SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:12 AM
Philippines, NCR, Quezon City
Joined Apr 2012
662 Posts
Hi! I'm now using firmware 1.5. Self leveling is awesome. Just slight unstable yaw. Anyone knows how to correct this? P gain in self levelling is 75. I gain is 10. What should i increase?
DYORD is offline Find More Posts by DYORD
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:13 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,118 Posts
Got my first KK2 board and other stuff on the way from HK - I understand that v1.5 firmware supports CPPM input which I'd really like to use - can anyone please point me to where I can find the info on using this, particularly how/where to connect it? Thanks!
GordonTarling is online now Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:40 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling View Post
Got my first KK2 board and other stuff on the way from HK - I understand that v1.5 firmware supports CPPM input which I'd really like to use - can anyone please point me to where I can find the info on using this, particularly how/where to connect it? Thanks!
The board as shipped supports cppm, but the labels are reversed in the editor. If you don't even know how to connect it I suggest starting with the manual.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:41 AM
Croatia, Osijek-Baranja County, Valpovo
Joined Jul 2011
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYORD View Post
Hi! I'm now using firmware 1.5. Self leveling is awesome. Just slight unstable yaw. Anyone knows how to correct this? P gain in self levelling is 75. I gain is 10. What should i increase?
In PI Editor increase Yaw P to 100 or even 150.
srepfler is offline Find More Posts by srepfler
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:03 AM
Grounded Pilot
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
I have KK V 1.2 FW. Also have Turnegy 25 Amp ESCs I noticed that the response time for Roll and Pitch is very slow. Short of getting SimonK flashed ESCs. Does anyone know if changing stick scaling or the P and/or I gains would speed up motor response in this case? I searched this forum and did not see any discussion linking speed of right stick motor response to gains adjustment. Do you all think that it would be fair to conclude that a SimonK flashed ESCs is the answer? Thanks for any insights.
IIIBonesAirForce is offline Find More Posts by IIIBonesAirForce
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:15 AM
Supersonic Engineering
Joined Mar 2001
3,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
The board as shipped supports cppm, but the labels are reversed in the editor. If you don't even know how to connect it I suggest starting with the manual.
Thanks for that - I thought I studied the latest manual and could find no sign of how to connect CPPM, hence my question - perhaps I was looking at an older version.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:16 AM
Grounded Pilot
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
I just saw post number 8379 stating that flashing ESCs with SimonK solved the response problem and made craft more agile. Thanks Cadriel
IIIBonesAirForce is offline Find More Posts by IIIBonesAirForce
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:18 AM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling View Post
Thanks for that - I thought I studied the latest manual and could find no sign of how to connect CPPM, hence my question - perhaps I was looking at an older version.
I just did a check (search this topic for all posts by kapteinkuk with CPPM in them).

CPPM was added in the 1.1 release

and the labels were fixed in 1.3.

regards,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:35 AM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
CPPM & Feature Requests

Speaking of CPPM, I've been wondering for a while if more than 5 input channels are available if CPPM is enabled?

If so then I have a couple of feature requests/suggestions:

A switched "lost model" alarm would be possible. Be able to turn on the beeper with a channel switch. This would be better than the current feature where the beeper starts after a period of inactivity.

Having lost an mQx and had a few longer searches when flying in my hayfield I really like this feature. I have a separate beeper connected to an extra RX channel right now, but this would be simpler. Also, unless I can keep the RX sending PPM signals out of some channels as well as CPPM I couldn't use the external beeper if I went CPPM, which would be a tough choice.

Secondly, switch the output of unused motor outputs, which could then be used to drive LED's, etc, (or even a lost model beeper I guess ). This would be useful even if it was still a servo type output, or perhaps could be configured as a logic signal.

Anyway, all these are mute if additional channels aren't available. I suspect that both could be done with fairly modest code changes.

The first one would be a simple feature, and sufficiently straightforward.

I could see vetoing all, or parts of, the second one on complexity grounds as it pushes the boundaries of simple enough for mass consumption.

Comments?

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:41 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Andrew,

I believe it can, but the problem is lack of code space. Without some major rewrites there is not room for a lot of new features. KK already pulled the debug menu to squeeze in camstab.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:56 AM
Supersonic Engineering
Joined Mar 2001
3,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
I just did a check (search this topic for all posts by kapteinkuk with CPPM in them).

CPPM was added in the 1.1 release

and the labels were fixed in 1.3.

regards,
Andrew
Thanks for that - very helpful! I'll do some more browsing and reading.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:49 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,175 Posts
Still running v1.0 on my board :P

Flys great gyros only
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:57 AM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIBonesAirForce View Post
I have KK V 1.2 FW. Also have Turnegy 25 Amp ESCs I noticed that the response time for Roll and Pitch is very slow. Short of getting SimonK flashed ESCs. Does anyone know if changing stick scaling or the P and/or I gains would speed up motor response in this case? I searched this forum and did not see any discussion linking speed of right stick motor response to gains adjustment. Do you all think that it would be fair to conclude that a SimonK flashed ESCs is the answer? Thanks for any insights.
Stick scaling can definately do this for you. Try around 80.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:57 AM
...just an earth bound misfit
Joined Mar 2010
660 Posts
Quote:
requests/suggestions:

A switched "lost model" alarm would be possible. Be able to turn on the beeper with a channel switch. This would be better than the current feature where the beeper starts after a period of inactivity.
:
The current lost model alarm implementation is great. Let's say the receiver gets smashed or the antenna gets torn off in a crash. What happens to your switch now? Perhaps a receiver signal could be used to actively inhibit the potentially annoying beeps, but it shouldn't be used to enable it.

Quote:
Also, unless I can keep the RX sending PPM signals out of some channels as well as CPPM I couldn't use the external beeper if I went CPPM, which would be a tough choice.
Your perceived dilemma is addressed by a signal to inhibit alarm.

Quote:
Secondly, switch the output of unused motor outputs, which could then be used to drive LED's, etc, (or even a lost model beeper I guess ). This would be useful even if it was still a servo type output, or perhaps could be configured as a logic signal.
The CPPM receiver I'm using (after-market offering for the Hitec Aurora 9) is an eight channel unit which can be configured to send CPPM out on the port normally used for channel 1 and RSSI on the port normally used for channel 2; and spare receiver ports are available for other uses:
As the PPM signal is usually used to drive the primary flight controls,
servo connector channels 5, 6, 7, 8 will shift to become channels 6, 7, 8
and 9 respectively to allow additional auxiliary devices to be
connected.

Dragging extra features into the KK2 will potentially lead to complexity and compromises that we probably don't need.
Dirt-Torpedo is offline Find More Posts by Dirt-Torpedo
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:00 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,658 Posts
Quote:

Comments?

cheers,
Andrew
If you continually arm or disarm the KK2, it beeps. When you lose it, just continually disarm it to hear the beeper.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member