk tradition,
there are no holes to mount the flat side front as this KK2.0 board suggests (its hollow where they would be).
Trouble?
Yes, trouble for a tricopter!
If it was a quad you could switch between quad-x and quad + configs but for a tri? I don't think you have an option.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:21 PM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,795 Posts
Hoo boy.. there goes my minitri taildroop quickfix.
My miniquad has the same forced orientation but atleast with that I can get away with quad+ to fly it as a quad-x.
Bit bummed about the tri though, I guess the only option for that now is some icky multiwii.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:11 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
334 Posts
Quote:
Is there sort of secret code to post a video here ?.....
On YouTube just below the video is a "Share" button.
Click "Share" then copy that URL to here.
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:22 PM
Bayou Boy
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Nov 2012
458 Posts
I tried to upload from URL but no luck I guess I just post link
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:30 PM
Bayou Boy
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Nov 2012
458 Posts
This is my first flight
Quad is a x525 with kk2.0
All videos are on same pack last video is my crash that ended my flying for the day
Maiden flight (1 min 27 sec)

Quadcopter (0 min 37 sec)

Quadcopter crash (0 min 33 sec)

I had flown around 7 min these are some of the vids
If you look good you can see that one boom is bent in last video causing my crash
I replaced aluminum with wood boom
Last edited by Diazapamjam; Dec 24, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:38 PM
Bayou Boy
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Nov 2012
458 Posts
First flight

This is the boom
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:38 PM
Cheyenne, WY
Joined Oct 2010
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
It sounds like your PI settings are still too high for your ECS's. Make sure all your ESC's are configured properly if running stock firmware. Fastest startup is REQUIRED. Disable Low Voltage Cutoff and brake. Standard procedure is to turn off Self Level and zero all your P I settings (leave the limits at the defaults?), then start with P at 1/4 of default (necessary for unflashed ESC's). Move pitch and roll P (up or down to set it below oscillation point). Move pitch and roll I (eye not el) up till it oscillates and then back it down till it stops. Having yaw set too high can cause problems too. I would turn yaw P up till it fights you trying to twist it by hand and yaw I up to make it keep fighting and not give up like P alone does. If you want to use self level then start at 0 and work up from there by maybe 2 at a time?
Thanks! All good advice. As I said I did the overhead check, pitch and roll are fine,twist/yaw it goes bezerk,like the Yaw GYRO is Reversed. Sorry I didn't mean to imply that I had never set up or flown a Quad before. The thing is I'm using SimonK flashed ESCs. Also the whole set up worked fine before the crash. I pancaked it when I was doing flips and rolls, didn't even break a prop, but split an arm where the landing gear attaches, arm split from there to the motor mount bolts. Moved every thing to a new frame, went thru set up, won't fly, set PID as per post 1, won't fly. Acts like it has a reversed YAW GYRO but if is impossible for a gyro to get reversed on this board then I guess its something else. I've had all the gyros get reversed on a KK 5.5 board in a crash but its easy to recognize and easy to fix on that board. I'll just switch the board out if it flys i'll know the board was bad.
augerN is offline Find More Posts by augerN
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:18 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
Trouble?
There is a way to handle this. The mixer editor. You first need to understand the difference between X and +, and then do something similar by hand to the Y configuration. Do you understand trig basics?
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
There is a way to handle this. The mixer editor. You first need to understand the difference between X and +, and then do something similar by hand to the Y configuration. Do you understand trig basics?
an even easier fix is to stick it on with double sided gyro tape, the kind used for r/c heli's
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:28 PM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Dont suppose I can get away with just turning on a deltamixer in my transmitter?
That little trick used to work back ways before we even had quad X and +.
But a tricopter has something else going on so that probably wont work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
an even easier fix is to stick it on with double sided gyro tape, the kind used for r/c heli's
Theres nothing to stick it to, its a hollow frame with the board suspended by its corners.
Last edited by Freakazoid; Dec 24, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:37 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
334 Posts
Quote:
I tried to upload from URL but no luck I guess I just post link
You have to use the "Share" URL!
It will look something like this...
youtu.be/biyS-Q0eNBE
It will have http:// in front of it.
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:38 PM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,132 Posts
Quote:
This is my first flight
Quad is a x525 with kk2.0
All videos are on same pack last video is my crash that ended my flying for the day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHBV7X-k2Xk&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAFBuZqBMUw&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-gWO97HH8w&sns=em
I had flown around 7 min these are some of the vids
If you look good you can see that one boom is bent in last video causing my crash
I replaced aluminum with wood boom
Man, start small! All at head height: Very slow ten foot circles left and right, then figure 8's, then everything a little faster with slightly banked turns instead of slow and flat. Try to keep the copter pointed in the direction it is moving. A bigger flying area gives you room to "punch out" instead of chopping the throttle and landing hard, but I understand if the front yard is very convenient!

With helis it is important to develop the "pinch the stick between the thumb and index finger" method instead of the "thumb on top" method. You need at least a neck strap or to be sitting in a chair to do this, but it is necessary for you to easily control the throttle at the same time as the rudder (yaw) that is on the same stick.

There is a feature on the KK2 (Misc Settings -> Height Dampening) that will help you control your height to not get up so high.

Just some things that I learned about the hard way.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff