thefokker is online now Find More Posts by thefokker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:20 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefokker View Post
Hello all. I am really diggin this new KK2 board. I never use autolevel, I want to be the pilot not a passenger. Here is a vid of my maiden los flight. Total setup time was a little more than 5 min. I went out it felt great so I ripped on it pretty hard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDEzM4FKOPI&feature=plcp
HOLY FOKKER!! Awesome flyin' man!
fallingdown is offline Find More Posts by fallingdown
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:31 PM
Team White Llama
USA, IL, Mundelein
Joined Mar 2005
1,062 Posts

Im gonna put some fpv gear on her and really see what it can do asap.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:41 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando View Post
sorry, but i think you are wrong.
the KK2 just doesn't have the "self level" as other boards have. it does not "snap" back to level as other boards do.
it has nothing to do with the craft it's mounted on. it's the KK2.
i have a quad with FF, i took of the FF and put on the KK2. it's rock solid WITHOUT SELF LEVEL, but put self level on and it's a nightmare compared to the FF.
if it would be a hardware issue the quad would be badly behaving with the FF also. (or with multiwii or the rabbit i have, but it doesn't)
Well, to each his own opinion. I'll show a video later of mine in AL, no issues. My comments are to say that the KK2 is not the cause of wobbling and erratic flight characteristics. I did not say anything about how fast or slow it takes to auto level. If you say that it takes too long for the AL to do its job, I'll agree it's a KK2 board issue. If you say the quad wobbles and is erratic, then I won't agree its a KK2 issue. I believe it's a setup issue.

Anyways, in my video I'll show the LCD display to show that AL is turned on. And again, deductive reasoning, for me, at least, tells me that it has to be a setup issue if it flies fine on many platforms but is wobbly and erratic on "some" units. Or maybe I'm lucky and the KK2 board happens to be a good match for my small 250 frame. I dunno.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:01 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
Yeah you really need a high speed digital servo... At a minimum spend $20 for a good one. I have a $5 analog metal gear on my tri and had to really turn down the gains and tune it to get rid of the wobble... after that it flies just like the original kk. But after upgrading the servo I could bring the gains back up to stock settings and is nice. FYI, metal gear servos will induce more vibration than nylon gear.
I find it hard to believe the analog servo won't work. These analog servos are sold by the millions and deliver consistent. I have 2 different 25g digital servos coming. We'll see but several different people with totally different setups, experiencing the same new problem with properly functioning servos smell funny to me.

Rolf, any thoughts on this?
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:03 PM
Westland Michigan.
Joined Jan 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Hello all. I am really diggin this new KK2 board. I never use autolevel, I want to be the pilot not a passenger. Here is a vid of my maiden los flight. Total setup time was a little more than 5 min. I went out it felt great so I ripped on it pretty hard.
Pretty impressive flying!! May I ask what kind of camera your using. And does it have stabilization?
mikemijal is offline Find More Posts by mikemijal
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:10 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
That was some great flying you have gave me the inspiration to practice much much more
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:26 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
880 Posts
Quote:
Hello all. I am really diggin this new KK2 board. I never use autolevel, I want to be the pilot not a passenger. Here is a vid of my maiden los flight. Total setup time was a little more than 5 min. I went out it felt great so I ripped on it pretty
The Red Baron would be proud of you the way you can handle that little Fokker!
You lamas sure get your swerve on.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:28 PM
Team White Llama
USA, IL, Mundelein
Joined Mar 2005
1,062 Posts
Thanks guys practice makes perfect. I use a gopro h2 just hard mounted in its case no stabilization. I shoot 720/60.

My 2 cents on analog servos w a a gyro never has worked well for me in the past on heli tails. Get a good digital servo. If I flew a tri. I would run a jr3500g or something along those lines.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:07 PM
Riverside, Ca
Joined Oct 2006
347 Posts
Heres how I got this thing set up. Airplane 1s aileron. Can not get the servo's to work. Is this right how I have it?
johnnycat500 is offline Find More Posts by johnnycat500
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:22 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
Heres how I got this thing set up. Airplane 1s aileron. Can not get the servo's to work. Is this right how I have it?
That looks right. How are you powering any servos connected to M2 and above?
M2 to M8 have no power on the +5V pin so you need to either do the mod I posted a page or so back or connect some other source of +5V to a spare output inside the range M2 to M8.

Maybe the easiest way would be to remap the mixer so that the four channels come out M3, M4, M5 and M6, then place a normal jumper between the two center pins of M1 and M2. That is, horizontally across the middle of M1 and M2.
Then you'll always have power to the servos until that jumper falls out

If you do decide top alter the mixer just remember to set the types to "Servo" for the servos and "ESC" for the motor.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:31 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
I find it hard to believe the analog servo won't work. These analog servos are sold by the millions and deliver consistent. I have 2 different 25g digital servos coming. We'll see but several different people with totally different setups, experiencing the same new problem with properly functioning servos smell funny to me.

Rolf, any thoughts on this?
H
Oh they work fine. But the KK2 is capable of driving the servo MUCH faster than the original kk board... So you either have to tune down the gain on yaw back down to the point where its at on the originall kk, and lose heading hold and drift like mad... OR, get a higher speed, digital (more accurate) servo that can handle the increased input. The faster the yaw servo can respond the sharper and steadier your yaw stability and control will be.
fallingdown is offline Find More Posts by fallingdown
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:49 PM
Riverside, Ca
Joined Oct 2006
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
That looks right. How are you powering any servos connected to M2 and above?
M2 to M8 have no power on the +5V pin so you need to either do the mod I posted a page or so back or connect some other source of +5V to a spare output inside the range M2 to M8.

Maybe the easiest way would be to remap the mixer so that the four channels come out M3, M4, M5 and M6, then place a normal jumper between the two center pins of M1 and M2. That is, horizontally across the middle of M1 and M2.
Then you'll always have power to the servos until that jumper falls out

If you do decide top alter the mixer just remember to set the types to "Servo" for the servos and "ESC" for the motor.

Thanks so munch for the reply. It makes since they are not working if they don't have power LOL I will make a jumper for power from m1 to m2. Will use m3-4-5-6 for motor and servo's
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:43 AM
Riverside, Ca
Joined Oct 2006
347 Posts
I made the jumper and now the servo's have power. I have had the servo's set at o and 100 +. When you power up they go all the way to one side. How would I get them to the middle of there range,so there is movement both ways.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 02:21 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
I made the jumper and now the servo's have power. I have had the servo's set at o and 100 +. When you power up they go all the way to one side. How would I get them to the middle of there range,so there is movement both ways.
Doesn't the P trim value determine the range? Also transmitter trims as a last resort.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie